Deleted

Avert harm on garrosh heroic

so im tanking Garrosh 25 man heroic (only to kite adds from p3 whirl tho)

okay so here is my problem, so we are using stack tatic (stacking on boss for the whole fight) and as a CD for one of the whirls in p2 i was using
    "avert harm"+ "zen meditation" but i got burned down in 0.3 sec, (we checked the logs) then i tryed doing it with Diffuse magic+zen meditation+Fortifying brew, but still i got burned down in less than 1 sec. is there any way to cheese that to actulay survive it?`(im mastery build btw)

thx for your help in advance^^

make sure you divert harm and then zen med, not the other way, casting anything while channeling zen med will cancel it. also make sure its glyphed to allow you to channel it while moving

im not sure what type of damage avert harm does, so diffuse magic might not work on that portion of the damage

Deleted
    i am using Avert harm first as Zen med is Channeling. and im using diffuse magic to not take any dmg from the whirl it self so that if i do drop to 10% and zen med drops i shouldnt die but for some reason i still do

Can you share the logs?

Deleted
    the ticks i get is roughly 13-18k each tick but i get 25 ticks at the time and i get like 4 ticks from each per sec

- - - Updated - - -

we are on him atm can get you logs after we are done.

You're honestly best just not using Avert Harm at all on 25H Garrosh. And the way AH/ZM works isn't the way you actually think it does. Since you get all of the ticks at once, it will push you over that 10% plateau and kill you before it can even trigger to cancel the AH effect. That cancellation effect will only trigger if it pushes you below 10% and you don't die from it.

In a 25m setting, don't think of AH as a raid cooldown, because it will kill you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Promdates View Post
    You're honestly best just not using Avert Harm at all on 25H Garrosh. And the way AH/ZM works isn't the way you actually think it does. Since you get all of the ticks at once, it will push over that 10% plateau and kill you before it can even trigger to cancel the AH effect. That cancellation effect will only trigger if it pushes you below 10% and you don't die from it.

In a 25m setting, don't think of AH as a raid cooldown, because it will kill you.
    we decided to stop using it as clearly it cant be handled with that ammount of dmg comming in.

and it is a great CD on the rest of the 25h fx. we are using it on sha/iron jag/thok/seige etc with 0 problem i guess its just the tick from the whirling that is to much for it

Quote Originally Posted by Lanne2456 View Post
    we decided to stop using it as clearly it cant be handled with that ammount of dmg comming in.

and it is a great CD on the rest of the 25h fx. we are using it on sha/iron jag/thok/seige etc with 0 problem i guess its just the tick from the whirling that is to much for it
    I've been known to use it as a personal CD for incoming magic damage, so I can stagger it. But there's no way I'm using AH as a raid cool down for a 25H raid. You are also making sure that you have enough people within 10 yards on those fights right? (sha/IJ/thok/siege). I'm also really interested to see your logs where you used it without any issues.

On 10mH garrosh I used to use AH as an extra CD to soak an extra Anihilate. Tried the same on 25mh and lol 1 shot when the next one landed.

It's really not good to use on 25m Heroic at all if there is a lot of burst damage hitting the raid at once. It's fine on 10m, or fine on 25m if you are only using it on say the melee/tanks but if the majority of the raid is going to get it + a lot of raid damage you are pretty much dead.

Avert harm is a great Annihilate soaking cooldown but I also use it for the first (for us only) Empowered whirling corruption along with Diffuse Magic to help reduce the incoming raid damage (along with a rallying cry since that's the time we're down the most cooldowns). If you use it when you're away from his EWC its not that much damage, even with 23 other people in it.
    Every time you say "Brewmasters need to stay at 40-60% to be optimal" your favorite deity kills 10 kittens. Here is how it actually works from the Sparkle Dragon's mouth
    Play Monster Hunter? Here's my FC: 1779-0791-2717

Thanks Shyama for the awesome Signature

If you are going to use AH as a raid cd then make sure to bank chi and purify the stagger as soon as your dot jumps in dmg ticks.

Deleted
    If you die that quickly you probably shouldn't use it at all, unless you can get a vigilance/PS/Sac. With better gear you can just use it and eat the damage with good healers, alternatively Guard+Fort+AH and you should be more than fine even with 575.

Just thinking out loud here.. Couldn't you still use Avert Harm on 25H Garrosh if you just had a couple of dmg reduction CDs thrown on you? There's usually tons to spare between Pain Supp/Vigilance/Hand of Sac/Iron Bark. Just throw 2-3 of them on you before you pop it. With those on top of Diffuse Magic I would think you should be okay.. or at least healable.