Page 1 of 24
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Rise of the Tomb Raider - announced as Xbox timed exclusive

http://mouseandkey.com/rise-of-the-t...box-exclusive/

So apparently the next tomb raider is an xbox exclusive? Looking at xbox's track record, most exclusives come to PC anyway. I honestly can't see them denying us this game as it's even better on PC than it is on xbox.
    Last edited by Toralin; 2014-08-13 at 03:51 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fucking dumb as hell is exactly what that is!
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

Deleted
    This is a big score for Microsoft but it hurts Tomb Raider fans
    A lot of Xbox exclusives do come to PC but usually at least 6-12 months later. Some even later.

Sad about it, would have bought it on PC at release, definitely won't buy it on Xbox. Overall not happy with Square Enix for making this deal.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, as someone who's always played the Tomb Raider games on PC or Playstation, this kind of hurts. I'm hoping they're just pulling a Dead Rising 3, where they announce/release it as XBox exclusive, then come clean months later and reveal the PC and/or PS4 version.

Either way, minus respect points to whoever made the deal, you don't do that shit to the direct sequel of an established multi-plat series.

As a huge Tomb Raider fan that doesn't have an Xbox nor is interested in ever buying one, this pisses me off pretty badly. They'd better follow with a version for PC and other platforms soon..

Quote Originally Posted by Cattleya View Post
    Either way, minus respect points to whoever made the deal, you don't do that shit to the direct sequel of an established multi-plat series.
    This.

Who here has NEVER played a Tomb Raider game?

*raises hand*

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cattleya View Post
    Yeah, as someone who's always played the Tomb Raider games on PC or Playstation, this kind of hurts. I'm hoping they're just pulling a Dead Rising 3, where they announce/release it as XBox exclusive, then come clean months later and reveal the PC and/or PS4 version.

Its a forever exclusive now. Microsoft must have paid big dollar for this type of deal. Not gonna work on me though. SE can go dick the dog until the chocobos come home before I buy an Xbone to play a sequel I want.
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

Deleted
    It sucks. They blew it

This is bullshit. I loved the reboot and though it was one of the best games made for 2013.

To make a direct sequal a exclusive is outright bullshit. Dosen't matter if Sony or Microsoft did it. It dose explain why they are making two tomb raider games tho. Its clear that Microsoft paided good money for this and I bet its based off of how much the original tomb raider originally sold. It didn't make a profit until the Ps4/XboxOne versions. So Microsoft waved money around and got it.

The real question is how long is this exclusive for. Every exclusive XboxOne has gotten besides froza and KI has went to other platforms after X amount of months. Ps4 gets plants vs zombies this month and pc got DR3.

Still a shitty move by square enix and I was finally starting to respect the company. Due to this little stunt I won't be buying anymore tomb raider games. I don't care if Ps4 gets it later or not. The only way ill own it is via a used game sell. Square Enix won't profit off this series from me rather give my money to some game store and even then thats if it dose come to ps4 and has a huge price drop.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2014-08-12 at 03:26 PM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

well that is a shame. I really enjoyed the reboot. I guess I won't be getting this then.

Didn't the say that the reboot didn't sell as much as they hoped? Making it exclusive to the Xbox will surely make it sell better.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Ah, exclusives. Those things that exist only because of money being exchanged and in no way offer any sort of benefit for gamers since they just add fuel to the silly "console war" debate.

I guess the money people get for making their game console exclusive is enough to make up for sales they'd see on other platforms.
    I don't mind exclusives personally. Its why ill be buying a XboxOne "For the Halo collection" but when its a exclusive of a direct sequal to a multiplatform title thats just bullshit. Even more so if its a reboot.

Like how many people would be pissed of Halo 5 came to Ps4 or PC and no other platform.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    well that is a shame. I really enjoyed the reboot. I guess I won't be getting this then.

Didn't the say that the reboot didn't sell as much as they hoped? Making it exclusive to the Xbox will surely make it sell better.
    Tomb Raider reboot did not see a profit until the Ps4/XboxOne version came out.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

I has a sad

It's an odd choice. Considering the first one did well, but not quite as well as Square was hoping in sales, going exclusive with a smaller install base seems like a dumb move. The game is going to make less money in sales as a result of this. Microsoft must have waved a HELL of a lot of money to help support the game.

