Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Prepare for Battle: The Pre-Expansion Iron Horde Incursion

Prepare for Battle: The Pre-Expansion Iron Horde Incursion
    It looks like the Patch 6.0 PTR might be coming soon! Be sure to check out our preview of the changes to Blasted Lands and this UBRS video.

Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker)
    Get ready for first contact with the Iron Horde—oh, and you’ll probably want to prepare yourself for battle. Over the next few weeks, we’ll be testing a pre-expansion patch that will bring players to the brink of great peril, as the Iron Horde begins to aggressively gain a foothold on Azeroth.

As part of this patch, players will encounter fierce new opponents and get their first chance to experience a number of updates we’re making to the game. In addition to changes to the skills and abilities for every class, this patch will introduce brand new features such as 20-player Mythic-difficulty Siege of Orgrimmar, as well as systems adjustments including stat squish and diminishing returns on crowd control. The next chapter in the World of Warcraft saga is coming at you armed to the teeth.

Treacherous Developments
    The Dark Portal in the Blasted Lands has turned blood red. Hundreds of strange-looking orcs are violently pouring into Azeroth, killing everything that stands in their path. Nethergarde and Okril’lon have already fallen, and while the Horde and the Alliance moved as quickly as they could to get reinforcements to their people, they are too late. The Iron Horde invasion has begun.

In this desperate hour, King Wrynn and Warchief Vol’jin have called upon their greatest champions to join the front lines in the Blasted Lands and do whatever they can to stop the Iron Horde . . . before the rest of Azeroth falls before them.

Word of this surprise attack sends players rushing to the Blasted Lands to reckon with the barbarous infiltration. After the fall of a high ranking Iron Horde general named Gar’mak Bladetwist, you’ll report what you’ve witnessed in the Blasted Lands to King Wrynn or Warchief Vol’jin. It’s apparent to both the Horde and the Alliance that this is only the first salvo in a much larger conflict, and the only way to win is to take the fight directly to the Iron Horde . . . by journeying through the Dark Portal into Draenor.

The Infiltration of Blackrock Spire
    An advance party of Iron Horde forces has barged right out of the Blasted Lands and pushed all the way to Blackrock Mountain, where they found refuge and supplies in Upper Blackrock Spire. There can be only one response: the Alliance and the Horde of Azeroth must face this iron incursion head on.

Available to level-90 characters for a limited time, this specially revamped five-player version of Upper Blackrock Spire sets the stage for the coming counterstrike against the Iron Horde. Here, you will face Orebender Gor'ashan, Kyrak, and Commander Tharbek as you begin to take the fight to the enemy and sharpen the skills (and swords) you’ll need to succeed on an unwelcoming alien world.

Draenor is waiting.
    Last edited by chaud; 2014-08-14 at 09:14 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    ...This on Beta or what.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Oh my goodness when when when when when is PTR going to be up?
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

10+ Year Old Account
    Holy mother of.. sweet!

Was hard to find this post xD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    ...This on Beta or what.
    The first sentence states it'll be on the PTR, so I guess it'll be on the PTR then, don't you think?
    Faith Alone is Not Enough to Stop all the Enemies of the Light!
    - Retribution Paladin since 2007.

Burning Blade EU

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    Jesus christ, I just agreed with Jaylock. I need to go and have a shower.

LE GASP!! I'mma not go there and try it but it really does show that things are moving now!

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    ...This on Beta or what.

It's funny how you rushed to be the first comment but couldn't bother reading the first line of the post.

Lok'tar friend, what is it you wish?
    lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Already done the quest chain as Alliance on beta. Nothing overly special, but is a nice start to the expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Darchow View Post
    The first sentence states it'll be on the PTR, so I guess it'll be on the PTR then, don't you think?
    it also was up on beta

Deleted
    I guess it's on LIVE first week of October... or October 14th.

I haven't looked forward to an expansion so much since 2008. Thank you, Blizzard. It maybe a few months late in getting here - but I feel it'll be worth the wait!

Quote Originally Posted by Darchow View Post
    Actually, it says "testing", which could also mean the Beta. No guarantee the 6.0 PTR will have content to test.
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

Much better than Mists' pre-expansion event but still something you can complete in a couple hours while alt+tabbing and then log off for the rest of the month.
    Blizzard has forgone the route of taking risks with their stories and has decided that
    pandering to the rebellious pre-teen mindset is a safer bet. Thanks Metzen.

Deleted
    Actually, it says "testing", which could also mean the Beta. No guarantee the 6.0 PTR will have content to test.
    It looks like the Patch 6.0 PTR is coming soon
    ??? Idk, i think that's pretty conclusive.

Quote Originally Posted by darknessxpersists View Post
    lol
    lmao... I was thinking the same thing!
    i9 9900K | Aorus Z390 Master | 32GB DDR4 | 2080 Ti | LG-UK650W

Deleted
    It seems a bit underwhelming compared to the plague before Wrath and the elemental war before cata.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by darknessxpersists View Post
    lol
    Haha, my thoughts exactly!
    Warlock (SL main)

Quote Originally Posted by Minti - Lightbringer View Post
    ??? Idk, i think that's pretty conclusive.
    But that part wasn't posted by Blizzard, which means there is at least some speculation on the part of chaud which may not be 100% accurate.