Deleted

Razer Ouroboros Charging Dock Problem

Hi all,

So I bought the Razer Ouroboros wireless mouse, I love everything about it except for one thing which is the charging dock.

Currently I'm using it wired usb straight from the pc to the mouse, for it to work wirelessly the usb goes from the pc to the charging dock and the mouse syncs up with the charging dock, the problem at the moment is because the pc powers the dock when I turn the pc off at night and the dock goes off which is expected as the PC powers it so then my mouse can't be charged...what I'm looking for is a splitter 2 way so I can plug one usb into the PC and another usb into a power source so I can keep the dock on at night to charge the mouse and the pc will still recognise it so I don't have to keep switching cables. Could anyone recommend anything like this?

Any powered USB hub should do the trick. Im using a Razer Mamba wireless and I can leave my mouse on the dock charging overnight with my laptop off

Depending on how new your MB/Laptop is, there should be an option to keep USB running so you can charge USB devices. What model/brand is your MB/Laptop?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by noobj View Post
    Any powered USB hub should do the trick. Im using a Razer Mamba wireless and I can leave my mouse on the dock charging overnight with my laptop off
    Would the hub recognise the the mouse and allow the pc to recognise it, basically I need to split the one cable thats a charger and usb cable for the mouse into 2 usb's one to go into the pc and one to go into a power source usb

Quote Originally Posted by Relent View Post
    Would the hub recognise the the mouse and allow the pc to recognise it, basically I need to split the one cable thats a charger and usb cable for the mouse into 2 usb's one to go into the pc and one to go into a power source usb
    If you get a powered (as in, uses a mains adapter) USB hub; the devices attached will stay powered regardless of whether the hub is even plugged in, let alone the host device being on.

However, you're likely overlooking a setting in your BIOS that will allow USB power to stay on - or it's only specific ports that have that. What motherboard do you have?
    5800X | XFX 7900XTX | Prime X570 Pro | 32GB | 990Pro + SN850 2TB | Define 7

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FlawlessSoul View Post
    If you get a powered (as in, uses a mains adapter) USB hub; the devices attached will stay powered regardless of whether the hub is even plugged in, let alone the host device being on.

However, you're likely overlooking a setting in your BIOS that will allow USB power to stay on - or it's only specific ports that have that. What motherboard do you have?
    Thanks for the replies I've done exactly that, managed to find a hub that is also powered by the mains, all my things now charge at night, thanks