Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Noah37 View Post
    Knowing Microsoft lately, I would at least expect the game to come to PC, but it could be an all around timed Exclusive and come to PS4 as well. People are acting so entitled over this announcement. The game doesn't come out for likely 13 or 14 months so you have a really long time to save up money for a console that could be as low as $350-300 by that point. If you do not have a console but want to play a game on that console, you buy the console. Too many people are just acting childish.
    Has nothing to do with people acting entitled and people like you need to learn how to use the word "entitled" right.

This is a series that has always been multiplatform since the Ps1 era. The original came out for Ps1 and shortly after PC. It is a dick move to take a direct sequal to a game and make it exclusive. Why the fuck would anyone spend $400 just for one game? Then CD's answer is the other tomb raider game...come the fuck on really.

I'm not going to buy a system just for one game series it won't happen. I am interested in the halo collection and gears of war but thats still not enough "Yet" to get a XboxOne. But here is the thing both of those series have been exclusive to the Xbox brand since there release unless you count Gears 1 for PC that came at a WAY later date and Halo CE/Halo 2 for PC. Those also once again came at a way later date.

I am interested in sunset overdrive and its a new series that is exclusive. Tomb Raid is NOT a new series that is exclusive. Its a series that was multiplatform that went exclusive because Microsoft waved money in SE's face. EA openly admitted they wish they didn't make Titanfall console exclusive to XboxOne. What in the hell dose SE think will happen with tomb raider.

There is around 6 million XboxOnes sold and I bet only around 2 million buy TR. How is that a smart move.

Once again this has nothing to do with being entitled and has a lot to do with 2 companys being major dicks to there fanbase.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    So Microsoft admits they can't compete with the PS4 on their own merits and have begun trying to squeeze games out from under Sony?

Yeah...

Fuck Microsoft and their one game wonder company. And while I'm at it, fuck Square Enix too. I'm done with both of them now. (And I used to be an XBox fanboy)

Simply amazing. PS4 outsold XBone for the last Tomb Raider. It ran far better on the PS4. Hey, I know. Let's make it an exclusive on the lesser console! /facepalm

I guess even Microsoft knows that Halo isn't enough to sell their crap system this time around.

Deleted
    brace yourself: next gen tomb raider with super duper HD "720p" and locked to 30 FPS is coming

>.>

kill me

on PC it would be already 4K by XMAS 2015...

Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Wonder when I'll get my pc pre order back :S
    Should be able to now. There is people who pre-ordered it for Ps4 as well and they should all be able to recieve a refund now. Just contact whoever you got it with "I'm guessing steam" and you will be refunded.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Deleted
    It is a timed exclusive anyway. I am here at gamescom and I talked to Crystal Dynamics. Official word is "exclusive on Xbox holiday 2015", but don't be fooled guys.
    She didn't want to tell me to which other platforms it is coming or how long the exclusivity deal lasts, but I expect it to be on PS4 and PC atleast. Probably 6 monthers to 1 year after the Xbox release.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Should be able to now. There is people who pre-ordered it for Ps4 as well and they should all be able to recieve a refund now. Just contact whoever you got it with "I'm guessing steam" and you will be refunded.
    Can't wait to hear about the...very angry letters from retailers toward Microsoft. Hopefully some lawsuits will happen as well for deceiving a bussiness partner.

Quote Originally Posted by GoldenEnergy View Post
    It is a timed exclusive anyway. I am here at gamescom and I talked to Crystal Dynamics. Official word is "exclusive on Xbox holiday 2015", but don't be fooled guys.
    She didn't want to tell me to which other platforms it is coming or how long the exclusivity deal lasts, but I expect it to be on PS4 and PC atleast. Probably 6 monthers to 1 year after the Xbox release.
    Still not buying it if thats the case. If I do at some point own it its a used copy since I do not support this shit.

Thats one of the reasons I like consoles. If I don't support ur BS but yet still want to check out the game I can buy it used. On PC I can just wait for it to be like $2.

Long live gaming lol.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Keyboard Champion View Post
    Can't wait to hear about the...very angry letters from retailers toward Microsoft. Hopefully some lawsuits will happen as well for deceiving a bussiness partner.
    Sadly this has no legal grounds.

Its a pre-order based off of a early annoucement. Things are subject to change at anytime when it comes to these annoucements there is no legel ground anyone trying to stand sue them can stand on.

