Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Tales of Xillia 2

Tales of Xillia 2 is coming August 19th in the US and August 22nd in the EU on the Playstation 3!

Those who have NOT played the first game, it's highly recommended you do! This is a direct sequel to the first game, Tales of Xillia.

Here is a *SPOILER* Link with a video to help you get caught up with the first game if you don't want to play through it

http://kotaku.com/catch-up-on-tales-...uel-1621830294

From Wikipedia: "The game takes place a year after Tales of Xillia. Under orders from her father to find the mystical Land of Canaan, Elle Mel Marta boards a train which is hijacked before its departure. Ludger Will Kresnik follows her onboard to save her but the train crashes and the resulting medical treatment from Spirius Corporation puts Ludger in debt. Aware of the Kresnik family's ability to destroy alternate timelines, Spirius hires Ludger for this purpose since the spirit Origin can no longer sustain the abundance of souls in the worlds. At the same time, Ludger searches for his brother, Julius Will Kresnik, who has been framed as the culprit behind the train hijacking. Meanwhile, Jude, Milla and all the heroes from the previous game move on with their own lifes, eventually crossing paths with Ludger and assisting with his quest."

Source

E3 2014 Trailer

Pocket Watch Trailer

Here's some clips of the battles in ToX2!
    Last edited by Yuuki Asuna; 2014-08-19 at 01:27 PM. Reason: Added a video to help those get caught up with the first game.
    I cried alone every single night. It felt like every day that passed here stole another piece of my real life away. After i cried, I’d go and fight as hard as I could. My only thought was winning, moving forward, and getting stronger. — Asuna Yuuki

I've been trying to complete the first game all week so I can play this the day it comes in the mail lol

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Already have it pre-ordered, though I am reminded of the fact I never did go through the first game as Jude.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cattleya View Post
    Already have it pre-ordered, though I am reminded of the fact I never did go through the first game as Jude.
    I'm actually reminded I haven't completed it as Milla
    I cried alone every single night. It felt like every day that passed here stole another piece of my real life away. After i cried, I’d go and fight as hard as I could. My only thought was winning, moving forward, and getting stronger. — Asuna Yuuki

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's been on my to-play list for ages! So glad it's finally coming out, and is the only reason I borrowed my friend's PS3 (lucky for me he doesn't play RPGs and he's bored with the current games so I have a couple of months to mess around with this).

Didn't play the first game since I don't actually own a PS3 myself but will be catching with the story via youtube before I play. Heard they fixed the flaws from the first game up, and have played and enjoyed other Tales games before from the PS1 and 2 eras so I know I'm in for at least 100 hours of fuuuuuuun.

10+ Year Old Account
    By Lieutenant Colonel Whiskers McBallofur Maximilliamus the Third
    Got it pre-ordered and plan on getting it day 1 also bought a psn card for the dlc as soon as it hits
    “Snow can only live in the winter. When it nears a fire, it dies. That is its life. It may yearn for summer, but… it can only desire it. In my hand, the snow becomes water, because this is not its world….”
    “The boundless Heavens and Earth are the final resting place of all living things. Life is like a journey, filled with various scenery, various paths.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mavecryst View Post
    It's been on my to-play list for ages! So glad it's finally coming out, and is the only reason I borrowed my friend's PS3 (lucky for me he doesn't play RPGs and he's bored with the current games so I have a couple of months to mess around with this).

Didn't play the first game since I don't actually own a PS3 myself but will be catching with the story via youtube before I play. Heard they fixed the flaws from the first game up, and have played and enjoyed other Tales games before from the PS1 and 2 eras so I know I'm in for at least 100 hours of fuuuuuuun.
    I've been a fan since Phantasia on the SNES. Since it was Japanese only, I almost cried! Soooo happy that the series is becoming more popular here in the west! Was my dream for this series since the late 90's!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hellravager View Post
    Got it pre-ordered and plan on getting it day 1 also bought a psn card for the dlc as soon as it hits
    I always get all the DLC as well Excited to see what they bring to the tables!

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yuuki Asuna View Post
    I've been a fan since Phantasia on the SNES. Since it was Japanese only, I almost cried! Soooo happy that the series is becoming more popular here in the west! Was my dream for this series since the late 90's!
    I didn't start quite that far back, I think my first Tales was Destiny, and to be perfectly honest, did not find it particularly memorable since I was eating up JRPGs left and right at that time (since I was still in school, and barely a teenager so tons of time!). I did like Tales of Destiny 2 a lot more at the time though, and since then, I kept track of the series though I haven't played every entry.

