Deleted

Dispatch-Mutilate Macro/addon

I'm looking for a macro or addon that makes me always Dispatch when available otherwise Mutilate on a single button. So pressing it with the target above 35% health it will always Mutilate and Dispatch when blindside procs and below 35% it will always Dispatch totally ignoring mutilate.

10+ Year Old Account
    I do not think that is possible. Sorry

10+ Year Old Account
    I remember making a working macro that would Ravage on my feral druid if it was available, but I believe I made it work by using [stealth]

You could try

/use Dispatch
    /use Mutilate

If that doesn't work then it's impossible.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not possible. Macros cannot check conditions in that way. If you coded:

Code:
    #showtooltip
    /use Dispatch
    /use Mutilate
    the macro will always fail until Dispatch is available. It will never move on to Mutilate since a macro will only go to the next line if the previous line is executed.

Oh you, I like your thought process. I went in search of this fabled macro many years ago but sadly I don't believe it's possible.

It isn't possible.

Theory time:

/castsequence reset=2 Mutilate, Dispatch

Shouldn't that just dispatch your proc away automatically? Still dont help with 35% though lol

Deleted
    After some searching around I found this macro that seems to do the job well

-exploit material-
    Last edited by Kael; 2014-08-13 at 03:01 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Unless I'm misunderstanding the -snip- macro, it should cast mutilate, then dispatch, and reset.... or alternately, with a reset timer of -snip-, just spam mut.
    Last edited by Kael; 2014-08-13 at 03:02 AM.

Deleted
    There are two separate castsequences in that macro, I wonder, how does castsequence behave if it encounters an invalid spell in the macro? -snip-

Is it possible that it will advance the sequence, but not behave as if an attempt to cast a spell was made since the spell it was told to cast doesn't exist, and then just proceed to the 2nd castsequence(but I don't understand why whoever wrote that macro didn't just use a regular /cast for the Dispatch).

So if I'm correct and you spam the macro and Dispatch is
    Unavailable:
    -snip-
    Second use will cast Mutilate and reset the castsequence, macro over and we're back to where we started.

Available:
    -snip-, advance that castsequence then go to the next line and try to cast Dispatch and succeed, triggering a gcd giving the first castsequence time to reset, macro over, and we're back to where we started.
    Last edited by Kael; 2014-08-13 at 03:01 AM.

Back in the wonderful days of Combat's youth we had an ability called Riposte that I think was activated by us parrying a mob if I remember correctly. Easiest thing to do back then was just:

/cast Riposte
    /cast Sinister Strike

But... that got broken a long time ago. Really though it's just one button so it's pretty lazy to have to macro that in!

Deleted
    btw I found more info about the macro here -snip-
    Upon more testing I'm not 100% sure when the target is below 35% it always Dispatch and ignores Mutilate. On blindside procs it seems to work well however.
    Last edited by Kael; 2014-08-13 at 03:02 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Since we're going off a locked topic with no explanation, with the in-thread mention that it's pretty certainly not intended behavior, I'm going to go ahead and close this up, patching out comments about it.

Any attempt to get around the limitations added to the macro setup to avoid this behavior should be considered an exploit. It's not an issue of writing style, it's an issue of attempting to get around the basic game mechanics. Sorry to waste anyone's time. Doing some shredding now.

To note, even with an exploit of the macro system, a second button is still required sub-35%, so it's not really worth considering, even for the lazy.
    Last edited by Kael; 2014-08-13 at 03:03 AM.