Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    can see proving ground level....LOL

Fucking stupid idea. Have no desire to do proving grounds at all. Now Bliz is shoving another form of content down out throats, and an unbalanced boring pile of shite one at that.

does this mean we're getting elite group quests again? like the cipher of the damned chain in SMV. anyone in the beta know?

Lets see how quickly the ilvls start spiraling out control. Everyone is going to put their ilvl or close to it as the minimum. The gap between the haves and have nots. The community is still the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Niyari View Post
    does this mean we're getting elite group quests again? like the cipher of the damned chain in SMV. anyone in the beta know?
    So far all the 'group' quests that I've done have been pretty easy to solo...but I haven't completed every zone. So I guess TBD?

Quote Originally Posted by Houyi View Post

Fucking stupid idea. Have no desire to do proving grounds at all. Now Bliz is shoving another form of content down out throats, and an unbalanced boring pile of shite one at that.
    I would be on the exact opposite side in opinion. Often times ilvl simply isn't enough to gauge if someone knows what they are doing on their character, and proving ground is a great step in the right direction. I'm very happy about this, and hope they elaborate more things around and upon said feature.

Voice Chat: Some groups may prefer members joining Voice Chat in game for greater coordination.
    I would love to see an update of the in game voice chat. It could be a nice way of making people connect with each other in 5-man or in this kind of premade groups. It needs the same flexibility as other voice chat programs and a guild support system.

No one's shoving anything. You can choose not to do them at all, and I'm sure there will be group leaders out there who agree with you and won't take it into account.

I for one would use it for raids only. It's an indication of someone's knowledge of their class and the time they choose to devote to proving themselves to others, rather than just getting carried to a certain ilvl or achievement. If someone chooses not to participate in Proving Grounds, that's their prerogative, I personally would probably be less likely to choose them for the group though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Just looked on beta. Searched every field and 0 people are using it.

- - - Updated - - -

Test it..? Thats what the beta is for.
    I don't think most people even know about it.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

Very, very nice. I've been wanting a feature like this for a long time.

Is this limited to your own server?

Additionally, raid groups will be able to see what ranks the applicants have attained in Proving Grounds
    This is a joke right? Proving grounds are complete crap. They are so unbalanced at the gold level its absurd. They are once again, trying to force us into features.

I mean, its like they are stupid or something. No one likes the feature or uses it? Better find every way possible to force them into it.

I do not see anyone, including myself, even glancing at the proving grounds section. It does not now, nor ever will it, mean a darn thing. I am glad that in order to use it, the minimum ilevel must be equal or less then yours. To a degree. It wont stop the idiots spewing in trade that you must have the same ilevel as all the gear in that wing in order to carry them in it. It wont much less stop he idiots with higher ilevels also wanting high ilevels for no reason but to go fast.

I will wait to decide how good or bad it is until it is in game. It doesn't say if you can put in an optional message or not. It also doesn't say you have to actually stick to the ilevel requirement. So if they can put in an optional message, we will still have the idiots with the stupid ilevel requirements.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GarGar View Post
    I really hope this catches on and it gets used a lot. Interesting part I think, "Additionally, raid groups will be able to see what ranks the applicants have attained in Proving Grounds". Makes proving grounds useful, neat.
    Yeah, I see proving grounds gold becoming mandatory for Normal mode raids or up.

Are you actually complaining about something that takes very little time if you know what you are doing?
    Sorry you have to spend ten minutes getting an achievement to prove you aren't a complete scrub...sheesh.
    Or are you complaining because you can't complete them? Hmmmmm.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Niyari View Post
    Yes. There are at least 1-2 group quests per zone. They require 3 people but SoO geared players, or tank specs can solo them. In 500 gear most specs would need 2 people, and if you are bad you will need 3. I think theres a 5 one in Nagrand?

Quote Originally Posted by araistlinx View Post
    I would be on the exact opposite side in opinion. Often times ilvl simply isn't enough to gauge if someone knows what they are doing on their character, and proving ground is a great step in the right direction. I'm very happy about this, and hope they elaborate more things around and upon said feature.
    What they should be doing is putting an armory link or mini armory browser page so you can do a proper check on the person. At the very least they should make ilvl take into account enchants, stat distributions, etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    This is a joke right? Proving grounds are complete crap. They are so unbalanced at the gold level its absurd. They are once again, trying to force us into features.
    Blizzard has said that they're going to try to balance Proving Grounds better this time around.

Yeah, I see proving grounds gold becoming mandatory for Normal mode raids or up.
    Weellll Gold for Heroic definitely. If I was putting together a Normal raid, I'd be fine with a Silver joining, depending on the difficulty of the bosses. SoO Flex 1-3 now, I think Silver would be fine. Probably Gold for a Garrosh run.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post

I mean, its like they are stupid or something. No one likes the feature or uses it? Better find every way possible to force them into it.

I do not see anyone, including myself, even glancing at the proving grounds section. It does not now, nor ever will it, mean a darn thing. I am glad that in order to use it, the minimum ilevel must be equal or less then yours. To a degree. It wont stop the idiots spewing in trade that you must have the same ilevel as all the gear in that wing in order to carry them in it. It wont much less stop he idiots with higher ilevels also wanting high ilevels for no reason but to go fast.

I will wait to decide how good or bad it is until it is in game. It doesn't say if you can put in an optional message or not. It also doesn't say you have to actually stick to the ilevel requirement. So if they can put in an optional message, we will still have the idiots with the stupid ilevel requirements.
    They are supposedly re-balancing/reworking it for WoD so its more meaningful. A good way to do that, would be to give everyone a high item level and raid buffs inside of it.

Set the item level to like 690 so everyone has good stats, and give them raid buffs.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RyusekiV2 View Post
    Are you actually complaining about something that takes very little time if you know what you are doing?
    Sorry you have to spend ten minutes getting an achievement to prove you aren't a complete scrub...sheesh.
    Or are you complaining because you can't complete them? Hmmmmm.
    Right? Its just a very small form of player required atunements. I like that.

10+ Year Old Account
    In 500 gear most specs would need 2 people, and if you are bad you will need 3.
    In 500 starter gear, I will imagine average players will solo them all in any dps spec (asuming they actually hit their cds + zone ability).
    Befroure eu got char copy I went through a fury war (back when they sucked balls), destro lock, shadow priest, assa rogue, frost dk, enh/ele shammy, fire mage and ret paladin. None of these classes had any issues soloing group quests. Some needed the zone ability more than others, but with the zone ability all was cake.

Quote Originally Posted by haiyken View Post
    I would love to see an update of the in game voice chat. It could be a nice way of making people connect with each other in 5-man or in this kind of premade groups. It needs the same flexibility as other voice chat programs and a guild support system.
    ಠ_ಠ No. I've used it in the past. Ever used an online service for a video game console? My experience was like that - full of "n word" and telling me all about my mother - and I wasn't being unreasonable or playing poorly or anything.