Great Old School WoW Memes/Community Creations

Ahh, nostalgia. I has it.

Just spent way too much time watching Nyhm's old videos such as Hard Like Heroic, etc. I always liked Nyhm because he was from Alleria, which is the server I've been on since vanilla.

But my current go to for annoying everyone in my guild is the Shade of Aran chant.

I will not move till flame wreath is cast or the raaaaaaaid blooooows uuuuuuuup.

What is your favorite old school WoW meme or contribution in general from Wow's vast community?

-HealingPants

10+ Year Old Account
    Me and my cousin always laugh when we remember "Light, give me strength!" from Herod

Stood in the Fire
    7+ Year Old Account
    I was originally from Alleria too, and as sick as it sounds, I miss the Barrens chat and endless Chuck Norris jokes. It was spam, but at least I was entertained on occasion. The chat channels now are just spam for sales of arena rating boosts and SoO carries.

Quote Originally Posted by Doez View Post
    I was originally from Alleria too, and as sick as it sounds, I miss the Barrens chat and endless Chuck Norris jokes. It was spam, but at least I was entertained on occasion. The chat channels now are just spam for sales of arena rating boosts and SoO carries.
    I assume that means you were Horde? I was/still am Alliance. Guild back in the day was We Die A Lot, now in Night Eternal. Horde on Alleria has been sooooo dead for soooo long. I miss the old days when there were legit rivalries between Alliance and Horde on the server.

-HealingPants
    Last edited by HealingPants; 2014-08-12 at 02:23 PM.

We used to have a raid leader who would repeat "FLAME WREATH NOBODY MOVE" like 6 times on vent every time Flame Wreath happened. He continued doing it long after everyone had run the place a thousand times.

I originally played Horde (got my Tauren warrior to like level 15 before I abandoned it and switched to my Dwarf warrior, which is still my main) and fondly remember Barrens Chat as well. So much talk about Chuck Norris and Mankrik's wife...

Stood in the Fire
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HealingPants View Post
    I assume that means you were Horde? I was/still am Alliance. Guild back in the day was We Die A Lot, now in Night Eternal. Horde on Alleria has been sooooo dead for soooo long. I miss the old days when there were legit rivalries between Alliance and Horde on the server.
    Yep, I remember those guilds! NE was a solid raid/pvp guild back then too. I used to be in The Velvet Hammer, the only Horde guild that could beat Risen and the other top guilds in bgs. It was so much fun back then, but I've moved on to 5 or 6 servers since then trying to find stability. Alleria and many other realms have suffered in population drops as people seek hot spots. I'm on Sargeras (Alliance) now and enjoy it there when I get time to play.

Deleted
    In my guild during one of our first raids a guy said he was waiting for his pizza that he put in his oven, a while later he realized he had had that pizza in the oven for most of the raid, he still ate it though and described the awful look and taste of the pizza. We always made jokes about him and his pizza.

We also had a gnome mage pugger with us in one of our early raids when we couldn't fill up the whole roster, the mage wiped the whole raid on Feng (second boss in MsV) on the last phase when he got that arcane thing that you should run away with and not stand next to other players with.

After that when someone did something similar on any boss we said that he "pulled a <gnome mages name>" and made lots of jokes about that gnome in general.

Quote Originally Posted by Doez View Post
    Yep, I remember those guilds! NE was a solid raid/pvp guild back then too. I used to be in The Velvet Hammer, the only Horde guild that could beat Risen and the other top guilds in bgs. It was so much fun back then, but I've moved on to 5 or 6 servers since then trying to find stability. Alleria and many other realms have suffered in population drops as people seek hot spots. I'm on Sargeras (Alliance) now and enjoy it there when I get time to play.
    Yeah, Alleria used to be so good for raiding and high end play. Risen, Premonition and plenty of other not quite world chasing but still elite guilds. Hasn't been the same since Premo transferred to Senjin at the start of Wrath. Night Eternal is still around, we're just more casual now. I remember The Velvet Hammer.

-HealingPants
    Writer for Den of Geek, very occasional Twitch streamer
    http://twitch.tv/HealingPants
    https://www.denofgeek.com/us/authors/jason-m-gallagher

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Stood in the Fire
    7+ Year Old Account
    I'd give myself a thumbs down for this next post, but I guess it would be worth mentioning Leroy Jenkins and the endless memes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LkCNJRfSZBU

@HealingPants - Yeah, the rivalries were great! I recall tons of times in bgs and world pvp that I would spot familiar friends and foes on the Alliance side, and go straight for them, and vice versa. We would do anything to kill each other. This is the one thing I truly miss about old-school WoW, the sense of community. It's something we'll never fully see again.
    Last edited by Doez; 2014-08-12 at 02:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dipstick View Post
    My fave by far. I got a SB app of that the other day at work and it still entertained me for a while.. lol
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

Deleted
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q5mD1n4v2JA

Still have an ankh macro for that, but I rarely use it now.

My staff is a good one.

Deleted
    Think it's gotta be:

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    My staff is a good one.
    Cat durid is 4 fite!

Also, skinning a bear should aggro every bears in a 40 yard radius. It only makes sense. You're skinning their best friend.

Warlocks travel in single file to hide our numbers.
    “He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.”

Quote Originally Posted by BatteredRose View Post
    They're greedy soulless monsters for not handing me everything for my 15 moneys a month!

10+ Year Old Account
    I never cared much for Nhym, but last week I had an Oxhorn marathon.
    I'm also loving WowCrendor's WoD Beta videos. Although these aren't new, it's good to see his commenting and comedy style haven't changed at all during the many years he played WoW.

Stood in the Fire
    7+ Year Old Account
    I didn't mind Nyhm's stuff, but when it comes down to a couple movies that I still watch for nostalgia, I turn to Lumbermill - Sinister Sirloin, and Klinda's Shadowmourne pvp vids. Oh, and Gearbreaker's Fury is Good in PVP Damnit is another one that makes me laugh.

Picture-wise I always thought these 2 were pretty funny. The Crack Boss was serious business