10+ Year Old Account

Healing noob needs help

Hello. My friend is joining WoW for the very first time and he like the sound of being a healer. He asked me which class healer would be the easiest for him to get in to but I have no idea about healing as I've never been a healer. so what advice do you healers have for him? is there an easier healer than the rest or not? any help would be great please

It's better for him to pick a class that he likes. Druids are mobile but they have to learn how to trust their hots. Disc priests are the "strongest" right now but in MY opinion they're boring. Holy priests are similar to druids but they have more cast time spells. Shamans have a fun combination between totems, hots and direct heals but you need a fair amount of spirit or crit to get anything done. Paladins have a variety of healing styles that can cater to most encounters but I dislike their holy power system.

I don't think there is an "easiest" one to learn, they all require nuance to play at a higher level but if he's just looking to LFR and some flex, I'd probably suggest a disc priest because everyone at that level of raiding seems to think a disc priest is practically required to get anything done. Plus if he gets the hang of it he'll stomp the meters against similarly geared and skilled healers (if he cares about that metric).

TL;DR Pick the class you enjoy most, not FOTM. If you must FOTM, disc priest.
    Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    judging 25man raiding by LFR standards saying it requires no coordination, is like saying 5mans require cheese sandwiches because i like turtles.

all the healers are easy to start out with and have a lot of combat depth if you're into that sort of thing. he just needs to pick the one with the healing kit that works best for him.

resto shaman; good when people are stacked, amazing raid cooldowns, including mana regeneration for the raid (removed in wod iirc)
    disc priest; dominant now, maybe not so much in the expansion, very good at stopping damage from being taken, lots of tools to save people from dying
    holy priest; lots of raw aoe healing, lots of unique tools to save people from dying
    resto druid; massive aoe healing over time, very good burst aoe healing
    mistweaver monk; very spiky (bursty?) and random aoe healing, a strong single target cooldown and a strong aoe cooldown
    holy paladin; high single target and double target healing, good aoe healing with shields to prevent some damage.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just wanted him to pick something that will help him get to know the game better & quicker

Deleted
    Play a discipline priest as a new player. They are quite overpowered and are very easy to play, and blizzard does not plan to fix them until WoD is being released.

But be warned: They will be rebalanced for the next expansion. So probably it will become challenging to play them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Your friend should pick a class that appeals to them. There is no best or easiest if you're brand new.

You never know what a person will take to, and he/she will learn as they go along.

They could make one of every healer in the game and level them and see what they like more.