Deleted
    So it's confirmed. Microsoft really is the devil.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Disenchanted View Post
    So Microsoft admits they can't compete with the PS4 on their own merits and have begun trying to squeeze games out from under Sony?

Yeah...

Fuck Microsoft and their one game wonder company. And while I'm at it, fuck Square Enix too. I'm done with both of them now. (And I used to be an XBox fanboy)

Simply amazing. PS4 outsold XBone for the last Tomb Raider. It ran far better on the PS4. Hey, I know. Let's make it an exclusive on the lesser console! /facepalm

I guess even Microsoft knows that Halo isn't enough to sell their crap system this time around.

So mad. So butthurt. So elitist. So childish.

Well I have an xbone so I suppose I shouldn't care but still it's hilarious. I actually thought the last tomb raider was a decent restart for the franchise and now this ?
    Worst part of the announcement though was the mentioning of that terribad mobile game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Selindrile View Post
    So mad. So butthurt. So elitist. So childish.
    Yes, this response is indeed that.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have both systems, just so I can play exclusives, but there is no way I am buying this.
    You have exclusives that are made in house.
    You have exclusives, like the recent Sunset Overdrive, where the developer gets to keep control of their product, so staying on one system makes sense.
    You have exclusives, like Bayonetta 2 and Titanfall, where one of the big companies helps fund the game which would have never been made otherwise.
    With all of these I have no problem buying the game and is the reason I own all the major systems.
    Then you have crap like this where one company pays to keep the game off other systems. This is complete anti-consumer shit. This is not helping the gamer. This is not creating exciting content for your fans. This is not making me want to support your company by hiring the most talented artist in the industry and giving them a chance to wow me. This is 100% complete mafia bullshit of taking out all competition and leaving me one single choice.

Taken from reddit, to sum up some feelings.

Quote Originally Posted by cFortyfive View Post
    Well I have an xbone so I suppose I shouldn't care but still it's hilarious. I actually thought the last tomb raider was a decent restart for the franchise and now this ?
    Worst part of the announcement though was the mentioning of that terribad mobile game.
    What mobile game? I didn't hear about it and ya I loved the Tomb Raider reboot.

I though it was overall a great game.

Good job SquareEnix. The last Tomb Raider somehow didn't sell enough copies, so your responce is to make a sequel then restrict its sale to a single system! I'm sure that won't backfire!

/facepalm

SquareEnix... Why...? Can you not do anything right?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by scvd View Post
    Then you have crap like this where one company pays to keep the game off other systems. This is complete anti-consumer shit. This is not helping the gamer. This is not creating exciting content for your fans. This is not making me want to support your company by hiring the most talented artist in the industry and giving them a chance to wow me. This is 100% complete mafia bullshit of taking out all competition and leaving me one single choice.

Very well put.

Only fanboys can't see this for what it really is.

I have both systems, just so I can play exclusives, but there is no way I am buying this.
    You have exclusives, like the recent Sunset Overdrive, where the developer gets to keep control of their product, so staying on one system makes sense.
    You have exclusives, like Bayonetta 2 and Titanfall, where one of the big companies helps fund the game which would have never been made otherwise.
    With all of these I have no problem buying the game and is the reason I own all the major systems.

This x10. Exclusive's are not a bad thing if they are what u listed above.

10+ Year Old Account
    Think I'll do what I haven't done for about 15 years and pirate the game if it comes out for PC or worse, I'll watch a lets play.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    What mobile game? I didn't hear about it and ya I loved the Tomb Raider reboot.

I though it was overall a great game.
    That temple of the Osiris crap that's on steam for pre purchase. I don't know if it's actually an mobile title but it looks really bad just like Guardian of Light. I mean it was fun but still it doesn't seem comparable.
    This doesn’t mean that we’re walking away from our fans who only play on PlayStation or on PC. Those are great systems, with great partners, and amazing communities. We have Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris coming to those platforms this December, and Tomb Raider: The Definitive Edition is available on PS4.

10+ Year Old Account

Definitely a +1 for this post, even though I personally hate exclusives, I totally get and accept them as part of the business, but this is something else.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinzai View Post
    Crystal Dynamics on the subject:

Don't have a Xbox 1? Here, have Temple of Osiris, it's the hardcore Tomb Raider sequel you've been waiting for! - The actual fuck?
    Wow. That's just awful PR. Telling us we can buy an IoS game instead.