[WOD] PvP and Parry

I was doing some beta testing with my WW Monk and have noticed that I am getting parried quite often (especially against plate classes).

Has there been any note of this anywhere or is my Monk doomed to be in parry purgatory?

They had claimed you'd be getting 12% exp baseline but it didn't happen for unknown reasons so you are facing classes full avoidance on beta. I know that we have no exp because even casters have dodged me with their 3% dodge.

Quote Originally Posted by wow View Post
    They had claimed you'd be getting 12% exp baseline but it didn't happen for unknown reasons so you are facing classes full avoidance on beta. I know that we have no exp because even casters have dodged me with their 3% dodge.
    That's a bit unsettling.

Quote Originally Posted by Laptop View Post
    I was doing some beta testing with my WW Monk and have noticed that I am getting parried quite often (especially against plate classes).

Has there been any note of this anywhere or is my Monk doomed to be in parry purgatory?
    It's okay because those same plates are having you dodge everything. Avoidance is why playing Melee vs Melee is awful, it always has been.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt0193 View Post
    It's okay because those same plates are having you dodge everything. Avoidance is why playing Melee vs Melee is awful, it always has been.
    No mop changes caused this, in the past only rogues and feral had high avoidance. And they had it because of low armor, now plate has more avoidance and more dmg reduction....

Quote Originally Posted by wow View Post
    No mop changes caused this, in the past only rogues and feral had high avoidance. And they had it because of low armor, now plate has more avoidance and more dmg reduction....
    Ofc, but as I've typically mained a Plate (DK in Wrath, Ret in Cata and Ret/Arms in MoP) it'll be a bias observation since I'd notice more avoidance than say say a rogue would would open with stuns and see less avoided hits in general. I'd also make a point that Armor doesn't really hold as much water as it used to with the myriad of ArP effects (CS/Tiger Power/Find Weakness and most of WotLK), raw magic damage output (Ret Burst/Enhance Burst/DK Split Pressure and Burst from Garry) or Bleeds (Feral/Rogue).

But really, on the whole Melee vs Melee has never been fun. Dodging/Parrying spells happened in BC (I can remember seeing games decided on a dodged/parried KS), MoP just made it so Plate was as annoying to fight as Leather users.

(CS/Tiger Power/Find Weakness and most of WotLK), or Bleeds (Rogue).
    Since none of those are 100% more armor means more dmg reduction. Also lol @ rogue bleed dmg.

Even with CS/Find Weakness up you easy notice the difference in hitting plate and leather. Leather is where you see your biggest numbers cloth classes get things like soul link, glyph'd molten armor, shadow form, focus will, inner fire.

But really, on the whole Melee vs Melee has never been fun. Dodging/Parrying spells happened in BC (I can remember seeing games decided on a dodged/parried KS)
    It happened but it was only a 5% chance much much less annoying.
    Last edited by Wow; 2014-08-12 at 11:37 PM.

If 18% is supposed to be implemented, send it in as a bug report on the beta. Removing expertise and keeping this terrible mechanic is just bad design, just like spell penetration was.