Reshuffling Professions: 3 90s - 1 85/80?

Hello all! I would appreciate input from the betas as what is still relevent to now. Right now my professions are like this:

Hunter (my main) lvl 90 - Skinning/Leatherworking (since Cataclysm).
    Druid (rarely play her) lvl 90 - Herbalism/Inscription
    WoD Instant 90 (haven't decided class yet) lvl 90 - Open/Open
    Paladin (different server thinking of transferring) lvl 85 - Inscription/Jewelcrafting
    Rogue (made for farming lockboxes for ravenholdt) lvl 80 - Mining/Herbalism

I very rarely play any characters besides my main, my hunter. I am in absolute love with my hunter. I'm considering changing up my professions by dropping leatherworking and going double gatherer. I hardly used leatherworking for anything. Would this be a mistake to drop it to go double gatherer?

I am on a lower populated realm. I made a scribe (my druid) because someone is controlling the AH for all Scribe things and Glyphs cost 300g+ right now.

I'm open to any suggestions. But, I think I would love to have the following professions as a definate:
    - Herbalism
    - Mining
    - Enchanting
    - Skinning

Any suggestions you guys have on this? And what have been your experience with this? I don't mind the cost to level professions. I did Inscription in one day and gathered every herb myself.
    Hi! I play a hunter. .

10+ Year Old Account
    It would help to know what your goals are. Is it to make more gold? or ...
    ---
    Don't be a victim of IFOWISNAWL!
    Call 800-Calm-The-F-Down, Operators are standing by. Now taking calls on all your Legion worries.

Gold and self-sufficient is my goal. I come across a lot of greens; I think if I was able to Disenchant them I could enchant my gear. Not once during this expansion did I use Leatherworking to create something useful for my character's gears besides fur linings. I made a scribe for shoulder/alt glyphs which broke even now. So woo. I have these extra characters I probably won't play. So, I was just thinking of putting them to use as profession slaves.

So yes. Probably gold more. Since, my guild has nearly every profession I can dream of too, and I have a scribe. And a point I'm thinking of is: Since I play my hunter/main 95% of the time, should he be the one with the gathering professions so he's making at least something while waiting for queues, out questing, grinding, etc?
    Last edited by Ashkir; 2014-08-14 at 02:09 AM.
    Hi! I play a hunter. .