Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's as if folks are forgetting something important about the Helm of Domination: Whoever wields it not only controls the Scourge but inherits the memories and abilities of their predecessor. Arthas assimilated Ner'zul's memories and he references this to the Pllayer Character on a quest in Howling Fjord where he says to you "I was once a Shaman."

The only two things I liked about Rise of the Lich King was it helped straighten out the timeline for WCIII/TFT and reveals the mental battle between Arthas, Ner'zul and the third who would become the Lich King: "There is no more Arthas or Ner'zul. There is only The Lich King." That said, I think it would be fair to consider the Lich King's persona Arthas and Ner'zul's combined. He had the memories of both of his past selves. It's fair to say Bolvar's personality will be added to the tally.

Another thing I just remembered: After Lich King Arthas was slain the Scourge outside Northrend broke away into splinter factions. The Scourge forces in the former Plaguelands were snuffed out by the Alliance, Horde and Argent Crusade. That seems to run counter what Terenas said about the Scourge being a threat to the rest of the world without the Lich King.

The only thing the OP said that I agree with is we probably haven't seen the last of Bolvar. I think he'll take on more of a Davy Jones-type of role: Join the Scourge or perish. Also, while yes Frostmourne made it easy for LK Arthas to raise the dead, LK Ner'zul didn't need it to raise the dead so...yeah. Plus we know other Scourge could also raise new scourge XD
    ...Ok, time to change the ol' Sig ^_^

This time I'll leave you the Links to 3 of my Wordpress Blogs: 1. Serene Adventure 2. Video Games 3. Anime Please subscribe if you like what you see. As a Bonus, I'll throw in my You Tube channel =D

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't care when, why, or how. I just want another LK northrend expac.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WintersLegion View Post
    What I'm hoping for is when we finally go after the Legion the Bolvar and the Scourge will come with us.
    Meh. Kil'jaedan snaps his demon fingers and the warlock-made, necromantic magic that binds The Scourge shatters.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrouded View Post
    More like a Lich Custodian, then. I guess he can't tell them to jump in a volcano either - should be easy in the Dragonblight, but nooo. It feels like that entire ending was constructed solely for the purpose of the "there must always be a Lich King" tagline.
    Bolvar Fordragon: I must be forgotten, Tirion! If the world is to live free from the tyranny of fear, they must never know what was done here today!

Causing all Undead to jump into a volcano would definitly make people suspect something

Or he doesn't want to because he intents to use them later as in he's corrupted. But I wouldn't be surprised if Blizzard hasn't decided on that yet and simply keeps it a secret until they need him again
    Last edited by mmocf1858d9362; 2014-08-13 at 12:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by n7stormreaver View Post
    I specifically said "If we take it as rule"

It's an assumption.

It is an assumption.
    By this logic, let's take it as a rule that I'm god and rule everything. Omai, the power, it's...! Wait....still nothing.

Why bother making up a random 'rule' to prop up some even more random theory? Hey I know, let's take it as a rule that our characters have been asleep since vanilla and everything in TBC, Wrath, Cata and MoP were a dream.

What are you even getting at?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gnasnimadan View Post
    Bolvar Fordragon: I must be forgotten, Tirion! If the world is to live free from the tyranny of fear, they must never know what was done here today!

Causing all Undead to jump into a volcano would definitly make people suspect something

Or he doesn't want to because he intents to use them later as in he's corrupted. But I wouldn't be surprised if Blizzard hasn't decided on that yet and simply keeps it a secret until they need him again
    Yeah, that's something I've been thinking about as well, if the Lich King actually broke him and he just tricked us into thinking he didn't that would lead into another expsnsion.

I personally don't want another Lich King expansion, the final sacrifice was a nice ending and a bittersweet victory, a kind of victory but at what cost situation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaelorian View Post
    They should leave Bolvar the hell alone. It was already stupid to "require" a Lich King in the first place.

How many times did we not kill about EVERY undead? So what hordes of undead would be rampant? Hell let's kill the Lich King without finding a replacement. Sent a few of the top raiders across the lands and clean up every undead?
    It's going to play into the Lore later. Maybe it was all a trick, and it was what was left of Ner'Zhul who said "there must always be a Lich King", merely to get a new host.

I think if I had to go back to Wrath so soon I would not play anymore. The zone is fine, adding different quests in the same landscape would not make it any more fun to me.

Bringing the LK back would be a lame move.

It just wouldn't be the same. It would just feel like a cheap reskin throw in for the sake of it. I agree that the idea of needing to have a Lich King forever was a dumb move. They should had just killed him off,let him stay dead and be remembered for what he was.

Lore-time isn't the same as real world time.