What I really like about the series is that for me at least, every generation yields some grand improvements and I'm hardly disappointed. Abyss was great, and Vesperia... Vesperia gave me a crazy amount of hours considering it's a single player game and I was already working by then. Think I spent like 200 odd hours on that, which is rare because I don't normally stay interested that long on one playthrough.

Hopefully Xillia 2 will be like that as well The only thing I feel iffy about is what I'm reading about the MC's special ability (very OP and all), but then again, I don't have to use it or even use him in battle if I don't like it, so not much of an issue.

10+ Year Old Account
    I didn't start quite that far back, I think my first Tales was Destiny, and to be perfectly honest, did not find it particularly memorable since I was eating up JRPGs left and right at that time (since I was still in school, and barely a teenager so tons of time!). I did like Tales of Destiny 2 a lot more at the time though, and since then, I kept track of the series though I haven't played every entry.

What I really like about the series is that for me at least, every generation yields some grand improvements and I'm hardly disappointed. Abyss was great, and Vesperia... Vesperia gave me a crazy amount of hours considering it's a single player game and I was already working by then. Think I spent like 200 odd hours on that, which is rare because I don't normally stay interested that long on one playthrough.

Hopefully Xillia 2 will be like that as well The only thing I feel iffy about is what I'm reading about the MC's special ability (very OP and all), but then again, I don't have to use it or even use him in battle if I don't like it, so not much of an issue.
    Yuri was awesome XD by far my favorite tales character
    “Snow can only live in the winter. When it nears a fire, it dies. That is its life. It may yearn for summer, but… it can only desire it. In my hand, the snow becomes water, because this is not its world….”
    “The boundless Heavens and Earth are the final resting place of all living things. Life is like a journey, filled with various scenery, various paths.

I wanted Xillia 2 so badly, but I have so many games already on pre-order, so I'm going to either have to borrow it from a friend or wait til Christmas sadly.

Tales of Xillia went from $59.99-> $15 on sale in less then a year. I will wait to play it as I am backlogged to hell with rpgs atm.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Haha yeah he's pretty cool! Plus the rest of the group he gathered around himself was great as well, definitely my favourite Tales cast.

10+ Year Old Account

Yeah, that's what I heard as well! I'm still really excited! I'm getting more excited to the fact that we get Tales of Zestiria the same time as Japan and that game looks really awesome so far! Big reason I'm still holding onto my PS3

- - - Updated - - -

Yuri is actually one of my favorite Tales characters too! His attitude and willingness to help others was what got me hooked in Vesperia

10+ Year Old Account
    He also is willing to kill as long as he can protect who he cares about

I bought the first one day one and I loved it. I'm on the fence for this one as I've already spent way too much on games this year...and I still gotta finish my Jude playthrough.

Tales of Xillia went from $59.99-> $15 on sale in less then a year. I will wait to play it as I am backlogged to hell with rpgs atm.
    Even without a sale it went down to 40$ within a few months. It's also the very reason I'm on the fence about when I still got my Vita/3DS backlog. I'll probably still get it day one though...incredibly hard to resist a game like this. I just wish North America got that limited edition.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aruhen View Post
    I bought the first one day one and I loved it. I'm on the fence for this one as I've already spent way too much on games this year...and I still gotta finish my Jude playthrough.

Even without a sale it went down to 40$ within a few months. It's also the very reason I'm on the fence about when I still got my Vita/3DS backlog. I'll probably still get it day one though...incredibly hard to resist a game like this. I just wish North America got that limited edition.
    Yeah I actually imagined the first game would becoming cheaper closer to ToX2's release

I just got Tales of Symphonia Chronicles in the mail today! Will be playing this until Tuesday comes around

I really want to start getting into this series, but I for whatever reason can't bring myself to do so simply because it is on the PS3, which I'm currently holding in storage. I would much prefer to play this on my Vita/PS4 or at least have it available on PS Now so that I can still play it on my PS4. Oh well, I guess I just need to suck it up and find some space for it in my overly cramped room.

10+ Year Old Account
    I really really really didn't like Jude. Is he going to play a large part in this game I wonder? I couldn't finish Tales of Xillia sadly (the first Tales game I put down) but this main character looks pretty cool. I'm torn on whether to try it or not >< Will wait for reviews.

10+ Year Old Account
    I dont care for reviews whoever reviews it will obviously be a biased cod fan that knows nothing so screw em anyway its a tales game cant suck anymore then dawn of a new world did