2s Arms/Disc a few issues

Hello, my friend and I have been gearing our War and Priest in 2s and we ended up at 1.8k rating. We want to try to push some rating but we are having issues dealing with certain classes. Specifically Mage and Hunter.

Hunter:
    They hit like trains the entire match. Double deterence + the healers cooldowns makes it very hard to kill them. Stampeed forces us to tendrill then fear pets. I cant Safeguard the roots because he will trap my Priest.

Frost trap is BS. After the hunter scatters I Safeguard/Heroic Leap onto my priest to absorb the trap. This works about 50% of the time. I can be standing directly ontop of the trap and it will sometimes till trap the priest.

Mage:
    I die in deepfreeze everytime. 3 spells after freeze im gone. The priest is getting good at SWDing the sheeps to get out of them but we cant handle the burst. I trinket the deepfreeze when he silences the priest then the next one 100-0s me. It feels imposible to sit on the mage only time we beat them is if they blink and let me shockwave them.

any advice welcome. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by forsworn View Post
    Hello, my friend and I have been gearing our War and Priest in 2s and we ended up at 1.8k rating. We want to try to push some rating but we are having issues dealing with certain classes. Specifically Mage and Hunter.

Hunter:
    They hit like trains the entire match. Double deterence + the healers cooldowns makes it very hard to kill them. Stampeed forces us to tendrill then fear pets. I cant Safeguard the roots because he will trap my Priest.

Frost trap is BS. After the hunter scatters I Safeguard/Heroic Leap onto my priest to absorb the trap. This works about 50% of the time. I can be standing directly ontop of the trap and it will sometimes till trap the priest.

Mage:
    I die in deepfreeze everytime. 3 spells after freeze im gone. The priest is getting good at SWDing the sheeps to get out of them but we cant handle the burst. I trinket the deepfreeze when he silences the priest then the next one 100-0s me. It feels imposible to sit on the mage only time we beat them is if they blink and let me shockwave them.

I'd bet their partners are either a holy priest or a druid? Sound like the combos of cc they have are probably more the culprit. Unfortunately, playing warrior/priest, your cc is limited, especially since you are really dependent on the priest for dispels, limiting the effectiveness of dominate mind.

against hunter teams its gonna be tough. One tip I can give as to why some traps will fail is how the trap was landed. If your priest is rooted or stunned instead of scattered, that trap will hit the priest 99% of the time. The other side of this coin is that your healer is going to be sitting in a lot more cc than their healer will. What I would suggest to break up their chains is switch targets to soften them both up, then apply burst when your team has an advantage in positioning.

Against the mage your best bet is to play super offensive against the mage. Have your priest spam dispelling the mage. Catching an alter time or the spell power buff from the shield is huge and can turn a 100-0 burst to 100-40. You will get better at sticking the mage the more you play and your priest will get more on the ball at dispelling you.

Good luck!

You can dispell alter time 0_o omg that would help so much

Depends if your Priest is being CC'd but when I get caught in the "Oh shit I'm frozen and he's about to 1 shot me" situation my priest uses the (I forget the name) spell that swaps my health with his just before I die, which is usually enough for me to not die and run away like a little girl, get healed up and turn the tables. Arms/Disc is hard going in 2s though, you get walked all over by Hunters/Mages.

That Hunter/Rogue combo is brutal too, Arms/Disc setup is too easily controlled.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by forsworn View Post

Hunter:

Mage:

Why does your priest use void tendrils? I don't see that too much.

Hunter - Are you mocking bannering stampede if its on priest? or shockwaving the zoo? (hello free 20s shockwave). You can vene/get dispel on roots (shouldn't have to vene all of them) and you can leap traps don't forget. A lot of trap eating from my perspective is being able to predict when he's gonna do it (like seeing a priest run in for fear). If you vene right when you hear scatter, it's true, it isn't always fast enough, and sometimes traps will go off faster than others, like if the hunter is getting a root or stun trap, those are almost impossible to eat unless you get lucky. Dancing like an idiot on the trap seems to help lol (seriously).

Mage - If you don't have defensive/movement cooldowns, don't extend too far, period. Not standing in orb helps tremendously. When you see him bursting, get a feel for when he deeps and you can reflect it sometimes. I switch a lot vs mage/druid teams, get mage low -> switch druid so he can't cast. Keep switching to who doesn't have full hots and dodge the burst unless you are setup to handle it. If you aren't ready for the burst and you're out there, casters will just fk you. Oh, and I'm sure you know already, but mages are pretty vulnerable after they blink, abuse it.
    Last edited by Bombino; 2014-08-14 at 08:43 PM. Reason: adding stuff

10+ Year Old Account
    priest should be holy

Why are you worried about stampede? It does almost no damage nowadys, just ignore it or shockwave it only if you hit the hunter or his partner too, other than that the hunter has the upper hand, Warrior/Priest is not a good comp because you lack the cc to land a kill since you both share a fear.

Against mages you should never win, theres not much to be done.

