10+ Year Old Account

What is the most expensive thing you broken, and did you tell anybody?

For anybody kind of older, you can take into consideration the value during the time of what you broke. Mine is I pulled out of a parking spot and collided with Volkswagen, I was at fault, and it cost me $6.400

I broke a $3.5 million satellite component I was testing, powered it up got a nice pop sound and acrid smell. In the end it worked out for the best, the part could be never allowed to fly in space even after repair so our customer didn't beg us for it and we got to keep it in the test lab as the golden unit (something you *know* works, so you can test your tester with it to confirm your test setup actually works)

A piece of shit Dell laptop that kept freezing on me.

I opened a can of Mountain Dew, poured it over the laptop, and then got on the phone with their customer support telling them there's been an accidental spill. It was still under warranty, but since they no longer carried my model, I even got an upgrade.

10+ Year Old Account
    My (cheap) car and the rear of a semi that cost $10k to repair, didn't end up having to pay that one though. >.>

10+ Year Old Account
    When I was in the Navy, I served on a submarine. The submarine's towed sonar array was deployed and I was at the helm. I turned the ship too sharply and the big propeller severed the array. It was a 2 million dollar write-off.

Deleted
    some girl's heart

told no one.

The Lightbringer Conspicuous Cultist's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rawhammer View Post
    some girl's heart

told no one.
    i cry everytiem

Deleted
    A 40K$ car

Deleted
    A computer. Cost about 1500$ new.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerfest View Post
    When I was in the Navy, I served on a submarine. The submarine's towed sonar array was deployed and I was at the helm. I turned the ship too sharply and the big propeller severed the array. It was a 2 million dollar write-off.
    I wonder how much you got yelled at for that

10+ Year Old Account
    At my last job I took a turn a little too sharp in a landsail, caught the wind, and it just flung my sail to the ground.

Snapped the mast and a couple other bars. Of course had to tell my boss. That was about a $3300 accident. Can't think of anything much worse than that
    Last edited by Voolawl; 2014-08-14 at 08:36 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kissme View Post
    The problem comes when bad players expect to clear hardmode content as quickly as average or upper echelon players.
    Accept your limitations.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Admittedly, I enjoy beer more as a beverage that I can appreciate rather then getting drunk.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hit a Bentley...well, he pulled out in front of me.

Quote Originally Posted by rawhammer View Post
    some girl's heart

told no one.
    Girls are only expensive if you don't break their hearts. And marry them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Deleted
    My health? Dunno lol~

Deleted
    Broke a 500.000 € magnet when i was in a traineeship. I was very happy there was a senior technician there who said beforehand (and afterwards) that the optional components i created for the magnet were well-designed, and it was't my fault.

Deleted
    Well, I almost broke an entire building once.

When I was doing my chemistry degree, before I dropped out, there was this lab practical where we were doing stuff with sodium or something, the one that goes on fire if it goes in water. We were given a load of it in oil for the practical, and told to dispose of any remainders in a specific bucket they put out.

At the end of the practical, I was the last to leave and was in a hurry, and I disposed of the contents of a beaker that I thought didn't have any of the sodium in into the organic waste bucket, which naturally contained all kinds of burny things and bits of water and such.

Realised what I'd done just after I did it so got the fuck out.

We had an email sent round our course a little bit later saying that the organic waste bucket had burst into flames, melted a bunch of other waste containers, and risked burning down the entire building before a lab tech caught it and extinguished it, but now there was a big ol' chemical spill that had wrecked a fume cupboard and all sorts. We were told to come forward if we knew anything about who did it, and that they would be removed from the course if they found out.

THEY NEVER DID. MWHAHAHAAH