Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

Bioware's newest IP is a direct copy of Evolve.

http://kotaku.com/biowares-newest-rp...ium=Socialflow

http://evolvegame.com/about/game

Bioware used to be a somewhat respectable company. Pity to see them riding the coattails.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bioware hasn't been a respectable company for many years now. Especially after falling under the umbrella of EA.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    Bioware hasn't been a respectable company for many years now. Especially after falling under the umbrella of EA.
    I had a rant prepared, but you summed it all up in two sentences, so I'll just echo your sentiment.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cover25 View Post
    http://kotaku.com/biowares-newest-rp...ium=Socialflow

http://evolvegame.com/about/game

Bioware used to be a somewhat respectable company. Pity to see them riding the coattails.
    one is a shooter, the other is an action rpg. sure the idea might have been copied, but in this quote from the kotaku ''It has four-versus-one gameplay, with four players able to fight against the Shadow Lord that controls everything in the game or play as the evil lord'' the bioware game sounds more like something D&D (as far as ive understoof D&D anyway) rather than people just chasing the ''v1''. but yeah no i understand, its bioware/EA blind hate is better than reading what you post

Quote Originally Posted by gegalfo View Post
    one is a shooter, the other is an action rpg. sure the idea might have been copied, but in this quote from the kotaku ''It has four-versus-one gameplay, with four players able to fight against the Shadow Lord that controls everything in the game or play as the evil lord'' the bioware game sounds more like something D&D (as far as ive understoof D&D anyway) rather than people just chasing the ''v1''. but yeah no i understand, its bioware/EA blind hate is better than reading what you post
    Evolve is a 4v1 where you hunt the monster while he sets traps for you and attempts to kill you, or corner you etc.

Shadow Realms is a 4v1 where you hunt the shadow lord and he sets traps to kill you or corner you.

Maybe you should look into things before bindly letting out your fanboy feelings for Bioware?

No...no it's not.

Unless I totally missed something, you do not get the tools to dynamically spawn traps/enemies etc. in Evolve, while you do in Shadow Realms. In Evolve, you are a single monster stalking your prey, in Shadow Realms you are more akin to a terrible D&D DM who limited control who is doing everything they can to stop their enemies. Yes, you can also be a big baddie in the dungeon too, but you can do more than just that.

They are both similar, but I wouldn't be remotely surprised if Shadow Realms was in the works for a long time before Evolve was announced.

Unless this is a fun, "LOL LETS HATE EA AND BIOWARE!!!" thread, in which case it won't last long.

Redit: Also, guess just about every single multiplayer shooter is a clone. I mean, they all have almost identical rulesets and very similar gameplay!

Shocker!: Shadow Realms is a direct copy of new Fable game where 4 players compete against one Evil player, who lay traps, spawn mobs trying to kill heroes etc.

OT: Just similar design (because coop games are selling good right now and L4D was a shocking success despite being an indie game). Nothing major here.
    Last edited by OmniSkribe; 2014-08-13 at 08:52 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cover25 View Post
    Evolve is a 4v1 where you hunt the monster while he sets traps for you and attempts to kill you, or corner you etc.

Shadow Realms is a 4v1 where you hunt the shadow lord and he sets traps to kill you or corner you.

Maybe you should look into things before bindly letting out your fanboy feelings for Bioware?
    ehh fair enough, still hating on something which has just been announced is rather dumb as it has yet to be fleshed out, where as evolve has been public for a while

This game was announced today and people are already out in full force claiming that this game is a copy/clone of Evolve.... how ignorant can you people be? Yes, it's similar in design to Evolve, but that doesn't make it a "clone" or "copy" as the ignorant masses would deem it to be.

Oh, and in before this becomes an EA/Bioware hate spewing thread - if it hasn't become so already, that is.
    Last edited by Drofdel; 2014-08-13 at 08:58 PM.

Man, remember the days when every new FPS with the slightest hint of sci-fi elements was called a Halo clone?

Quote Originally Posted by Drofdel View Post
    This game was announced today and people are already out in full force claiming that this game is a copy/clone of Evolve.... how ignorant can you people be? Yes, it's similar in design to Evolve, but doesn't make it a "clone" or "copy" as the ignorant masses would deem it to be.
    This at least the fifth place I've seen it called an Evolve clone. And in some of the other places you had people fanning pretty hard over Evolved, which blows my mind given that it's not even out yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrouded View Post
    I had a rant prepared, but you summed it all up in two sentences, so I'll just echo your sentiment.
    I'm sorry I took the wind out of your sails :-( You could post the rant anyway?
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    This at least the fifth place I've seen it called an Evolve clone. And in some of the other places you had people fanning pretty hard over Evolved, which blows my mind given that it's not even out yet.
    Yeah, it's getting pretty ridiculous. We don't even know that much about the game and people are already jumping to conclusions about it, though I suppose people just complain just for the sake of complaining (and for the fact that this is an EA/Bioware game). Give it a rest people and take a chill pill for Christ's sake.

10+ Year Old Account
    Evolve by no means invented the concept but more importantly why is having more potentially good games a bad thing?

SkyFar is a clone of Luftrausers, this isn't a clone of anything.
    Her hall is called Eljudnir,
    her dish is Hunger,
    her knife is Famine,
    her slave is Lazy,
    and Slothful is her woman servant.

Chelly
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Unless this is a fun, "LOL LETS HATE EA AND BIOWARE!!!" thread, in which case it won't last long.
    This place has some great parodies on the hate EA gets.
    http://www.reddit.com/r/Gamingcirclejerk/

It's getting a bit ridiculous.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chelly View Post
    This place is a great parody subreddit on all the EA hate.

You make it sound like all the hate and rage so many of us have for EA is totally unfounded. News flash, it's not.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chelly View Post
    This place has some great parodies on the hate EA gets.

Lol EA killed robin Williams.

10+ Year Old Account
    So true, the last game I truly enjoyed by Bioware was Mass Effect 1. They have been going downhill for a long time now, especially in the story/character department which use to be their strongest point. It's a pity because Bioware, Obsidian and Bethesda use to be my go-to-WRPG developers.
    "I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids. "
    -
    General Jack D. Ripper.

Chelly
    You make it sound like all the hate and rage so many of us have for EA is totally unfounded. News flash, it's not.
    Well good thing I didn't say that at all, and no I'm not a fan of EA either.

Because Evolve isn't a copy of another game I'm sure you've all heard about -- or not, fanboyism isn't in this thread at all.

Also, EA ruined Bioware, not Bioware.