Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Larsardion Vaergrim View Post
    *Reads people trying to justify DJ-ing as being difficult*

*Grabs a drink and popcorn*
    Cute.

Just like making electronic music is not difficult right? You just tell a computer to do something for you, and you have a track. Yeah.

OT: I almost exclusively go to DJ performances now. It's just what I like.

Hard to explain what that 4x4 kick does to me. Techno and house (Not EDM, fyi) just do it for me.
    Last edited by Rampant Rabbit; 2014-08-18 at 08:13 AM.

Just out of curiousity, is Andy C a wizard? I think I've seen him listed at every event for the last 15 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackmoves View Post

There are real live acts though, like Orbital, .
    I would love to see orbital!

Overall I would prefer to watch a good rock/metal concert or some other live instrument. I play bass guitar (poorly) and enjoyed watching Les Claypool and Flea play while being close to the stage..

I'm not so sure a dj would captivate me the same way. This is coming from someone who listens to a 50/50 mix of rock/metal vs EDM.

Quote Originally Posted by vrsick View Post
    I consider them more just big parties than concerts.
    Depends on what kind of place and night it is. Good night clubs often have a dedicated line-up, that have made their own act/show out of their DJ performance. And with that I mean that they have a steady grasp of what ind of atmosphere they want to create, compared to the crappy DJ's that are just there to be a crowd pleaser with the stuff they play.

Andy C is like the #1 Commercialized drum and bass artist up with pendulum. He was before pendulums time though. Andy C makes shit clowny dnb imo, its just not my flavour, but he is a master on the decks. Knows how to use turntables very well but they are long outdated now. Noone use the wheels of steel anymore.
    Last edited by Owarpwarp; 2014-08-18 at 08:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SL1200 View Post
    Deadmau5 isn't a dj he's what we call a producer. His opinion on the subject has been taken out of context and parroted by the ignorant.

Jeff Mills is a Dj. His video should dispell the notion you present pretty quickly.

Never thought I'd ever see someone dropping Jeff Mills on MMO-C.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by laggspike View Post
    if i go to a consert, i watch people play their instruments, not their space bar.

i've been a Dj before, and its quite easy to get into the habit of using the space bar as the other guys call it haha
    God you clearly have no idea what you're talking about. I recommend you to open your mind before entering a topic you know nothing about. It makes you seem less stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by dwightyo39 View Post
    I would love to see orbital!

Overall I would prefer to watch a good rock/metal concert or some other live instrument. I play bass guitar (poorly) and enjoyed watching Les Claypool and Flea play while being close to the stage..

I'm not so sure a dj would captivate me the same way. This is coming from someone who listens to a 50/50 mix of rock/metal vs EDM.
    They are great, seen them a few times. I started out playing bass guitar to btw, had a Fender Jazz Bass... played with my mates, then I sold it and got my first pair of decks... some +15 years ago. lol

A DJ performance will never captivate me the same way that a great live performance but there is more to it then that, a night out with a great DJ can be more enjoyable for me then a concert with a great band. The experience as a whole can be more enjoyable for me, the vibe and flow of the night.
    The nerve is called the "nerve of awareness". You cant dissect it. Its a current that runs up the center of your spine. I dont know if any of you have sat down, crossed your legs, smoked DMT, and watch what happens... but what happens to me is this big thing goes RRRRRRRRRAAAAAWWW! up my spine and flashes in my brain... well apparently thats whats going to happen if I do this stuff...

[QUOTE=Still Rampant Rabbit;28960709]Never thought I'd ever see someone dropping Jeff Mills on MMO-C.
    [QUOTE]

Saw Jeff Mills at Science Fiction with a huge multi genre lineup at the time. Was a pretty good night. Ferry Corsten, mills, Adam F and Fresh , felix, adam freeland

Quote Originally Posted by Owarpwarp View Post
    Andy C is like the #1 Commercialized drum and bass artist up with pendulum. He was before pendulums time though. Andy C makes shit clowny dnb imo, its just not my flavour, but he is a master on the decks. Knows how to use turntables very well but they are long outdated now. Noone use the wheels of steel anymore.
    Never been much into that kind of DnB, I've always liked the stuff released on for example Good Looking Records though, jazzy, harmonic DnB can be great.

One of my faves.
    Last edited by Jackmoves; 2014-08-18 at 08:40 AM.
    The nerve is called the "nerve of awareness". You cant dissect it. Its a current that runs up the center of your spine. I dont know if any of you have sat down, crossed your legs, smoked DMT, and watch what happens... but what happens to me is this big thing goes RRRRRRRRRAAAAAWWW! up my spine and flashes in my brain... well apparently thats whats going to happen if I do this stuff...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayburner View Post
    Explain to me please how you felt.
    I felt... well... Drunk. Hihi.

I normally don't go to concerts (it doesn't matter if it is rock or other kind of music), but that day i was at the Expo 98 event and every single day at 00.00H there was a concert, on that day we got a DJ.

Just be warned, don't ever mix beer with caipirinha... And other stuf, lol.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tommypilgrim View Post
    Saw Skrillex at the Leeds festival. It was shit. I figured he was only there to guard the laptop.
    Well, did you really expect more from Skrillex ?

OT: never really went to a single DJ show. Went to see C2C once, and to a few hardcore music shows with many different DJs (Thunderdome for example)

C2C was really good, they put on a show that's much more than music. Though it felt a bit too much prepared, not enough random things happening.

Bis shows are something very different, definitely worth it if you can get to a good one where DJs won't limit themselves to pre-recorded sets but will really do something different each time.

Good thing about them is that sometimes, you'll get something really unique. Rock bands will only play things they've learned together often for years, bad DJs will often play the same things they played for years without adding anything. But a good one can do something really different each time, making it interesting in a quite different way than most rock performance.
    Oh, hi.

Quote Originally Posted by laggspike View Post
    well, this was 9+ years ago anyway, i learned how to play bass/guitar and drums meanwhile, and now i can also play the piano/sax and trumpet instead of just standing there pretending i was a DJ (the name still sticks haha)
    So you learned how to press keys / pull strings / hitting drums according to a serie of notes that someone wrote on a piece of paper? Sounds hard.

See how easy it is make something look simple and as it requires no effort or skill.

Deleted
    Living in Holland, i pretty much struck the gold mine regarding DJ parties and gigs.
    Thing is, it´s usually not one DJ. It´s usually a whole day, where 10-15 DJ´s on several stages do their thing. And its not just house, its often a combination of house DJ´s, techno, hardstyle, etc. At the same time they have all this other fun stuff going on (ferris wheels, other rides, street performers, hooka tents, etc) which makes for an awesome day out. Those last from 12 pm to 12/1 am,
    Here´s some impressions.

Mysteryland

Freshtival

Dance Valley

TLDW: Booze, Booze, good music, Hot women, short skirts, dancing till you drop.
    Last edited by mmoc9478eb6901; 2014-08-18 at 11:20 AM.

I just went to Lollapalooza earlier this month. Saw a few people such as Skrillex, Brillz, Calvin Harris, etc.

been to tiesto & hardwell, both were amazing, crowds were bouncing before the djs even got on stage..
    check both videos below, theyre from the i am hardwell concert in Edinbugh ( july )

1st video is just before hardwell got on stage
    2nd video after he got on stage and started playing

(P.S these arent my videos & may wanna turn down audio abit if wearing earphones)

i think the concerts are more enjoyable if you like the music ( obviously ). im not the greatest fan of hardwell or tiesto but i had an amazing time at both events