Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    Stood in the Fire n7stormreaver's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account

Bolvar should awaken in about 1 year

If we take as rule that new Lich King has to meditate for at least 5 years after coronation, then Bolvar should be awakened approximately on February 2015, which is probably 6.1 or 6.2

And even if Blizzard decides to not touch that untill next addon, it would be dissappointing to have Bolvar asleep for 7+ years.

P.S. I believe so because time in Azeroth follows real time IIRC and Lich King died in February 2010.

What do you think about that? They have created another version in this addon, would it be fitting to have new Northrend in next one?

Mistake in title: Half a year. Not 1 year.
    Last edited by n7stormreaver; 2014-08-12 at 10:46 AM. Reason: Title mistake
    Space magic.

What rule? Found where?
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

They should leave Bolvar the hell alone. It was already stupid to "require" a Lich King in the first place.

How many times did we not kill about EVERY undead? So what hordes of undead would be rampant? Hell let's kill the Lich King without finding a replacement. Sent a few of the top raiders across the lands and clean up every undead?

Time flows differently in the game than real life.

Probably all the events of MoP can be condensed into a few months probably of the actual time it takes for all the lore events to happen.

Same for all the previous expansions.

There is no such rule.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaelorian View Post
    How many times did we not kill about EVERY undead? So what hordes of undead would be rampant? Hell let's kill the Lich King without finding a replacement. Sent a few of the top raiders across the lands and clean up every undead?
    That's the point, we barely killed any of them. There are millions of Scourge and many of them are capable of raising more Scourge, including from the bodies of dead Scourge. The Lich King made so many that we could not stop them if they were released with their free will and continued his destruction of the kingdoms, hence why we needed someone to hold them back.

Stood in the Fire n7stormreaver's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kryos View Post
    What rule? Found where?
    I specifically said "If we take it as rule"

It's an assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    There is no such rule.
    It is an assumption.
    Space magic.

That's the point, we barely killed any of them. There are millions of Scourge and many of them are capable of raising more Scourge, including from the bodies of dead Scourge. The Lich King made so many that we could not stop them if they were released with their free will and continued his destruction of the kingdoms, hence why we needed someone to hold them back.
    Well if that were the case (and I am not saying it isn't) good game blizzard for showing this INGAME...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by n7stormreaver View Post
    I specifically said "If we take it as rule"

It's an assumption.

It is an assumption.
    An assumption based on what, out of abject curiosity? Just an arbitrary number or?

If it's an assumption, then Bolvar could wake up at any time. It doesn't mean anything. Just waking him up for an arbitrary reason would suck imo. We should revisit him when the time is right, and when he can add something to the story other than being another WotLK expansion. I'd say tie it in to Sylvanas betraying the Horde.

10+ Year Old Account
    There is no such rule.

Where did/do these magical, invisible scourge live? We defeated them in every single part of Northrend, and every single part of Azeroth. Is there some undiscovered island home to millions of random Scourge somewhere?

Quote Originally Posted by Constraint View Post
    An assumption based on what, out of abject curiosity? Just an arbitrary number or?
    Take a single case that might or might not be accurate even in theory and apply it to everything that will happen in the future. Or, as I call it, utter garbage.
    Your rights as a consumer begin and end at the point where you choose not to consume, and not where you yourself influence the consumed goods.

Translation: if you don't like a game don't play it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Would just be nice to see how he's coping tbh, that storyline with the scourge was ended so abruptly..i was expecting all the scourge to regain their free will like what happened with the forsaken :/

Quote Originally Posted by n7stormreaver View Post
    It is an assumption.
    Aka made up bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by Constraint View Post
    Where did/do these magical, invisible scourge live? We defeated them in every single part of Northrend, and every single part of Azeroth. Is there some undiscovered island home to millions of random Scourge somewhere?
    We didn't though? We didn't clear the scourge from very many places at all, we just offed a few of their leaders.
    There's an entire city of undead nerubians and other zombies under the ice which we barely made a single excursion into, hundreds of tunnels under icecrown, and the varied dead still wandering around most of the zones.
    We didn't cleanse anywhere that wasn't a dungeon or that we didn't subsequently turn into a town, all we managed was temporary abatement action.

The undead zones on Azeroth aren't completely free of scourge either, they still definitely unlive in the Plaguelands and Ghostlands. Even in the most recent WoW book it mentioned Sylvanas visiting the Ghostlands and finding the undead, along with a coven of dark cultists.

Man, people are being assholes in here, it's just a theory guys.

Either way, I'm sure Blizzard will continue the story when they feel like it's the proper time for it, but it won't be that in WoD.

We didn't though? We didn't clear the scourge from very many places at all, we just offed a few of their leaders.
    There's an entire city of undead nerubians and other zombies under the ice which we barely made a single excursion into, hundreds of tunnels under icecrown, and the varied dead still wandering around most of the zones.
    We didn't cleanse anywhere that wasn't a dungeon or that we didn't subsequently turn into a town, all we managed was temporary abatement action.

The undead zones on Azeroth aren't completely free of scourge either, they still definitely unlive in the Plaguelands and Ghostlands. Even in the most recent WoW book it mentioned Sylvanas visiting the Ghostlands and finding the undead, along with a coven of dark cultists.
    Here's a novel idea:

Destroy them now? While they're under Bolvar's control? No?

10+ Year Old Account

And also, it's not like it costs a leg to raise the dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Shrouded View Post
    Here's a novel idea:

Destroy them now? While they're under Bolvar's control? No?
    Apparently the Alliance and Horde can't be bothered. That's the part Blizzard never adequately explained.
    I guess they got distracted by the Cataclysm? And then the Pandaren campaign, but that seems far less important. Maybe they do have small crews there on cleanup duty, but it's taking a while.

Also the Scourge in the Plaguelands and Ghostlands still seem to be hostile despite being under Bolvar's assumed control so I guess all he can do is tell them not to wander across the ocean.

Apparently the Alliance and Horde can't be bothered. That's the part Blizzard never adequately explained.
    I guess they got distracted by the Cataclysm? And then the Pandaren campaign, but that seems far less important. Maybe they do have small crews there on cleanup duty, but it's taking a while.

Also the Scourge in the Plaguelands and Ghostlands still seem to be hostile despite being under Bolvar's assumed control so I guess all he can do is tell them not to wander across the ocean.
    More like a Lich Custodian, then. I guess he can't tell them to jump in a volcano either - should be easy in the Dragonblight, but nooo. It feels like that entire ending was constructed solely for the purpose of the "there must always be a Lich King" tagline.

10+ Year Old Account

I think the idea is that while they are under the lich kings control it only stops them form going rampart across the lands, it doesn't stop them from being hostile to anything approaching them.