Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by The Kao View Post
    Being German (and BTW taking no offense in this, I love it; shows clearly that you US guys still think we live in the 1960s here ) I personally think that "Franzok" is more directed at French people to be true. Sure Franz is a German name, but we have some rather insensitive terms here for our neighbors and "Franzok" comes pretty close.
    Ne das ist schon ganz klar der SNL Sketch der in USA sehr bekannt ist (siehe weiter oben) den Blizz hier persifliert. Deutsche Schmähworte für Franzosen kennt Blizz wohl eher nicht und würde sie auch so nicht kopieren.
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Bad troll is bad, You're getting worse Sorzzara, And I didn't think that was possible

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kryos View Post
    Ne das ist schon ganz klar der SNL Sketch der in USA sehr bekannt ist (siehe weiter oben) den Blizz hier persifliert. Deutsche Schmähworte für Franzosen kennt Blizz wohl eher nicht und würde sie auch so nicht kopieren.
    Und den Deutschen würde es natürlich total gefallen sich so zu sehen, denn natürlich kann dort keiner akzentfrei Englisch, hab ich recht? ^^ Nochmal, mein Punkt ist nicht dass es beleidigend IST...aber der eine oder andere wird sich daran reiben, und es wird Diskussionen entfachen. Und ich frag mich einfach ob es das wert ist, nur um einen halblustigen Joke einzubauen.

Quote Originally Posted by Gobra View Post
    Bad troll is bad, You're getting worse Sorzzara, And I didn't think that was possible
    And personal insults, which is what you are doing here, is against the forum policy (Which I think you should read up on). Btw. who are you again?

Quote Originally Posted by Kryos View Post
    he corrected the guy about that french stuff. and he is right. nobody will associate Franz with French people.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorzzara View Post
    Und den Deutschen würde es natürlich total gefallen sich so zu sehen, denn natürlich kann dort keiner akzentfrei Englisch, hab ich recht? ^^ Nochmal, mein Punkt ist nicht dass es beleidigend IST...aber der eine oder andere wird sich daran reiben, und es wird Diskussionen entfachen. Und ich frag mich einfach ob es das wert ist, nur um einen halblustigen Joke einzubauen.
    keep it in english pls. i rather dislike it when im playing w eu ppl who speak russian, french, polish etc.
    und auf der deutsch werden die eh ganz anders heissen. Helgesch Neider heisst ja auch auf englisch anders.
    Last edited by Lothar; 2014-08-13 at 09:53 AM.

Blizz basically just spent an entire expansion insulting a good third of the worlds population, by letting a team of artists who grew up in America and Europe reinvent their comic book version of asian culture,
    That's all I could read.

Seriously, get over it. People like you are the first to claim the 'Asian theme' is what turned you off the game and yet are accusing Blizzard of being insulting to China? Seriously?

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not a reference to german people. It's a reference to an SNL skit lol.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Elmow View Post
    Have you never heard the accents from the bosses in Scarlet Halls? And yeah i think you integrated well, since Germans have no humor.
    dude what the hell, hope you dont mean this serious, else you are just a stupid biased person. (but i'm afraid you are a little bit right, just look at the gaucho dance drama ~.~)

to op: I laughed as i've seen the names. It's only names wie are talking about, no reason to get mad about that. If you think they depict us as what we are, than we should take it as a compliment. they are big iron horde orcs. I would be happy if i was an orc.

get the stick out of your butt dude..

Quote Originally Posted by Lothar View Post

keep it in english pls. i rather dislike it when im playing w eu ppl who speak russian, french, polish etc.
    Then... don't play with EU people ? Just stick to your server ? I'll never understand those kind of moronic comments.

Homophobia is so gay.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilir View Post
    Then... don't play with EU people ? Just stick to your server ? I'll never understand those kind of moronic comments.
    there are games on the internet where you have no possibility to avoid russians/french/polish etc people.

So many people out there looking to be a victim. Yeesh.

Stop it. Just stop. Blizz didn't set out to make fun of Asian culture with Pandaria and they're not making fun of you Germans with Hanz and Franz here.

It's actually a joke about a joke about Arnold Schwartznegger. The SNL skit everyone is referring to (in case you don't click links or watch videos) features two obviously fake musclemen with thick Austrian accents in an exercise show. Here's a bit from one of their skits:

http://snltranscripts.jt.org/88/88ghansfranz.phtml

Announcer: Good evening. And welcome again to "Pumping Up With Hans & Franz", the informative training program for the serious weightlifter.

Franz: Hello! We're back!

Hans: I am Hans.

Franz: And I am Franz.

Together: And we just want to.. [ clap ] Pump.. you up!

Hans: Alright. But before we can pump you up tonight, we have to answer a piece of viewer mail.

Franz: Ya. Ya. This is a letter we received from a Bill Tompkins. I'll only read an excerpt, so I don't go into his loser details. "Dear Hans & Franz: I have recently seen your.. mo-.. mo-"

Hans: Moronic.

Franz: "..Your moronic show, and have wondered why you don't open your own gym. Maybe you are too stupid." [ crumples letter ] You know, maybe you thought this letter would make us angry; but it only makes us sad.

Hans: Really, ya. We are sad, you know, because anyone who calls us "stupid" is really just jealous. Because their girlfriend looks at us, then looks at him, and realzies she's cuddling up with a little girly-man!

Franz: Ya. Ya, girly-man. Hear me now and believe me later - but don't think about it ever, because, if you try to think, you might cause a flabulance!

Wow, you have to resort to racist slurs, because you can't argue? That says a lot about you as a person.

No my friend, I have no problem with that personally. But this game lives of the fact that it has an audience. Since I would like WoW to continue in the near-mid future, I don't see how lame naming-jokes on the mental level of an 8-year-old, which could be insulting to a large part of that audience help this goal.
    >continues to spew nonsense
    >continues to say any form of reason is wrong
    >heavily implies you to just be stirring trouble for no reason

Nothing to see here, folks.

Don't humor her.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilir View Post
    I think what he means is that when you are on a EU-Eng realm then ppl should damn well speak English in general and trade.

Deleted
    Oh man I hope the people feeling offended by this will immediately stop playing the game so I won't have to deal with them.

Also, people gave enough context for everyone to understand what they're poking fun at. Even if it was your culture - get over it.

10+ Year Old Account
    So, OGRES?

Here are my conditions: Finally give us playable Ogres and I'll roll a Fritz'Dhuuk in a second.

Also: I'd like the Kaiserreich-Tauren from the Gladiators: GO FOR ZE DOOR!

I swear people just find things to get insulted by on the internet to cause a scene so they get the attention they desire.
    OP if you want the attention you deserve phone your local mental health institute because your thread is fucking retarded mate.

As a german I don't feel offended at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

German here, why would you give a fuck?

I'll believe you when these bosses start killing goblins all over the place.