10+ Year Old Account

GW2 on sale, 50% off through August 24th

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/s...til-august-24/

Save 50% on Guild Wars 2 –
    Now Until August 24

From August 14 to August 24, we’re chopping the price of both Guild Wars 2 Digital Heroic Edition and Digital Deluxe Edition in half! Now is the perfect time to pick up this award-winning MMO and experience a constantly evolving fantasy world where your actions make a difference!

Get Guild Wars 2 today and save!

* Offer applies only to Digital Heroic Edition and Digital Deluxe Edition purchased through buy.guildwars2.com from 12pm PDT August 13, 2014 through 11:59pm PDT August 24, 2014.

(It's a steal at this price.)
    Valar morghulis

Deleted
    This is new accounts only. Note that the in-game upgrade has been discounted by 50% before, and may be again in the future.

I took advantage of this deal to get in on the game... I look forward to playing it once its done downloading.
    The Money-Pit 2011:
    MB: Asus M4A78LT-M CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 840 3.2Ghz RAM: Kingston 8GB (4x 2GB) DDR3 GPU: Sapphire Radeon HD 6850 1GB HDD: Seagate 500GB PSU: Antec TP-650 OS: Win 7 Home Premium 64-bit

Quote Originally Posted by CANADAMETALFAN View Post
    I took advantage of this deal to get in on the game... I look forward to playing it once its done downloading.
    We're getting hit with some DDOS stuff currently. Don't think this is the status quo if you have trouble getting/staying in the game.

GW2 is the only MMO i have seen that have gone the Buy-to-play approach
    Always been F2P or sub, is there really any other thats B2P?
    Last edited by SkagenRora; 2014-08-21 at 09:22 PM.

TSW is buy to play (but they do have an optional subscription) but they didn't start out that way.

Quote Originally Posted by SkagenRora View Post
    GW2 is the only MMO i have seen that have gone the Buy-to-play approach
    Always been F2P or sub, is there really any other thats B2P ?
    As far as I know only Guild Wars 1 and 2 are like this. I think it's great. Also Bungies' Destiny on the consoles is similar to this while not being an actual mmo

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by lawow74 View Post
    We're getting hit with some DDOS stuff currently. Don't think this is the status quo if you have trouble getting/staying in the game.
    seems to be the status quo now, stupid kids with nothing better to do, deliberately slowing down the game. first thing i did after purchase was setup the authenticator, so they shouldn't be able to steal my account. I used to get messages a year or so back about my then non existent GW2 account being hacked and stuff, was just spam.
    The Money-Pit 2011:
    MB: Asus M4A78LT-M CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 840 3.2Ghz RAM: Kingston 8GB (4x 2GB) DDR3 GPU: Sapphire Radeon HD 6850 1GB HDD: Seagate 500GB PSU: Antec TP-650 OS: Win 7 Home Premium 64-bit

My first tips for you as a new player:

1. There is a cog atop your bag inventory menu. Clicking on it and choosing "Deposit All Collectibles" will send any crafting materials to the extra crafting storage in your bank.
    2. So buy gathering tools pretty soon as everything gives you XP. Gathering grants XP, crafting grants XP, exploring grants XP, and even resurrecting other players grants XP.
    3. Since nearly everything grants xp, go wander around and do what you want.
    4. You can send and receive mail from anywhere in the game. It's done via the envelope icon atop the screen. The Black Lion Trading post also allows you to sell something on the trading post from anywhere in the game. You do have to go to a Trading Post agent to pick up anything you bought from the TP. Right clicking on an item in your inventory also grants you a short cut to selling an item on the Trading Post or mailing it.

5. Dodge and use your heal skill

Quote Originally Posted by zed zebes View Post

1. There is a cog atop your bag inventory menu. Clicking on it and choosing "Deposit All Collectibles" will send any crafting materials to the extra crafting storage in your bank.
    2. So buy gathering tools pretty soon as everything gives you XP. Gathering grants XP, crafting grants XP, exploring grants XP, and even resurrecting other players grants XP.
    3. Since nearly everything grants xp, go wander around and do what you want.
    4. You can send and receive mail from anywhere in the game. It's done via the envelope icon atop the screen. The Black Lion Trading post also allows you to sell something on the trading post from anywhere in the game. You do have to go to a Trading Post agent to pick up anything you bought from the TP. Right clicking on an item in your inventory also grants you a short cut to selling an item on the Trading Post or mailing it.

5. Dodge and use your heal skill
    Thanks for the info.
    The Money-Pit 2011:

I remember when I discovered that as a new player, MIND BLOWN.
    Still think it's a great feature.

Not just the XP, it's the easiest way for a new player to make gold.