Page 1 of 17
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Blizzard seems happy MoP is about to end

At gamescon i saw a funny statement by Chris metzen after showing the animated series something around these lines(can't 100% remember the exact words) "This is no longer a childish expansion, We are going back to our own roots".

It felt like Blizzard is done with MoP and we prob wont see anything like it for a while or ever :P

And i can't agree more, MoP is great and it was a good expansion but i prefer the WC theme over pandas any day of the week.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

MoP was a bunch of bullshit yo

14 months of SoO, who would NOT want it to end?
    Quote Originally Posted by RedGamer030 View Post
    I do not need to be constructive in this thread, nor provide an argument. There is nothing here to actually debate. Your reasoning is flawed and thusly you have no argument.
    ↑ Epitome of Internet Logic

Herald of the Titans Putin-Chan's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    I like pandas more than orcs, orcs are here, there and everywhere.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Last Starfighter View Post
    MoP was a bunch of bullshit yo
    Not really no, it was just as fun as the others. The next one will be no different.

Technically speaking, Blizzard has been done with MoP for a year now. Since 5.4 they've been full-steam ahead WoD-mode.

But it will be nice for Warcraft to actually feel like Warcraft again, it's something I feel has been missing for a while now and I think Blizzard knows that too.
    You just lost The Game

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MurlocWarlock View Post
    I like pandas more than orcs, orcs are here, there and everywhere.
    Lol it's funny how this shit spreads like a virus.

WoD cinematic releases.

Someone goes, "There's no Alliance in this! Only horde!" because they're clueless and misinformed.

Suddenly forums are blowing up with posts about how WoD is another "Orc expansion" (lol) and how we've had nothing but orcs now for 4 to 6 years (again, lol). And it just keeps spreading and evolving until eventually it turns into shit that's so ridiculous that you can't help but just laugh at it. Deathwing was an orc, pandaren were really orcs in disguise, every boss in every raid and dungeon was an orc, all mobs in all zones are orcs, our characters are all orcs when we pvp, we pick up quests from orcs to find more orcs and orc related things, our items and gear are all orc themed, all factions are orcs. Yeah. See my point?
    Ryzen 9 5900X/Trident Z Neo 32GB 3600 CL16/AORUS 1080 Ti Xtreme/Crosshair VIII Hero Wi-Fi/Arctic Liquid Freezer II 240/Optane 900p 3D XPoint/EVGA SuperNOVA 1200 P2/Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL/Steelcase Leap/BenQ XL2411Z/Philips Fidelio X2HR/Noppoo Choc Mini (RIP Reckful)/Razer Viper Ultimate/QcK Heavy

I like how they're trying to paint Mists of Pandaria as 'childish' when they themselves claimed that it would be a brutal and gritty expansion.

Dude, it's because Pandas were super wack. I don't care how dark you say MoP was at times, it was never as fucking BEAST as orcs vs. humans and I think the WoW team forgot that for a second great heroes like the Orc warlords and the human gangsters with all this Sha bullshit and pussy ass Lorewalker Cho and Taran Zhugetsmyasswhoopedallday.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Caesius Baelthar View Post
    I like how they're trying to paint Mists of Pandaria as 'childish' when they themselves claimed that it would be a brutal and gritty expansion.
    I don't remember them saying that. Maybe they did somewhere, but I don't remember it at all. I do remember them saying that about WoD however. And judging by the cinematic, I think they're telling the truth.
    Ryzen 9 5900X/Trident Z Neo 32GB 3600 CL16/AORUS 1080 Ti Xtreme/Crosshair VIII Hero Wi-Fi/Arctic Liquid Freezer II 240/Optane 900p 3D XPoint/EVGA SuperNOVA 1200 P2/Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL/Steelcase Leap/BenQ XL2411Z/Philips Fidelio X2HR/Noppoo Choc Mini (RIP Reckful)/Razer Viper Ultimate/QcK Heavy

Quote Originally Posted by Tucci View Post
    Lol it's funny how this shit spreads like a virus.

WoD cinematic releases.

Someone goes, "There's no Alliance in this! Only horde!" because they're clueless and misinformed.

Suddenly forums are blowing up with posts about how WoD is another "Orc expansion" (lol) and how we've had nothing but orcs now for 4 to 6 years (again, lol). And it just keeps spreading and evolving until eventually it turns into shit that's so ridiculous that you can't help but just laugh at it. Deathwing was an orc, pandaren were really orcs in disguise, every boss in every raid and dungeon was an orc, all mobs in all zones are orcs, our characters are all orcs when we pvp, we pick up quests from orcs to find more orcs and orc related things, our items and gear are all orc themed, all factions are orcs. Yeah. See my point?

