Thread: Wierd Pop-Up

Deleted

Wierd Pop-Up

My computer has been infected (or maybe I installed something) with a program that keeps telling me to download Tune-Up Pro. I've been searching as much as I can over the internet and cant find someone else who have this problem. I also tried to download the program (stopped it mid download so I can get the filename) and googled on it too but then I only get to some kind of IP-information site.

Please help me, I don't know how to get this virus away.

Sorry for my bad english, second language.

10+ Year Old Account
    Looks like you instaled something that has attached a trashware.
    Best solution is to set the time back on computer for a week. (or a day before you noticed this)

Secondary thing you can do is:
    A) Delete everything you instaled recently (every instal file)
    B) Use a search and type the file name (Tune-Up Pro in your case) and delete EVERYTHING that has a name in it (usualy 2-3 maps)
    C) Open your registery and look for files that have Tune-up pro and delete them (guide--) http://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch001348.htm )
    D) Start the windows in safe mode and run anti-virus programs , CC- cleaner and Spybot search and destroy
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Before you delete stuff try using Malware Bytes or Ad Aware to remove it. If they can't then delete and stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyboard Champion View Post
    Before you delete stuff try using Malware Bytes or Ad Aware to remove it. If they can't then delete and stuff.
    Malware Bytes install comes with trashware install tho. You need to watch out what you aggre on.
    If you dont have it installed yet.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Deleted
    Been awhile since it was updated but still relevant:

malware-removal-guide