Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Now the real mystery here is: why are you dpsing the massive golem? XD
    N

Deleted
    Am i the only one that goes into lfr, ignores the chat and try to get as high as possible on the meter so that shit is over faster ?

Also when i'm on a dual spec dps/tank and i see 1 of the 2 tanks suck i just tell chat i'm speccing tank too as a backup. Most of the time it works

Welcome to pugs, where bad players think they are the best players ever and can do no wrong, they will continue to be horrible at this game for that reason.

Quote Originally Posted by daytonbrown View Post
    Unless you think the tank is afk, saying "Please tank" is very rude.

If you are pulling aggro, it's your fault, not the tank's. Hit Escape and stop attacking until you drop the aggro.
    This is MoP not TBC or Vanilla, if you are pulling aggro it is the tanks fault, threat really shouldn't be a issue unless they haven't even hit the mob yet.

Obi-wan said it best, "LFR: You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy."

Deleted
    This must be the new League of Looking for Raid.

Deleted
    You know you're a sad elitist when... you're heroic geared in LFR and telling others what they are and what to do.

I appreciate you guys comming to LFR and boosting the whole DPS because as a former raider I have very little tolerance against bad players and slackers but please just shut up. It only causes drama and unnecesary delay because some people can't control their ego. Just shut up and kindly point out to any mistakes you see- any excessive or double meaning comments like "please tank" will open up a shitstorm that will very possibly go on for the whole raid duration.

Otherwise please bring more of your friends to LFR because sometimes it's a real pain to watch players do half of what their class is capable of.

Deleted
    It is a rule to never, ever, speak in a LFR as a soon as you do you paint a big target on your head.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's easy to address issues that are causing repeated grief in LFR, be assertive and learn how to frame your arguments properly. Even the most immature players give up quickly if you know how to approach them.
    Last edited by Radio; 2014-08-16 at 03:08 PM.

I remember in the last LFR run I made I told people not to pull the Blackfuse trash as we can skip it. I was met with the usual "?????"-s in chat but i did not care, and the pure panic when they were dragged on the platform before the trash pack and the fear that they will get banned for this was more epic than anything I have seen in LFRs so far

Quote Originally Posted by NickCageFanatic View Post
    You know you are a sad elitist when you have to troll LFR by doing stupid shit to purposely cause grievance and wipes.

But it's ok, you're 14/14 Heroic, no one can tell you how to play.
    actually from my experience those who clear whole tier on hc are behaving quite deceent in lfr - the worst are those who each tier just take a bit in hc (like being in 8-11hc range atm) - those are absolutely worst - the see themselves as god gift for lfr and everyone should obey them when most people who are decent at game could point out point after point how shit they are at actual playing their class and how many things they are doin plainly awefully wrong

I did a flex run y/day with some people from my realm. we were on comms since it was a run for new people to learn the ropes.

We wiped on Thok and the prot pally was doing 35k dps, his self healing was non existent and he hit shield of the righteous 5 times in a 5 min wipe.

I whispered him with "my mains a prot pally, if I may offer some advice..." and give him a few tips. He replies in whisper "yea but I have symbi I'm saving my holy power for barkskin" (err lol)
    I tell him thats not what his prio should be and then he explodes on mumble "will that fucking tit telling me how to play please shut the fuck up because its getting very irritating, I KNOW how to play my class". This is from a dude thats almost 550 item level and didn't cast judgment once as a prot pala for 3 bosses.

Since the whole point of the run was to help less experienced people I was a bit gobsmacked. I kinda like helping people and this was a run designed to help people, then you get some know it all fucktard who can't play for shit thinking hes God's gift to tanks. Lesson learned. I'll just keep my mouth shut in future and make liberal use of the kick button.

If that makes me elitist then so be it. I'd rather be that than what he is.

Quote Originally Posted by daytonbrown View Post
    Unless you think the tank is afk, saying "Please tank" is very rude.

If you are pulling aggro, it's your fault, not the tank's. Hit Escape and stop attacking until you drop the aggro.
    Have you even played WoW since cata? They set it up so tanks pull super high argo so even a ilvl 460 tank can hold arggo vs top geared dps.

If the tank lose's argo its there fault...point blank simple.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Have you even played WoW since cata? They set it up so tanks pull super high argo so even a ilvl 460 tank can hold arggo vs top geared dps.

