Poll: Should every raid have a Patchwerk?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Patchwerk fight was best because that wasn't only dps check but tank and healer check too. If you are to undergeared he would just tear you apart.

Deleted
    There aren't many bosses like him, if any at all.

I liked the way of BC raids where typically one of the earlier bosses in the raid was a "gatekeeper" of sorts that acted as a gear check to ensure you had appropriate gear to continue. Fights like Brutallus and the water elemental guy from SSC (name eludes me atm) were great ways to see if your raid was ready to tackle the rest of the instance. Nowadays, the intro bosses like Jin'rokh and Immerseus do nothing to help you get an idea of how the raid will perform with tougher DPS checks, and fights that require you to pump out DPS while moving and handling mechanics.

Deleted
    Yes because DPS deserve it just to blow off some steam. It's cool having that one fight (not more, 1 is perfect) per raid where your only job is to push as hard as you can and nothing else. Fights with movement are great and everything but I think a patchwerk fight should be included in every raid.

No, it's way too simple. He was a pretty sick gear check though, every raid should have several of those.
    “The north still reeks of undeath. Our homelands lay in ruin. Pandaria oozes our hatred and doubt. What hope is there for this world when the Burning Legion again lands upon our shores?” - Eric Thibeau

u have "patchwerk" this tier - its called garosh and look how many idiots fail on it - its nothing else but a gear check on every single difficulty

10+ Year Old Account
    Totally, every raid needs a epeen race

It should also have lots of damage so the healers can also epeen!

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    u have "patchwerk" this tier - its called garosh and look how many idiots fail on it - its nothing else but a gear check on every single difficulty
    Don't think you understand what "Patchwerk" fight means.

Quote Originally Posted by Cerilis View Post
    Just make patchwerk an optional boss in every raid!
    no, a patchwerk boss should always act as a gatekeeper for the final bosses. it should clearly say 'your raid pulls scumbag-like dps, go pratice or go get better gear, before I'll let you even look at the final boss'.

so yes, I like patchwerk-fights once in a tier. but they shouldn't be artificially bloated with gimmick like abilites like Ultraxion was, for example.
    To me, the best patchwerk-like Fight they did after PW himself was Brutallus in Sunwell. He was really fun, even though he had only 2 abilities.

Yes, but in the way they currently do AKA iron juggernaut (ignoring stack at end of room tactic). Preferably without damage increase/reduction mechanics that end up favouring classes with higher burst windows

The fight should still have mechanics, but having 1 fight with high tank damage, high healing requirements, and high dps requirements under the presumption that the raid won't be busy handling other mechanics most of the time sounds good to me. Once per tier.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Deleted
    Patchwerk Bosses aren't just a DPS Check, they also are Tank-and Healing-Checks. And they have a strict Berserktimer which kills you off basically instant instead of having a Softenrage like most bosses nowadays have (like Malkorok... 6min = Eradicate = Instantwipe, or Ultraxion). Thats why Jinrokh isnt a PW-Boss imo... he only had this Soft-Enrage once all 4 Water Puddles are electrified and didnt hit very hard. Iron Juggernaut doesnt really check the gear of your Tanks and Healers when played in a proper way, also his Berserk-Timer is so easy that you can afford to not do any dmg at all in P2 to make the Fight easier.

Iconic PW-Bosses I remember:

Gruul (at least before the nerf, afterwards it wasnt a real check anymore. He had a softenrage, but a tight one)
    Hydross in SSC (with Zerg tactic which later got fixed, it was basically pure PW)
    Brutallus in SWP
    Patchwerk in Naxx 2.0
    Saurfang in ICC
    Baleroc in FL
    Ultraxion in DS
    Garajal in MSV
    Norushen and Malkorok in SoO

I always loved PW Bosses and hope to see more of them.

10+ Year Old Account
    When people say Patchwerk fight, they mean stand still and do nothing apart from your roll (DPS, Heal or Tank). No moving to stack or spread out, no chasing orbs, no dealing with adds, just one boss, stand still and nuke.

Fights which are close to this are Patchwerk (of course), Brutallus, Baleroc and Ultraxion. I doubt we'll ever get a pure Patchwerk fight again.
    Last edited by Tekkommo; 2014-08-18 at 01:33 PM.

I support fights like patchwerk because it encourages a different type of skill. The fight itself was extremely hard for healers, hits that would 2 shot your tank and came every 1 sec needing a rotation of like 8 healers constantly spamming the tank (there were basically no instant heals like now). Couple that with a very tight enrage timer. Obviously nowadays u need to throw in a few more mechanics but having a straight up gear check in a raid is a good thing imo

10+ Year Old Account
    Absolutely not.
    Hi

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, as long as said fight is as hard as he was during Vanilla.

One Patchwerk style fight for a raid would be great. Of course it has to have really high dps/hps requirements to be interesting, but yea definitely something that blizz should consider for future raids.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Every boss of every raid should be a version of Patchwerk
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Quote Originally Posted by Wacomman View Post
    Yes because DPS deserve it just to blow off some steam. It's cool having that one fight (not more, 1 is perfect) per raid where your only job is to push as hard as you can and nothing else. Fights with movement are great and everything but I think a patchwerk fight should be included in every raid.
    100% agree a challenging boss has its on merit, but a fuck off boss can be fun as hell as well

Come on, EVERY single raid in the game is a little bit too much isnt it ?

I like the aspect off the fight yes. Its a fun gear check, and DPS'eres can enjoy it.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO