Resto Trinket help for converted Boomkin

Hey all,

So I am a 14-14H moonkin that is going resto for the rest of this xpac. My gear is OK but not great so far (could be better itemized but I'm working on it). Here is my armory in resto -- http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ulina/advanced

I am currently running both regen trinkets so that I can keep my spirit where it is (speaking of my spirit, is it still too high for those trinkets?).

My main question is, are most of you guys running with the Sha Trinket and the cleave trinket and a bit more spirit? Or are you keeping the Sha trinket and the Blackfuse one for more regen, less spirit and more mastery?

Any help, trinket related or not, would be appreciated. Trying out outheal people 20 ivls above me in the main raid so yeah

Thanks guys!

Quote Originally Posted by Drweird View Post
    My main question is, are most of you guys running with the Sha Trinket and the cleave trinket and a bit more spirit? Or are you keeping the Sha trinket and the Blackfuse one for more regen, less spirit and more mastery?
    Honestly you can go either method and it works out bout the same (assuming ilvl of trinkets are all equal):

If you go Pride + Blackfuse, you'll generally want 10-13k range spirit and you just keep that set up for every fight.

If you go Pride + Cleave/MS, you'll want at least 13-16k+ range spirit (Cleave for any fight with reasonable stacking periods, MS for fights where you don't stack much - Heroic Immersius/General/ Spoils, etc - varies on strat too)

Either set up works about the same (since the gain from the cleave/MS trinkets is compensated by the gain in reforged mastery by using blackfuse).

That being said, if you are in a 25 man, with mana tides/hyms, you will be able to squeeze out more by aiming for less spirit in either set up - spirit as always is up to personal taste.
    Last edited by Keiyra; 2014-08-13 at 03:37 PM.

I think I might feel more comfortable running both regen trinkets and more mastery, but I feel like maybe at LEAST on Thok it'd be better to run the cleave trinket?

Sure if you are more comfortable using Pride and Blackfuse go for it.

But yes for Thok the cleave trinket is crazy. Use it. Can easily do 10% of your healing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Keiyra View Post
    [...]
    If you go Pride + Blackfuse, you'll generally want 10-13k range spirit and you just keep that set up for every fight.

If you go Pride + Cleave/MS, you'll want at least 13-16k+ range spirit (Cleave for any fight with reasonable stacking periods, MS for fights where you don't stack much - Heroic Immersius/General/ Spoils, etc - varies on strat too)

[...]
    I disagree. Unfortunately I'm in Boomkin gear atm, but my stats are as follows:
    - Sha+Thok for almost every fight
    - Switch Thok for SC-B on Klaxxi or any other fight you really struggle
    - Use 11.5-12k spirit
    - I never go oom (no matter whether 10- or 25-man)
    - 18k Mastery, 13.163 haste, 0 crit
    - For me it still seems my MS trinket is inferior to Thok, as we also stack on Immerseus, General and Spoils (on Nazgrim "losely" maybe, but still the Thok one does more healing)

10+ Year Old Account
    is heroic immerseus DPS trinket actually good for resto?
    Hi

Deleted
    no

/chars

TBH i never think to swap thok trinket for siegecrafter one. i guess i could use siegecrafter one for paragon. but, that about it. On non stack fight like spoil, the cleave is still a good 5-6% of heal. Best fight for it is obviously norushen/thok where i can reach 12% easely. Thok one is also really useful on malkorok so you can reach 3.5M hps on the first tranq at the beginning of the fight ( SoTF + int pot + both int proc from trinket+ HoTW). The only fight i find struggling mana wise is paragon. Other than that. Thok one all the way

here my armory

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ralas/advanced

I thought the idea of the siegecrafter trinket was to reforge out of more spirit than you could without it. Therefor = more throughput. People are talking about it as if its a regen trinket only. Also, it has static intellect oposed to Thoks "int proc when you dont need it"-proc.

Thok's did nearly 50% overhealing for me on Thok HC10man yesterday. I'd much rather have static int and more reforged mastery, personally.