Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Reg View Post
    Why is a belief more valid than disbelief?
    I was thinking more the being defined as a member of a group you by definition define yourself as not a member of.
    "Quack, quack, Mr. Bond."

10+ Year Old Account
    By the way, any Christian thinking that you should be able to get a prayer discount needs to read their Bibles again. According to your text, Jesus said prayer should be done in complete privacy.

Now if this restaurant wants to take 15% of a full check and make a donation to a religious entity, I am perfectly fine with that.

Yes, the same way any religion is.
    LOL! Keep drinking that kool-aid. Athiest isn't a religion...how could it be? Who do you "pray" to? Yourselves? You don't believe in a god.

<Infracted>
    Last edited by Anakso; 2014-08-13 at 02:37 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm glad she took away the discount instead of dug her heels in the dirt and said "GOD!". Imagine the outrage if this store had charged people for praying.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Simulacrum View Post
    I was thinking more the being defined as a member of a group you by definition define yourself as not a member of.
    Except their is an organized "Church of Atheism" if that is something someone wants to pursue. But an atheist that doesn't join it is just as valid as someone who considers themselves a Christian and doesn't go to Church, or a Jewish person who doesn't go to Temple, or a Muslim who doesn't go to a Mosque.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Xires View Post
    LOL! Keep drinking that kool-aid. Athiest isn't a religion...how could it be? Who do you "pray" to? Yourselves? You don't believe in a god.
    At least my Kool-Aid isn't referenced as the blood of a 2000 year old dead man.

<Infracted>
    Last edited by Anakso; 2014-08-13 at 02:18 PM.

Its as much a religious classification as asexual is to an orientation. The absence of such is in itself a determinant.

By the way, any Christian thinking that you should be able to get a prayer discount needs to read their Bibles again. According to your text, Jesus said prayer should be done in complete privacy.

Now if this restaurant wants to take 15% of a full check and make a donation to a religious entity, I am perfectly fine with that.
    So I guess church is a sin then ,huh?

10+ Year Old Account
    So I guess church is a sin then ,huh?
    Technically, yes. Just paraphrasing their own texts.

Deleted
    Atheist isn't a religion but it is treated akin to a religion as far as rights go.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Except their is an organized "Church of Atheism" if that is something someone wants to pursue. But an atheist that doesn't join it is just as valid as someone who considers themselves a Christian and doesn't go to Church, or a Jewish person who doesn't go to Temple, or a Muslim who doesn't go to a Mosque.
    I'd rather have no token group that I belong to. I don't choose to be an atheist, but it's societies' terminilogy for someone who doesn't believe.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Now every expansion, Blizzard releases a new class, or 2 new races into the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nirawen View Post
    Why would someone create malware for a mac? Is there a black market for photo albums of cats and half written novels?

- - - Updated - - -

At least my Kool-Aid isn't referenced as the blood of a 2000 year old dead man.
    Yeah, it isnt referenced to anything. I'd rather believe in something then believe in nothing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, it isnt referenced to anything. I'd rather believe in something then believe in nothing.
    And you deserve 15% off goods and services because you believe you are better than me?

10+ Year Old Account
    Listen to the expert here guys. He clearly understands the meaning of saying grace.

Jabs aside, I see no reason why they can't give discounts to whomever they want. If people don't like it, they don't have to go there.
    Quote Originally Posted by nôrps View Post
    I just think you retards are starting to get ridiculous with your childish language.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Naxere View Post
    Jabs aside, I see no reason why they can't give discounts to whomever they want. If people don't like it, they don't have to go there.
    Except there's a law against it and I'm sure it wasn't advertised that they give discounts to people who pray.

Technically, yes. Just paraphrasing their own texts.
    You're taking that scripture out of context. If you read the one before and after you get the full meaning.
    It means to pray with sincerity, not as some showy display. It in no way says that praying is not allowed in public places.

Here, a couple of months back, a restaurant was ordered not to give food for free to the homeless (that they would otherwise throw away; for example bread they didn't use during a day but was of course still perfectly edible). The reasoning behind the order was that since the restaurant didn't sell that food, they didn't pay tax from that potential profit (VAT basically). So they were basically told to sell the food or throw it in the trash.

Funny how people are ok with this since it is the law but illegal immigrants break the law by crossing illegally and its considered racism to say anything about the matter. Nope, its the law. Gotta love the double standards of society.
    I didn't say I was okay with it, my personal stance is 'undecided'. Laws being enforced is not an oddity, however.

I don't know what you're getting at, brining up illegal immigration and racism. It's not illegal to call somebody a racist.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Naxere View Post
    Listen to the expert here guys. He clearly understands the meaning of saying grace.

Matthew 6:6 "But you, when you pray, go into your inner room, close your door and pray to your Father who is in secret, and your Father who sees what is done in secret will reward you."

Timothy 4:4 calls saying grace a prayer.

Contradictory texts say what?

And you deserve 15% off goods and services because you believe you are better than me?
    Never said they were "better" but if someone chooses to reward someone for showing a little love for something they believe in then why should anyone else care? Seniors get discounts, women get discounts (ladies night out), military gets discounts, why shouldn't someone who wants to show a little faith not get a discount? Its not like you are paying more then the full value if you aren't.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid View Post
    You're taking that scripture out of context. If you read the one before and after you get the full meaning.
    It means to pray with sincerity, not as some showy display. It in no way says that praying is not allowed in public places.
    Yes, the Bible does say not to do it in public.