Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Showing my age here but seeing this thread made me search online for some of my more favourite older lego sets I had as a child.

Think my first ever lego set i remember was this lil space number from 1982.

I also loved my firestation from 1981.

But my favourite just had to be the lego Kings Castle I got for my 7th Birthday.

Deleted
    I used to love Legos back when they still were Legos, back when everything was built from similar pieces, and you could mix and match everything perfectly, and the sets were generic such as "hospital" or "fire station". Then at some point they started to mix in all kinds of franchise bullshit, as well as way too much specialty pieces and even Technics.

I had this one:

And this one:

And a couple other buildings, as well as a whole bunch of street pieces and a ton of generic pieces to build a whole city, cars, and so on from. Also, tons of space themed pieces.

But yeah, it all went to shit when they started to make all the sets from set-specific pieces and the whole mix'n'match feel disappeared. Else I think I'd still be in love with them. Age has nothing to do with Legos.

Deleted
    i had loooooooooooooooads

I came from a poor family, Just had a bucket of random LEGO pieces and we had to use our imagination. Then hold my sanity when my siblings came rampaging through like Godzilla fuckin' it all up.

Deleted
    All the ones I can find:

10+ Year Old Account
    My favorite lego set:

plus a little

and I can build almost anything.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Good God i had loads of legos. Entire fortune spent on them. I miss those 90's sets.

Quote Originally Posted by saraxp View Post

- - - Updated - - -

I've never heard anyone refer to them as anything other than Legos. It IS a thing, 'correct' or not.
    Oh, my younger brother owned this set, and some more of the underwater themed LEGO. Also lots of good pieces for creating some sort of spacecraft

Ah shit the M Planet and Space Police ones already posted lol.

of the two not already posted from those other series.

I had the whole M series at one point, but then my ship I had with me got completely dickered in a car accident with my grandfather when I was like 8. Twisted Metal, glass and bits of lego everywhere. Fucking tragedy.
    Last edited by Tradewind; 2014-08-14 at 06:54 PM.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

The new 2014 Parisian Restaurant (LEGO 10243) looks amazing.

I had this egyptian pyramid thing that I went crazy over when I got it. I also loved my bat castle and dragons.

Quote Originally Posted by Moriat View Post

Good times.
    spot the rich kid!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tradewind View Post
    spot the rich kid!!
    Christmas 1996(?). My grandma took me and my brother to a store called Manor (in Switzerland) and bought 2 of those bad boys. We literally kept on playing for years with those trains.

That I own:

Of all time:

10+ Year Old Account
    spot the rich kid!!
    Right!? You could always tell the rich kids 'cause they owned those train sets, which were more expensive than full-on model railraoding sets!
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    Right!? You could always tell the rich kids 'cause they owned those train sets, which were more expensive than full-on model railraoding sets!
    That or the monorail. /grumble

That or the monorail. /grumble
    That space age / futuristic one? My neighbor had it. Full blown envy.

Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    That space age / futuristic one? My neighbor had it. Full blown envy.

yeah that one. almost guaranteed they also had a Genesis and Super Nintendo. Fuckin 1%'er kids of the 90s!

is it wrong that I kind of want to buy it now that I'm 30 years old and earning? lol
    Last edited by Tradewind; 2014-08-14 at 07:41 PM.

is it wrong that I kind of want to buy it now that I'm 30 years old and earning? lol
    I don't know about you, but I'm not earning this much.