Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Explore the Warlords of Draenor Collector’s Edition, Box Art

Update: The Digital Deluxe edition will also have Hearthstone card backs.

Explore the Warlords of Draenor Collector’s Edition
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    Want to level up your Warlords of Draenor experience? Take a look inside the Collector’s Edition, which contains a host of rare and commemorative items to aid your epic struggle against the might of the Iron Horde.

Check with your local retailer for additional details and availability—and if you’re hoping to score a copy, be sure to lock in your preorder soon, because supplies are limited.

The Warlords of Draenor Collector’s Edition includes:

• World of Warcraft: Warlords of Draenor — Get the full version of Warlords of Draenor on DVD-ROM.
    • Behind-the-Scenes DVD and Blu-ray Two-Disc Set — Meet the development team behind the creation of Draenor and its savage warlords. This two-disc set includes over an hour of creators’ commentary, insider interviews, and developer roundtables.
    • Collector’s Edition Soundtrack — Immerse yourself in the sounds of war with the complete Warlords of Draenor orchestral soundtrack on CD.
    • The Art of Warlords of Draenor — Witness the visual evolution of the expansion in this beautifully bound tome of exclusive Warlord of Draenor art. Through 160 pages of concept pieces, finished illustrations, and CG images, you'll delve into the art team’s vision for a Draenor under siege by the apocalyptic threat of the Iron Horde.
    • Blackhand Mouse Pad — Arm yourself with a special-edition mouse pad emblazoned with the deadly warlord Blackhand.
    • Epic In-Game Content
      • World of Warcraft Dread Raven Mount and Dread Hatchling Pet — Descend from the skies on the back of a black-winged Dread Raven mount, a mortal progeny of Anzu. Then devour your prey in your next pet battle with the adorably ferocious Dread Hatchling.
      • StarCraft II Portraits — Summon the strength of two deadly Iron Horde war chiefs—Grommash Hellscream and Blackhand—as you take on the Dominion with these two StarCraft II portraits.
      • Diablo III Warsong Pennant — Don this battle-worn pennant and channel the rage of the Warsong Clan against the demonic forces of Sanctuary.
      • Hearthstone Card Back — Your adventures in Draenor will be the talk of the tavern after outfitting your champion’s deck with this custom card back forged in the fires of Blackrock.

Remember, one character boost to level 90 is included in the Collector’s Edition, retail and digital standard editions, and Digital Deluxe Edition of the Warlords of Draenor expansion. For more information on the content and features, check out our Warlords of Draenor web page.

Warlords of Draenor Collectors Edition on Sale Now
    The US version of the Collector's Edition is now being sold for $90 on Amazon.

Warlords of Draenor Box Art
    Amazon also has nice high res versions of the Warlords of Draenor Box Art.

Last edited by chaud; 2014-08-15 at 05:25 AM.

Deleted
    90 $? holy shit that's expensive

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    Of course. Thus, collectors item.

Thumbs down

$90?? You've got to be kidding.... the Cata and MoP boxes weren't this expensive. I got the stupid preorder online when it first came out. NO way am I wasting money on this. What a load of crap. I doubt they'll take off anything from the set price if you've already preordered. Maybe if it came with a month of game time.
    Last edited by SanityGdiaf; 2014-08-15 at 12:03 AM.

For a CE it is among the cheaper ones that I have seen, especially in the last few years with $150+ CE's for PS3/4 and Xbox because of giant statues and other things. I've seen my brother spend $250 on one CE because of said statue that was included.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

Huh wonder if they will update the digital CE with the hearthstone card backs.

Compared to prior collector's editions this one is definitely insane expensive. But if you think about it a regular game is $60 and that only includes the disc and manual.. This one includes a LOT more, $90 is nothing compared to the amount of stuff included.

Quote Originally Posted by Blinksworth View Post
    Of course. Thus, collectors item.
    its a shame that this comment is true..all the apparently good things in the world are always expensive, despite quality usually being average..just like this xpac! BAM!

To people finding too expensive: Then I guess it's not for you?

To myself: I sure hope my pre-order for this was received properly...I think I'mma phone the seller to make sure...:d

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hooky View Post
    its a shame that this comment is true..all the apparently good things in the world are always expensive, despite quality usually being average..just like this xpac! BAM!
    Don't be daft, if you are referring to WoD, you haven't played the xpac yet so your BAM! is in fact just a "poof...". If you are referring to MoP...well, subjectivity. I've never been let down by the CE's so far.

I'm really annoyed that they didnt add that heartstone back to the digital collectors edition. I would have really liked that.

Deleted
    That is insane, got that mount and pet but still. Couple of cd:s. Does cd:s make that price higher? Omagaad. I know that "boxes goes high price after release" but still.

Deleted
    90$?
    No thanks,especially since its the same like all the other CE's. A soundtrack that I can easily download from YouTube,including the soundtrack from future patches that the CE does not include,dumb SC II and Diablo III portraits/banners,behind the scenes (that I can again,download myself),an artbook and guess what,a mousepad. I can't see what exactly is worth 90$ here?
    Last edited by mmocb3bae280f1; 2014-08-15 at 12:10 AM.

Pretty expensive, but I'm a sucker for WoW CEs. In b4 whines about exclusive "pay2win" HS back.
    Stay salty my friends.

I've got the Vanilla, BC, and WOTLK CEs, and I stopped there. Everything since has been standard digital edition, including my WoD preorder which I made only recently.

1. I don't need or want murlock pets.
    2. WoD is all about ugly iron horde crap, which is fine but I don't need or want their ugly mount or pet.
    3. Aside from one or two listens of the soundtracks, the CEs didn't do anything for me, so it didn't make sense to keep buying them.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Krommm View Post
    Pretty expensive, but I'm a sucker for WoW CEs. In b4 whines about exclusive "pay2win" HS back.
    I think it's going to be added to the digital CE aswell.

People complaining about how expensive these are apparently don't remember that every single CE since Vanilla used to be $80. Sure, this is more expensive (by a grand total of $10) but that's just because WoD in general costs $10 more.

I don't see how at $80 people are like "OK yeah that's fine" but at $90 all of a sudden it's "OMG how is this so expensive nothing in here is worth it."

Quote Originally Posted by SanityGdiaf View Post
    $90?? You've got to be kidding.... the Cata and MoP boxes weren't this expensive. I got the stupid preorder online when it first came out. NO way am I wasting money on this. What a load of crap. I doubt they'll take off anything from the set price if you've already preordered. Maybe if it came with a month of game time.
    It's only $10 more than the other CEs. If an extra $10s is too much, then don't get it. And $90 was the set price when it was announced as well. This isn't "new" information.
    Having an optimistic attitude may not help reach your goals, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort...

Quote Originally Posted by Lockula View Post
    Huh wonder if they will update the digital CE with the hearthstone card backs.
    This is what I want to know. Will those of us that already paid get access to this card back?

Quote Originally Posted by smartazjb0y View Post
    People complaining about how expensive these are apparently don't remember that every single CE since Vanilla used to be $80. Sure, this is more expensive (by a grand total of $10) but that's just because WoD in general costs $10 more.

I don't see how at $80 people are like "OK yeah that's fine" but at $90 all of a sudden it's "OMG how is this so expensive nothing in here is worth it."
    Came here to post exactly this.

As someone who paid AUD$2000 for an original vanilla CE on ebay, I find complaints of a $10 price increase hard to take seriously. Not to mention I pay US$180 a year just to play. Twice, since I dual box...

I mean, if you're a collector you're putting your hand up for the pricey option.

It's always about that.
    Last edited by Mormolyce; 2014-08-15 at 12:40 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.