If the tank lose's argo its there fault...point blank simple.
    Have you played MoP? Welcome to 100+ ilvl differences, that's still an issue with threat.
    ( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    The fun factor would go up 1000x if WQs existed in vanilla

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elgierro View Post
    Am i the only one that goes into lfr, ignores the chat and try to get as high as possible on the meter so that shit is over faster ?

Also when i'm on a dual spec dps/tank and i see 1 of the 2 tanks suck i just tell chat i'm speccing tank too as a backup. Most of the time it works
    You aren't the only one friend. Was like twice as high as the second dps and the rest were sitting in 50k dps while I was at 250k...

I never understood LFR or why Blizzard keeps it. I mean, I am glad changes are met in WoD but why not remove it? It can't get more worse than it is now with a system so toxic that the majority of the community members recognize that flaw, and that they have been losing subs for so long now.

Stop making these threads, really.

If everyone were to screencap and share their LFR misshap there wouldn't be room for anything else on this forum.

You can make argument for both sides, but honestly who gives a shit when since this was posted we've prolly have 500+ similar situations.
    Tank+lfr+text chat makes for easy missunderstandings aswell.

Well, from your post it seems you pissed off the tanks.

Tanks... pretty much anywhere, usually takes something as simple as 'please tank' as an insult towards them as in 'you're terrible, do a better job tanking please'. Most tanks no matter how good of a player you are nor how few mistakes you make, a wipe will either be blamed on you or the healer. Becomes natural to assume everything is an attack...
    A dps will get called out for being bad on occation but as a vast majority of you guys know, you can get away with everything as a dps. You're actually better off afking as a dps than dpsing if you're bad at the game... the chance of people looking at ur low damage and kicking you is higher than the chances of them noticing that there's 1 dps missing...

Being called elitist for absurd reasons isn't a new thing though, didn't just come around with lfr. Back in lk i raided high end and took care of hunter applications, so of course if a hunter with int gems applies I'd decline him asap... this lead to being spammed by a bunch of 12 year olds claiming more int meant less aspect of the viper for a total of more dps... apparently claiming int isnt for hunters was enough to make me elitist...

tldr: Hostile envioment breeds hostile behaviour

Quote Originally Posted by Forsedar View Post
    I 100% believe this story.
    Are you really so full of yourself that you can't see you are using the exact same viewpoint, except reversing the roles? Everyone who has done LFR enough has had some bad experiences. Everyone has also had smooth ones. They just remember the terrible ones. Same deal goes with player interactions. I don't remember the last nice person I met who I didn't already know. I remember a few idiots from this week alone.

Their viewpoint and yours, is unfairly so towards the other group. I'm sure you've been in groups where you were the RL people listened to you, but also ones where there is no hope but to leave. Some of them has probably been carried big time by such raid leaders in LFR when the content was new for them. They also only remember the asshole 580+ geared person who would have a 4hr+ kick immunity and would spam meters every trashpull and send insults to those who didn't beat them with 90 less ilvls.

Also, wether your ideas were good or not doesn't matter. They have a specific tactic they've most likely learned through LFR and would rather do a tactic they know than do something "some elitist scum" would suggest, because they don't actually know if it works.

LFR is meant for the people you describe. Wether it's pleasant or not when the majority of the group is like that is another story. In general, one good (not necessarily well geared) healer and a tank who knows what to do is enough. LFR is literally tourist mode where if you are part of the fight or not isn't too big of a deal. They just made SoO not friendly towards that. If too many healers are tourists on some fights, they become impossible. Not the case in general with DS/T14/ToT with some exceptions of course.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zdrasti View Post
    He's telling you upfront what's going to take. It's not ninja looting. It's pirate looting! YAARRRR!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jinze View Post
    I quite literally only said "please tank".
    Picture hearing that as a tank, vs hearing "please taunt". One extra letter goes a long way, it's more specific, and less likely to be taken wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Amature View Post
    Picture hearing that as a tank, vs hearing "please taunt". One extra letter goes a long way, it's more specific, and less likely to be taken wrong.
    "Please taunk."
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

Quote Originally Posted by Amature View Post
    I completely agree. "Please tank" implies that the tank isn't doing his job. "Please taunt" on the other hand only implies "I drew aggro; take this mob off me". Of course, when you're the other tank, the latter also implies the tank isn't doing his job but sometimes it's the only way to get them to finally swap when you have 10 stacks of Sundering Blow