Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    Time flows differently in the game than real life.

Probably all the events of MoP can be condensed into a few months probably of the actual time it takes for all the lore events to happen.

Same for all the previous expansions.
    I thought that there was a pretty long gap between the end of Wrath and the flight of Deathwing, like at least 5 or so (in-game) years. I remember people saying stuff like when you log back tomorrow after the patch 5 years will have passed since the death of Arthas and we'll pick it up again with the arrival of Deathwing.

The whole Bolvar thing was ridiculous, the "ALWAYS HAS TO BE A LICH KING!!" plot point was stupid as fuck and felt like they only did it because they were scared of "finishing" one of their most well known plots off.

Bolvar should have stayed dead and revered by the Alliance, and the scourge should have ended with the Argent Crusade hunting down the remaining scourge lords in Northrend

Deleted
    They should had given the helm to sylvanas.
    She broke free under the LK and has shown she can resist the evil.

Now we have another weak minded human that will turn evil again.

Quote Originally Posted by Tromage View Post
    She broke free under the LK and has shown she can resist the evil.
    That's seriously debatable :P
    She also didn't break free under her own power, it was due to external events which caused the Lich King to lose some of his focus.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfKnees View Post
    Man, people are being assholes in here, it's just a theory guys.

Either way, I'm sure Blizzard will continue the story when they feel like it's the proper time for it, but it won't be that in WoD.
    Yeah this was what I was thinking. My god people it's just someone's theory and people are like "no it's bullshit, that's so stupid". This is why I don't make threads as much anymore.

OT: I think it would be cool for Bolvar to awaken as the new Lich King but I think it's still too soon. Maybe in the next expansion or the expansion after it. Maybe they can have so that Bolvar can somehow resist most of the Lich King's power and make his own decisions. So he could be like an anti-hero or something. Not evil but not a good guy either.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

The actual conclusion to Wrath was rubbish and a fore bearer for the garbage we had coming down the pipe from Blizzard.They didn't want to do a legitimate ending to Wrath because it's their 'ace in the hole' when subs get low. They're already showing they have no real probably basically redoing an expansion (TBC -> WoD) but changing a few things. And they'll probably end up doing the same to Wrath in a few expansions.

Edit: Or worse yet they did the whole 'must always be a lich king' thing so that when they DO get around to a real Burning Legion on Azeroth expansion we'll have to fall back on the aid of the Scourge under Bolvar. They'd probably end up doing some BS-y thing where we're pushed up against the wall and then Bolvar saves the day wielding the shattered Frostmourne or some shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaelorian View Post
    They should leave Bolvar the hell alone. It was already stupid to "require" a Lich King in the first place.

How many times did we not kill about EVERY undead? So what hordes of undead would be rampant? Hell let's kill the Lich King without finding a replacement. Sent a few of the top raiders across the lands and clean up every undead?
    This.

Undead are pussies and we kill them on sight.

Even if they amassed a huge army, eventually we'd kill that entire army and there'd be nothing left.

Not only should we wipe out all undead for strategic reasons, but we should destroy them all out of empathy as well. No one wants to be a mindless undead slave. They should be destroyed for their own good. They should've created some "Undeath Squads" to go wipe them off the face of the planet. There's honestly not that many.
    I like ponies and I really don't care what you have to say about that.

I really don't think that Bolvar will be hostile when he comes back. He is the Lich King now. Just him. Only thing the helmet does is allow him to control the Scourge. There's nothing left of either Arthas or Ner'zhul for him to resist. Which means that if/when he returns, the Scourge will fight for the side of the factions. At least, that's my prediction. And personally, I think we've already seen a little bit of that in the naga/kvaldir war in Vashj'ir, though that's little better than a wild mass guess on my part.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard teased an apocalyptic future LK (which may or may not be Bolvar):
    In one possible future, he'd seen a successive Lich King rise from the Frozen Throne, even more terrible than Arthas or Ner'zhul, and sweep across the land with thousands of skeletal warriors in his wake. When the Legion returned, it was to a world already dead, and the demons laughed and played with the unnaturally risen draenei—all to spite Velen for the chase he'd led across the universe.
    --Prophet's Lesson

Quote Originally Posted by Dasani View Post
    This.

Even if they amassed a huge army, eventually we'd kill that entire army and there'd be nothing left.