You are doing 2s, 50% of the game is decided when the gates open, you should not worry too much about losing to certain comps, thats how 2s works

Couple of things. First off, your priest needs to be holy. Secondly, he shouldn't be using tendrils against anything except dks.

Hunters: Theres two ways to play against hunter teams as a priest/war and it greatly depends on the enemy healer and how good your priest is. If the warrior can train the healer (aka a priest, sham, or bad monk/hpally), then you can run an offensive setup where the warrior trains he enemy healer and the priest cc chains the hunter through chastise -> MC -> fear -> MC combos that forces the enemy healer to take action while be stomped on by the warrior. Or if thats not working out for you then you have to run the normal chase around the hunter while priest tries to cc healer game which can really go either way. Priests are easily cc'd by hunters and priests bring nothing to help the warrior keep on a hunter, and the warrior is forced to save safeguard for traps making this an unpleasant situation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    I like how when people complain about getting killed by kill shot which can have a 43 yard range, no resource cost, and can be used again if it doesn't kill and everyone says WELL, HEY, YOU KNOW, IT IS CALLED KILL SHOT
    but when a warrior does it, clearly the ability's name is "useless wet noodle piece of shit strike with an exorbitant rage cost that should do the same damage as MS"

10+ Year Old Account
    I know it probably isn't the most helpful response, but I played arms/holy almost all the way to 2,1 last season, and at that rating, when ever we met holypr/frostmage or holypr/hunter we might as well just afk out. Their cc is by default just so vastly superior that your Priest will end up controlled every game. It mostly boils down to 2v2 not being the most balanced bracket out there leading to that some comps are simply way better.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dyra View Post
    Because what they are atm are plait tugging, sniffing, glaring, prissy, clothes obsessed bitches who I would quite cheerfully drown.
    I often post from my mobile device, typos in my posts are 99% likely to be because of that.
    All I would ever want and need is a hug.

Quote Originally Posted by Wass View Post
    I know it probably isn't the most helpful response, but I played arms/holy almost all the way to 2,1 last season, and at that rating, when ever we met holypr/frostmage or holypr/hunter we might as well just afk out. Their cc is by default just so vastly superior that your Priest will end up controlled every game. It mostly boils down to 2v2 not being the most balanced bracket out there leading to that some comps are simply way better.
    This is what will happen most of the time. However I ran this comp around 2k earlier in the season and we beat most priest/hunters by the strat I listed above. My priest would sit in LoS, I would land a shockwave/stormbolt on the hunter, I would immediately go after their priest while my priest MC -> fear -> MC -> chastise or whatever combo he used. Their priest would have to come out of LoS for dispels while I nuked him. As a warrior I have 19 million cds and ways to LoS so me dying if my priest got caught in cc wasn't much a problem. Hunters are actually very easy to cc as long as they don't cc you first so covering your priest with cc on hunter is helpful. Either way the game will almost assuredly go to dampening.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    I like how when people complain about getting killed by kill shot which can have a 43 yard range, no resource cost, and can be used again if it doesn't kill and everyone says WELL, HEY, YOU KNOW, IT IS CALLED KILL SHOT
    but when a warrior does it, clearly the ability's name is "useless wet noodle piece of shit strike with an exorbitant rage cost that should do the same damage as MS"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hand Banana View Post
    This is what will happen most of the time. However I ran this comp around 2k earlier in the season and we beat most priest/hunters by the strat I listed above. My priest would sit in LoS, I would land a shockwave/stormbolt on the hunter, I would immediately go after their priest while my priest MC -> fear -> MC -> chastise or whatever combo he used. Their priest would have to come out of LoS for dispels while I nuked him. As a warrior I have 19 million cds and ways to LoS so me dying if my priest got caught in cc wasn't much a problem. Hunters are actually very easy to cc as long as they don't cc you first so covering your priest with cc on hunter is helpful. Either way the game will almost assuredly go to dampening.
    MC -> Chastice -> MC is usually the best way to do it, preferably after you opened with a fear out of spectral guise.

Yes, as you say, it is doable. However it is very far from my understanding of fun in pvp. Pillarhumping and juking fears for around 15 minutes can really get to your head once you've done it a couple of times. It's really demanding on your psychic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dyra View Post
    Because what they are atm are plait tugging, sniffing, glaring, prissy, clothes obsessed bitches who I would quite cheerfully drown.
    I often post from my mobile device, typos in my posts are 99% likely to be because of that.
    All I would ever want and need is a hug.

Unless ure going to the top, just leave if ure against Hunter Priest setup. Its redi OP right now and unless ure playing it urself dont spend time on the impossible. Same goes with Feral + Priest setup

Maybe 2.1k doesnt Count as high but I had a road to 2k recently as MW Monk/DK, after a while u just cba anymore against that setup so we just left all games. With some luck we didnt meet them so much and instatly got to 2.1 by beating Everything else

Mage setups can be beaten by as a healer hugging ure melee partner. The mage needs his Frozen Orb in order to nuke u one shot. If u sit a poly near the melee the orb will brake it.
    At least thats how I did it..