10+ Year Old Account

Steadily climbing GPU temp at idle (560Ti)

Wondering if anyone has seen this before:

Story:
    Went away for a week or so, left the PC on and was using it remotely. (nothing I don't normally do) Came back everything still working, although after a reboot for some install I did shortly after I got back computer seemingly crashed. Turns out that the filters were clogged with dust. So powered off, cleaned them out (thankfully the inside of the case was/is pretty much dust free, guess that Fractal Design Define R4 with positive airflow actually works!) However my GPU2 temp although starting from a lower ambient temp is still steadily increasing in temp right up till it peaks at about 105C and shuts itself down. (note I have done this once while playing Metal Gear Solid REVENGANCE and I saw no artifacts or anything on the screen to indicate that anything was wrong with the GPU. However the images were taken where the only usage was startup and load MSI Afterburner or HWMonitor, both taken at separate power ups)

- - - Updated - - -

Interestingly... after opening the case (taking the side off, nothing else) I now get a Fan Tachometer reading.
    Last edited by Djinni; 2014-08-14 at 08:59 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gave the whole machine a good dust out today, (although to be honest, there was virtually no dust inside the case which is a big improvement over previous setup's I have done)
    Turns out that the GPU Fans are no longer spinning freely. (And I always take care to ensure that the fans are stationary when I blast the machine with the air compressor, usually about 10 chopsticks does the job :P)

So after I finished I put the card on test, one fan spins extremely slowly, the other not at all. Regardless of the temp that it is at.
    Apparently the warranty is good until September 20th so going to see if its possible to return it under warranty but just in-case that doesn't pan out. Does anyone have any suggestions for a replacement?

I have a GT 610 I'm currently using to "drive" the TV with just to avoid using the on-board graphics (which for whatever reason doesn't like using certain codecs. But am now using as my primary GPU until I can get a fix.
    The 560Ti still performs well enough for me, and runs most things at reasonably high settings so something of similar performance would be fine. Although I wouldn't mind upgrading it to something that can handle 4+ screens as I do plan on going triple monitor +1 TV in the "near" future.

10+ Year Old Account
    So,
    The replacement has now arrived and I was a little surprised to see that this is what I got back:

What are we looking for again, I'm confused. Almost like you answered your own thread.

10+ Year Old Account
    Got no responses. Figured I ma as well update the thread with the result...

Anyway, turns out that that the fans had gone on the cooler causing it to overheat.
    Sent it back under warranty for a repair.
    I got back a MSI 560Ti Hawk (TwinFrozor 3) instead of the TwinFrozor2 I sent in. Not a terrible turnaround time though. Was gone maybe a little over 2 weeks? and a free upgrade

Fair enough, GG customer support.

Always love when u get shiny new stuff from warranty. My 6850 died on me out of nowhere and there wasnt any in stock so they just gave me my moneyback so I added just a little bit more and got a 660. Then my mechanical keyboard ( SS 6Gv2 <3 ) which I bought from them after 1 year of use decided to make my "P" letter not work so just for a letter I went to warranty and got a shiny new one. Another sweet thing was the keyboard cost 25% more now than I payed for it.