Silent Hills...?

http://www.joystiq.com/2014/08/12/re...-hills-from-k/

Hideo Kojima making a game with Guillermo del Toro starring Norman Reedus set in Silent Hill(maybe)?!

HNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!

This might turn out awful but you bet your ass I'm going to play it.

Deleted
    Silent Hills?

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    the ol silent hill franchise were always a good mindf^ck.

Silent Hills implies to me a desire to dump the Silent Hill brand name as it currently stands. I approve of this, as it's become a garbage tip of mediocrity. If this captures even an ounce of what made Silent Hill 1-3 so good, it'll be better than anything release under the name in a long time.

I couldn't stand watching Norman Reedus in The Walking Dead due to how overrated he is. I might give this game a proper look when its released, though - assuming it can capture the same sort of atmosphere that made the original Silent Hill games so intriguing and terrifying.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    Hnnnnggggg.
    Further to this, I think the combination shows potential to make an amazing gaming experience.

I loved the Eraser Head nod in one of the scenes. If they can keep up with that level of creepy/upsetting, this might end up being the best Silent Hill yet (yeah, I went there!).

Del Toro's name can speak for itself, but I'm not as familiar with Kojima, having only played a tiny bit of MGS. He's known for being weird, yes? I hope he has a hand in monster creation, MGS bosses are fairly infamous.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its either clever way of saying Silent Hill 5 (I know downpour was advertised as silent hill 5), it will involve multiple silent hills like the movies or its just something cool to say. But it does peak my interest. If you say its just a fan game well the homecoming and downpour games where more based off of the movie and not the game series and. The Room is kind of iffy, it was suppose to be another game entirely but some how got silent hill attached to it. Also from The Room and beyond where made in america. My biggest problem with Del Toro is he likes to start off scary then give you a reason to feel bad for the monster.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    I think the combination shows potential to make an amazing gaming experience.
    I just hope they dont trump up Reedus to something hes not going to be, like if he dies at some point in the game and you take over as someone else.
    Last edited by Nuvuk; 2014-08-13 at 03:02 AM.

Should be cool ^_^,That 3D Model looks so much like Norman Reedus so cool.

Thanks Fox Engine
    Part of WeWantMetalArms2

Deleted
    lol Kojima trolled us again. Another game from "unknown new studio" (just like the Phantom Pain),
    P.T (playable teaser) wasn't yesterday on europen PSN, but I've seen livestream of it, and it's scary as hell.

Only thing that worries me is that S at the end, I would love if this was straight Silent Hill game by Kojima and del Toro, but I think it's only an invitation saying -"yeah we would love to make new Silent Hill game, please give us the rights to it"

Deleted
    I lost faith in Kojima many many years ago. He tried too hard to make cinematic games that try to make statements about society, instead of making a game that i feel like i want to play.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    HNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!
    my thoughts exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by nemro82 View Post
    (...)
    Only thing that worries me is that S at the end, I would love if this was straight Silent Hill game by Kojima and del Toro, but I think it's only an invitation saying -"yeah we would love to make new Silent Hill game, please give us the rights to it"
    for what I see and think that "S" comes from Silent it's like "silenthillsilenthillsilenthills..."
    when reedus comes out the "setting" looks just like the first silent hill, i just got that vibe, and my GF said the house was very like the house on the first SH, she saw the "teaser" and said -someone made a SH remake?.-

Kojima have a lot of ppl (myself included) eating from the tip of his penis right now, and it seems we like it.
    Last edited by shimargh; 2014-08-13 at 02:51 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaexion View Post
    The loss of the ability to pass on loot is the loss of the ability to choose. This is communism
    Quote Originally Posted by Torched View Post
    A year from now someone on these forums is gonna say that the (wod) launch went smoothly..... I am gonna remind that asshole of this launch, this shit is not going smoothly at all.