The letter from the developers about the decision was a bit insulting, saying how Microsoft has always supported Tomb Raider. Except...it's always been supported on every Sony console throughout the life of the IP. :/

Oh well, I don't see this as a "system seller" for the lagging XB1 sales, but grats on getting what will probably be a fantastic game. I'll just stay here with my sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    I has a sad

It's an odd choice. Considering the first one did well, but not quite as well as Square was hoping in sales, going exclusive with a smaller install base seems like a dumb move. The game is going to make less money in sales as a result of this. Microsoft must have waved a HELL of a lot of money to help support the game.

The letter from the developers about the decision was a bit insulting, saying how Microsoft has always supported Tomb Raider. Except...it's always been supported on every Sony console throughout the life of the IP. :/

Oh well, I don't see this as a "system seller" for the lagging XB1 sales, but grats on getting what will probably be a fantastic game. I'll just stay here with my sad.
    Agreed.

I don't mind exclusives going multiplatform like how Kingdom Hearts 3 is. But if a title/series is multiplatform first making it exclusive is just a dick move. I plan on getting a XboxOne for a few titles but Tomb Raider is not on that list now. Microsoft had to have waved a LOT of money to get this even more so when there is a bigger PC and Ps4 install base.

This is one of those rare moments I wish I knew the amount they paided for it. XboxOne is lacking in AAA exclusives but even still this is a major dick move by Square Enix/Microsoft.

I'm not surprised to see them doing something like this and whilst I'm a little annoyed that I likely won't get to play the game it's not enough to justify buying an Xbox.

Deleted
    hope this is just trolling
    if not...

Quote Originally Posted by Keyboard Champion View Post
    Who here has NEVER played a Tomb Raider game?

*raises hand*
    A table for one is it sir?

OT: This is really quite bad. I could understand if it'd been a Microsoft/Xbox exclusive previously, but the series is already multi-plat and continuing to be (as far as we're aware) so I can't even fathom how much money Microsoft had to load up their bribe cannon with to get this. Hell, Tomb Raider started life as a PC + PS1 game.

It's a fairly decent blow to Sony, but I don't approve of it at all, even from a marketing point of view. It just makes Microsoft look bad and desperate. If this doesn't come out on PC, guess I won't be playing it.

Microsoft must be desperate for people to buy that crap shack they try to pass off as a console. I was hoping we'd get it on the PC, not amused.

Quote Originally Posted by bazyk View Post
    hope this is just trolling
    if not...
    Nope isn't trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by Toralin View Post
    http://mouseandkey.com/rise-of-the-t...box-exclusive/

So apparently the next tomb raider is an xbox exclusive? Looking at xbox's track record, most exclusives come to PC anyway. I honestly can't see them denying us this game as it's even better on PC than it is on xbox.
    Too bad Microsoft is still in denial and keeps to its stance that games do belong on console platforms and not their precious Windows. Not that I was particularly interested in Tomb Raider, the newer games are only shadows of the franchise's former glory I wouldn't spend a dollar on them; but someone needs a nice kick in the teeth to come to their senses again.
    Your rights as a consumer begin and end at the point where you choose not to consume, and not where you yourself influence the consumed goods.

Translation: if you don't like a game don't play it.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinzai View Post
    A table for one is it sir?

OT: This is really quite bad. I could understand if it'd been a Microsoft/Xbox exclusive previously, but the series is already multi-plat and continuing to be (as far as we're aware) so I can't even fathom how much money Microsoft had to load up their bribe cannon with to get this. It's a fairly decent blow to Sony, but I don't approve of it at all, even from a marketing point of view.

It just makes Microsoft look bad and desperate. If this doesn't come out on PC, guess I won't be playing it.
    The series has been multiplatform since I do believe the Ps2/Gamecube/Xbox era.

If not It has been since last gen. Hell it was even on PC/Ps1 back in the day so really its always been multiplatform.