Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr Storm View Post
    Sorry, not to be rude, but what the fuck are you going on about? I own two Xbox Ones, one for me and one for the wife (one is a Day One edition, and the other is a kinectless one) and we have had zero issues with the disc trays. I'm sorry if you got a defective one, but that will happen with ANYTHING you buy. I believe the PS4, especially the early ones, had several hardware issues as well. Stop acting like your experience represents every console out there.
    That works both ways though.

It's generally good advice to, if you're not the early adopter type, wait for a hardware revision on consoles because the launch consoles do tend to have issues that are corrected later with new hardware.

Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    That works both ways though.

It's generally good advice to, if you're not the early adopter type, wait for a hardware revision on consoles because the launch consoles do tend to have issues that are corrected later with new hardware.
    I think (and hope) that this will be the gen that MS and Sony actually took the time to put the right hardware in the first time. Probably won't be, but a guy can dream right? :P

10+ Year Old Account
    I hoped to avoid consoles for nearly all of this generation but the latest TR controversy has driven me to get a ps4. It was always unlikely I wouldget an xbox after the poor start and PR but the thought of supporting something that Don Mattrick has been a part of makes me feel ill. I am fast becoming a fanboy, which makes me sad.

Edit: Wrong Info.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I went from 360 to PS4. I've played my friends Xbox 1 and I prefer my PS4. VERY quiet, from about 7 feet away I cannot hear the PS4 on. I've sometimes left it on accidentally and hadn't noticed because it is so quiet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wii U is good.

Deleted
    The CD don't circulate inside the PS4, it's scannet from inside. So it doesn't do that scratchy noise the PS3 would.
    And so far, I'm more than happy with my PS4.

Don't know about xbox though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dKrunz View Post
    The CD don't circulate inside the PS4, it's scannet from inside. So it doesn't do that scratchy noise the PS3 would.
    And so far, I'm more than happy with my PS4.

Don't know about xbox though.
    You'll need to provide a source for this. All optical drives are read via a laser to the engraved etches on the disc which since being a disc, requires it to spin in order to read, unlike a flash type drive.

Quote Originally Posted by VeganHunter View Post
    but my PS3 finally seems to be on its last legs.

I am not a fan boy. I am not locked into Sony or MSFT, though if Sony was backwards compatible, I would go Sony.

Here is how I might make my decision..... which one is quieter?
    My PS3 would be reasonably quiet for the first 20 minutes of a DVD, but got much louder as it was on longer. That was always true for me; it wasn't a new development.

This will MOSTLY be used for watching movies..... some games, but not that many. I don't care about any kind of social aspect other than POSSIBLY who has better online gaming...... and I might not even care about that.

Which way to go? And please, I am not looking for fanboy opinions, but level headed opinions based on how I want to use it.
    I am literally like 18inches away from my PS4 and i have never heard it. I have played or watched shows on it for at least 5+ hours without hearing anything. Also I noticed you said some games, so get Destiny (when it comes out) and you will be playing on it a lot more.