Deleted

Thok 10HC Healing Resto Shaman

Hi Guys,

I am wondering if there is anyone that can give me some advise on resto shammy healing for thok 10HC. I can't post links to armory or logs But I am on EU draenor character named Rhyfel in Stance Dance Revolution. And we use warcraftlogs and this is the report location /reports/pMaKVmtQj6zDg2Bb.

Anyway I am trying to get some better healing numbers, I think we are doing fine but feel like I could be doing more. I am mainly concentrating on keeping Healing Rain down, HST on CD, and spamming glyphed riptide. I am struggling to see where CH fits in since its only just castable between screeches, and wonder if I am better of spot healing with HS inbetween riptide renewals.

Just wanted to know how others tackle it. We got him down to 9% last night, we just need to tighten up the execution of the fight.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rhyfel View Post
    Hi Guys,

I am wondering if there is anyone that can give me some advise on resto shammy healing for thok 10HC. I can't post links to armory or logs But I am on EU draenor character named Rhyfel in Stance Dance Revolution. And we use warcraftlogs and this is the report location /reports/pMaKVmtQj6zDg2Bb.

Anyway I am trying to get some better healing numbers, I think we are doing fine but feel like I could be doing more. I am mainly concentrating on keeping Healing Rain down, HST on CD, and spamming glyphed riptide. I am struggling to see where CH fits in since its only just castable between screeches, and wonder if I am better of spot healing with HS inbetween riptide renewals.

Just wanted to know how others tackle it. We got him down to 9% last night, we just need to tighten up the execution of the fight.

Thanks
    Don't use CH. Choose one of two ways:

1. Riptide blanketing with the glyph, use times between screeches to refresh healing rain (with UE when possible).
    2. Conductivity, keep a single riptide, and use CH on the riptide target to extend the HR, or HS in later screeches.

Don't mix them since when spamming riptide and then using CH, you'll fall behind on refreshing riptide and it'll fall off.

You need to keep the uptime of healing rain and riptide higher. Here's your healing rain during the first acceleration round:

http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/...&ability=73921

There are gaps there, there really shouldn't be any gaps. Making sure healing rain is on the ground for every screech is the most important.

Here is your riptide uptime on the raid during that period, average uptime 54%:

http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/...1295&target=54

Aim to get closer to 90% there.

Keep refreshing riptide in the same order rather than healing the one who needs it -- regularity is key to ensure higher uptime. Select either a clockwise or counter-clockwise order and go on the raid frames in that same order to refresh riptide without deviation, stopping only for healing rain / cooldowns, or HS on the tank if needed.

Deleted
    OK thanks for that, I will try this on Tuesday. The one thing I find annoying is I end up waiting for UE to come of CD before HR, but maybe I just need to csat HR regardless if its not of CD yet.

Your right about the falling behind on the RT, and it was one thing I felt was difficult.

Also I usually get a BoP for ascendance, is it worth casting CH then, or would the BoP be better used on our Disc priest, while I just maintain RT/HR?

And I still think HST is a great spell, so I assume that its the best if not taking conductivity?

Thanks again

Yes don't wait for UE, use it if you can have it ready in time before the screech but if it's on CD or the GCD will enter the time between screeches and prevent casting HR, don't use it and cast HR without UE.

When I did 10 mans, I used riptide blanketing with rushing streams. I think Ancestral guidance can be viable here too due to the short cooldown, but I didn't personally use it. One problem is that if the kite phase is too short, 3min cooldowns aren't up again for the second acceleration phase -- AG can help there if you lack healing and the phase is too short.

Another option is to extend the kite phase so that 3 min CDs will be up again but that's harder in 10 mans, in 25 mans we use multiple lock portals for that.

In 25 mans I switched to conductivity/CH since I felt rushing streams is weaker (2 people in 10 man cover 20% of the raid but only 8% in 25 man), and there aren't enough GCDs to keep riptide on all 25 people. We also have several palas in 25 mans for devotion auras / BoP, allowing more CH casts. But some are using conductivity in 10 mans as well with good results.

In 10 mans with riptides I didn't need BoP -- ascendance was strong enough with the healing rain and riptides ticking, didn't need stronger healing while ascendance was up. I don't know enough about disc priests, ask him if he can utilize it better. Another option is to save it for a DPS player on the bats so they go down faster.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Koor View Post
    Yes don't wait for UE, use it if you can have it ready in time before the screech but if it's on CD or the GCD will enter the time between screeches and prevent casting HR, don't use it and cast HR without UE.

When I did 10 mans, I used riptide blanketing with rushing streams. I think Ancestral guidance can be viable here too due to the short cooldown, but I didn't personally use it. One problem is that if the kite phase is too short, 3min cooldowns aren't up again for the second acceleration phase -- AG can help there if you lack healing and the phase is too short.

Another option is to extend the kite phase so that 3 min CDs will be up again but that's harder in 10 mans, in 25 mans we use multiple lock portals for that.

In 25 mans I switched to conductivity/CH since I felt rushing streams is weaker (2 people in 10 man cover 20% of the raid but only 8% in 25 man), and there aren't enough GCDs to keep riptide on all 25 people. We also have several palas in 25 mans for devotion auras / BoP, allowing more CH casts. But some are using conductivity in 10 mans as well with good results.

In 10 mans with riptides I didn't need BoP -- ascendance was strong enough with the healing rain and riptides ticking, didn't need stronger healing while ascendance was up. I don't know enough about disc priests, ask him if he can utilize it better. Another option is to save it for a DPS player on the bats so they go down faster.
    Didn't think of that with the bats. Thanks for the advice, gives me lots to work with on our next try

Use AG. AG far outperforms the other two options (it does on 25's also), since it's a 2 minute cooldown its up for every stacked phase, using it properly can carry the group through a few roars. Blanket with Riptide, keep HR down, then let AG and Ascendance do the heavy lifting, blow one right after placing a HR for max potential. CH is just too slow on this fight to bother with, HS is generally my go-to if someone doesn't get smart healed inbetween a roar.

We 2 heal it in our 10man HM's, with a resto druid as the other healer, usually.. And I use conductivity. I blanket with riptide and HS to keep the HR down with conductivity as CH is just too slow a cast time towards the end of the stack phase. I only chain heal at the start of the stack phase, when I get a BoP (which is when I pop ascendance - usually by around 12-15 stacks) and then when devo aura is up (by 18 stacks). Otherwise I use HS to keep the HR down. I also use my AS to get an instant HR down at around 22 stacks as well. And that along with HT is enough to keep the raid up and going until 29 stacks.

I tried it with AG when we 2 heal, but I found conductivity suited me better and I spammed HS with it and CH during the earlier stacks and HST on c/d so we can escape from using c/d's earlier in the stack phase.. And it gave me more constant raid healing and I personally found it easier to just maintain the HR for longer with a quicker cast time HS. That's just my personal preference.

To be honest, it depends on who the other healers are, what c/d's you have available in the raid as well.

Deleted
    Thanks for the advice again guys. We downed it tonight and I used the riptide spam and keeping healing rain down. I used rushing streams and found this really worked well for us. We also tried to 2 heal and we got it down on the 3rd pull of 2 healing.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Just get enough haste to cast CH between screeches (around 9k or so) keep HR down, and just CH off a riptide player.