High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account

Pixels appearing on screen?

I recently upgraded to the r9270x from a radeon 6670. I believe I got all the old drivers out, but to be honest I am not sure. I did a complete re-install of windows 7 yesterday and tried to add in my r9270x today. I went to play WoW and received the message that I needed updated drivers in my GPU. I went and updated the drivers and began to play WoW when about 5 mins in pixels began to form all over the screen(blue and Yellow in color) I am thinking that this might be because my power supply is not up to the task but I want to be sure before I buy a new power supply. Any theories on why this happened or how to figure it out. Temps seem to be find staying anywhere between 36-46 C

Processor
    Intel Core i3-2120 3.3GHz
    Memory
    8GB
    Hard Drive
    500GB
    Graphics card
    r9 270x
    Power Supply
    Last edited by timoteo; 2014-08-14 at 04:34 AM.

Did you completely remove all traces of the old driver before installing the new one? What did you use previously?

Is it there as soon as you start up? While playing a game? While idling? Watching a video? Blah blah blah? Be somewhat specific and describe what's actually happening, and take a picture, if you can.

What are your temps?

I don't know what your actual power supply is, but it's technically below the minimum for that card, which is 500w. Depending on what you actually have, it might be able to get away with it, if it's not a good quality one, then there may be problems.

Check your cables to make sure nothing is loose, it could be being caused by a contact problem, take them out and plug them back in, do the same with the Graphics card, take everything out of it and remove it from the motherboard, then put it all back.

Use http://www.wagnardmobile.com/DDU/ to remove your drivers, and https://www.piriform.com/ccleaner to clean up anything it picks up that's been left behind.

Other than that, it could be a problem with the card itself, or possibly the power supply.
    Last edited by IRunSoFarAway; 2014-08-14 at 12:33 AM.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    put a bit more information in. Also the pixels seem to have faded for the time being.(thinking this might be because it is using less power)

Do you ever see these on startup? Last time I had pixels like this I had a damaged video card.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I just can't see how this would be a damaged video card. The video card was packaged well and was handled with extreme care while installing.

Could have come from the manufacture that way. The only way to tell is to put in another card. Use your onboard if you have one.