Likewise, we don't know much about the Lich King either. It didn't take Ner'zhul very long to acclimate himself to the power. It may be that it was different because two (three, perhaps) personalities were struggling for dominant control of the Lich King, and Arthas won out. We won't know unless Blizzard tells us.

Anything, at this point, is pure speculation. Bolvar may be simply acclimating himself before he initiates World War Z, or he may be actually being a good guy and holding Scourge in check. It remains to be seen.

10+ Year Old Account
    If we take as rule that new Lich King has to meditate for at least 5 years after coronation, then Bolvar should be awakened approximately on February 2015, which is probably 6.1 or 6.2

[/B]
    Yes this is a pure speculation thread and this may be true 100%.

Quote Originally Posted by Kryos View Post
    What rule? Found where?
    Calm down, its just a speculation thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    There is no such rule.
    If we take as rule, thats what he said. Pure Speculation.

Quote Originally Posted by Faustas View Post
    I think we'll meet him in the last expansion (when we fight biiiig bad demon for the last time) demons will invade, ppl will start running and screaming omg omg the sky is falling, then Tirion will be like "psst psst, hey you, yes you, come here - remember when LK died? well there is something you must know..." then we'll do looong quest chain to get to him and say - hey dude wake up we need your dead army to distract big baddie or something like that.
    I would like this. Bolvar Fordragon now commands the scourge using his free will and The Scourge would be a great asset to "The Army of The Light".

Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    In order to be awaken, one has to actually be asleep in the first place......
    Bolvar doesn't sleep. He's the lich king now, and controls the scourge.
    The story doesn't need any continuation at all. It has a "logic" finishing.

The Lich King was unable to break Bolvar. Despite of supernatural torture and pain, the will of Bolvar could not be broken. The Light protected him from that fate.
    His body became almost useless, and definitely useless for worldly manners as a paladin. And yet it's still functional enough to serve it's masters mind.
    Arthas lost that connection to the light, long before he was wearing the crown. Bolvar uses the crown to control the scourge, with himself being protected by the light.

Could the story be twisted around and make a 180 degree turn into the opposite direction? Of course, it's at the discretion of the story writers to expand the story.
    But in a way, expanding the Lich Kings story to a return of the evil entity, that would probably be the biggest rehash of a content theme so far in the game.
    And WoW offers plenty of story to be told, that hasn't been told at all yet in the game.
    The game doesn't need a return of the Lich King as a foe.
    Yes everything stated here is true. The story could have a 180 degree turn and The Scourge can join the army of the light to fight against the burning legion.
    My youtube Channel : Arberian021
    WoW isn't all about new concepts or themes, it's about classic archetypes that fit the Holy Trinity gameplay style of Warcraft.
    Demon Hunter Class Idea
    Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post
    Exercise releases endorphins that make you feel good, iirc, don't quote me on it

10+ Year Old Account
    If we take as rule that new Lich King has to meditate for at least 5 years after coronation, then Bolvar should be awakened approximately on February 2015, which is probably 6.1 or 6.2

And even if Blizzard decides to not touch that untill next addon, it would be dissappointing to have Bolvar asleep for 7+ years.

P.S. I believe so because time in Azeroth follows real time IIRC and Lich King died in February 2010.

What do you think about that? They have created another version in this addon, would it be fitting to have new Northrend in next one?

Mistake in title: Half a year. Not 1 year.
    The only reason why Arthas stayed 5 years without doing anything was because there was a conflict betwin him and Ner'Zul, Arthas had to submit Ner'Zul to his will or fall into Ner'Zuls own will, that taked him 5 years.

In the other side, and since Ner'Zull is theoricly dead, Bolvar didn't had to do this, he only has to keep the control over the scourge, a goal which he accepted at his own will with the concent of Tirion Fordring...

I'm sure we will see him comming back... Perhaps after the death of Ner'Zul in WoD (which has already been confirmed), or at least related to it. I agree with you in one point, since the end of Wrath there hasn't existed a so good oportunity for them to bring back the LK has the one we currently have, but that opportunnity isn't related for sure with any kind of need to wake up from his sleep like you stated.

EDIT:
    Anyway, we had a 2.0 classic x-pac (Cata), we are having a TBC 2.0 x-pac (WoD), and we might see a 2.0 Wrath x-pac aswell, and i believe they might be saving Bolvar story for that.
    Last edited by Tuor; 2014-08-13 at 10:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenFuse View Post
    Meh. Kil'jaedan snaps his demon fingers and the warlock-made, necromantic magic that binds The Scourge shatters.
    I'm not sure if he can because I believe he would of just done that when Ner'zhul was the Lich King and turned on the Legion plus there is the fact that the larger the Scourge gets the stronger the Lich King personally becomes it's believed that Arthas was approaching Demigod level as the Lich King before we defeated him.