Not only should we wipe out all undead for strategic reasons, but we should destroy them all out of empathy as well. No one wants to be a mindless undead slave. They should be destroyed for their own good. They should've created some "Undeath Squads" to go wipe them off the face of the planet. There's honestly not that many.
    You can fantasize that all you want, but according to Blizzard the Scourge could wipe us all out if unrestrained.

Quote Originally Posted by Constraint View Post
    Where did/do these magical, invisible scourge live? We defeated them in every single part of Northrend, and every single part of Azeroth. Is there some undiscovered island home to millions of random Scourge somewhere?
    It says in game that there are many more that the ones yo killed. You cant tell the devs and the game that the lore is wrong. Your argument is invalid.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dasani View Post
    This.

No beacuse Nercos will always exist and there will always be dead people. Endless resources.

Where did/do these magical, invisible scourge live? We defeated them in every single part of Northrend, and every single part of Azeroth. Is there some undiscovered island home to millions of random Scourge somewhere?
    There still roaming around icecrown, just go and visit and you will see. Kappa!

I predict in a climax between Azeroth and the Legion, Bolvar will wake up and aim the Scourge at their former masters.

Though hopefully this is not in WoD....I would rather this be around the time they plan to release the final expansion of WoW....
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosstafa View Post
    If it's an assumption, then Bolvar could wake up at any time. It doesn't mean anything. Just waking him up for an arbitrary reason would suck imo. We should revisit him when the time is right, and when he can add something to the story other than being another WotLK expansion. I'd say tie it in to Sylvanas betraying the Horde.
    This but call an expansion:

"Patience of the Lich Queen"

Why don't they just get Anduin to exercise them all back to wherever dead people go? And then exercise Ner'Zhul out of Bolvar if he's still left. I still don't believe that Arthas just "killed" Ner'Zhul inside his mind and completely took over. lol But I guess anything is possible.

Or we can just let Thrall take over the mantle and single-handedly defeat Sargeras while restoring galactic peace and setting every last soul free after their service has ended.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Keile View Post
    I predict in a climax between Azeroth and the Legion, Bolvar will wake up and aim the Scourge at their former masters.

Though hopefully this is not in WoD....I would rather this be around the time they plan to release the final expansion of WoW....
    There will never be a final expansion of WoW. They'll keep making them as long as they make money off of them. And when they stop making money off of them they will stop making them but I doubt they would say.. "this is it, guys, let's make the one final expansion with every boss the players want."

10+ Year Old Account
    I have to agree with the OP, think about it:

Vanilla
    BC
    Wrath
    Cataclysm
    Pandaria
    Alternate world BC
    Wrath of the New Lich King
    Deathwing 3.0
    Fuzzy Bears of Death and Kindness: Episode II

OMG I think I just figured out that Blizzard is recycling because they ran out of new ideas! Can't wait until the next expansion is announced to see if I am right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xekus View Post
    Yes, she would destroy me and my raging boner.
    In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government IS the problem.

10+ Year Old Account
    I feel bad saying this but if you follow the lore strictly through in-game you can't really properly discuss lore at all. I know that you SHOULD be able to but the fact is a lot of lore is in the novels. If you assume we beat the Scourge because a guild of 40 people ran through Icecrown clearing them I don't really know if you can be reasoned with @_@

Bolvar could awaken at any time, I would appreciate him waking before WoW comes to a close but we don't know. Blizzard essentially ended that chapter with the possibly to make a sequel should they decide to. Lets be completely honest, Bolvar can be a major asset to the Alliance and Horde, or just the Alliance or he can be a major enemy to us or just a completely neutral army when the Legion one day comes.

What I'm hoping for is when we finally go after the Legion the Bolvar and the Scourge will come with us.

No, we haven't. We've never been to most of Northrend. We only saw about 8 miles out of it's 800 mile long southern coast.

Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post
    I hope he stays forgotten and presumed dead.

Don't want no crap LK stuff again.
    Gee, and I didn't want crap BC stuff again, but we don't always get what we want, do we.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    Sure, I'd love to kill Bolvar again.
    Right? Seems like not too many people understand that Bolvar : Alliance as Thrall : Horde.

It's my go-to for any time someone starts going on about how Blizzard favors the alliance: "Oh, really? Well, Thrall got to get married to the love of his life and become a father. How'd Bolvar fare? Oh.".