Also fully agree, just smile and keep nodding at these misinformed kids who started WoW at MoP, thinking Orcs are wack or something. Orcs are beasts and idgaf if they deleted every race but Orcs and Humans, keep in mind that Warcraft is based around these two races that will NEVER truly see eye to eye.

The decorations in Heroic Garrosh's phase 4 aren't nearly as "whimsical" as Metzen made MoP seem.

Quote Originally Posted by Tucci View Post
    I don't remember them saying that. Maybe they did somewhere, but I don't remember it at all. I do remember them saying that about WoD however. And judging by the cinematic, I think they're telling the truth.
    They aren't painting it as childish, but there is a stark difference from "balance and harmony" and the "Iron Horde" that's easy to draw up.

To me it feels like they jumped a bandwagon. Shouldn't they take pride in what they make instead of making it and then brushing it off to please the whingers? If they feel the need to apologize for their creations, then maybe they need to put more thought into them? I'm not entirely sure he called it CHILDISH though, that seems to be what you and others HOPED he said...

On that note however, I loved MoP! It wasn't childish (no more than this 12+ game is normally) and the Pandaren were sweet but still badass when needed. But then I'm not superficial, I can see past the shell and not just dismiss something because of how it looks. If I worked that way, I would've missed out on SO many amazing stories.

WoD brings back a really dark theme and I'm happy about it, but them acting like it won't have its fair portion of silly, whimsical and FUN stuff is just trying to cater to adolescent manchildren that have a complex about playing a game unless they can show outsiders how brutal it is whilst cleverly masking the gnomes with pink hair, piss and poo humour, pop culture references and silly emotes.

Basically, to anyone worried with "childish" stamps and still playing a very cartoony game from a company KNOWN to put a lot of silly humour and fun into their games alongside the brutal...you're doing it wrong.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2014-08-15 at 01:21 AM.

Deleted
    Really, stop posting bullshit you think they said. Metzen jokingly said that it's not whimsical panda anymore. Nowheere did he say the word ''childish''. What is worse, you even said you are not 100%, yet people out right believe it unquestionably.

I think Metzen is more relieved that the playerbase who feel this way will finally shut the fuck up.
    *edit*
    MOP was a very much needed break from the status quo. Cataclysm was burning them out, the constant brutal shit was starting to feel generic, even with Blizzard's distinct presentation. MOP was a kind of much needed time for them to charge their batteries and get down and dirty again. But MOP to me seemed more like an expansion focused on making a continent that felt like one of the beautiful zones we see in the other expansions usually reserved for just bits here and there. Nagrand, Scholazar Basin, etc. It was more beautiful and majestic than silly. Not that it wasn't without it's silly, but then WOW never has been.
    Last edited by Yig; 2014-08-15 at 01:22 AM.
    If you like my draw-rings. http://yig.deviantart.com/
    If you can't find them for some reason beyond that page. http://yig.deviantart.com/gallery/
    WOW screenshot and concept art gallery http://smg.photobucket.com/user/evilknick/library/WoW

Quote Originally Posted by shoc View Post
    Technically speaking, Blizzard has been done with MoP for a year now. Since 5.4 they've been full-steam ahead WoD-mode.

But it will be nice for Warcraft to actually feel like Warcraft again, it's something I feel has been missing for a while now and I think Blizzard knows that too.
    very well said!

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    To me it feels like they jumped a bandwagon. Shouldn't they take pride in what they make instead of making it and then brushing it off to please the whingers?

I loved MoP, it wasn't childish AT ALL (no more than this 12+ game is normally) and the Pandaren were sweet but still badass when needed. But then I'm not superficial, I can see past the shell and not just dismiss something because of how it looks. If I worked that way, I would've missed out on SO many amazing stories.

WoD brings back a really dark theme and I'm happy about it, but them acting like it won't have its fair portion of silly, whimsical and FUN stuff is just trying to cater to adolescent manchildren that have complex about playing a game unless they can show outsiders how brutal it is.
    I would not take the views of a player's anecdotal filter on Metzen's words or Blizzard's to heart like this.
    If you like my draw-rings. http://yig.deviantart.com/
    If you can't find them for some reason beyond that page. http://yig.deviantart.com/gallery/
    WOW screenshot and concept art gallery http://smg.photobucket.com/user/evilknick/library/WoW

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Caesius Baelthar View Post
    The thing is, he never said it was childish.

I think Metzen has a boner for overly muscular shirtless male orcs and is eager to start work on warlorcs of orcnor.

Seriously, it's obvious why he's excited. Lore-wise he's based all ingame lore on orcs for the past couple of expansions already and now we're getting a full-on almost complete orc expansion.