Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Metzen's exact words were:

"The age of the whimsical panda sadly is over, the Warcraft of old is back and it is as savage as ever."
    Interpret them as you will.

I'm pretty sure that was just for the people who didn't like the theme of Pandaria and continued to think that it was whimsical and fluffy, despite it being anything but. Some of y'all are reading way too into it.

MoP would have been cool if it stopped at 5.2,

An ok expension, but alot better than Cataclysm, I have no hate for MoP.

All of Cataclysm zone should be removed so I could not remember this pile of poo

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fibbles View Post

"The age of the whimsical panda sadly is over, the Warcraft of old is back and it is as savage as ever."

The Pandaren were a tiny bit of (at first glance anyway) comic relief; and they may well be genuinely sad to see that bit of whimsy end. Yet, this is just another sales-pitch, like all the other sale-pitches prior to an expansion. No more, no less.

#FlightIsImportant

Quote Originally Posted by Fibbles View Post

Lets put it this way, when your last expansion looses roughly 2 million subs or more, everyone is happy to see it go, even the creators.
    Last edited by quras; 2014-08-15 at 02:11 AM.

Deleted
    he only said what everybody knew right from the beginning. Mop never really was Warcraft and never will be.

let's pretend mop never existed and move on.

Last edited by mmocb78b025c1c; 2014-08-15 at 02:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tucci View Post
    Lol it's funny how this shit spreads like a virus.

WoD cinematic releases.

Someone goes, "There's no Alliance in this! Only horde!" because they're clueless and misinformed.

Suddenly forums are blowing up with posts about how WoD is another "Orc expansion" (lol) and how we've had nothing but orcs now for 4 to 6 years (again, lol). And it just keeps spreading and evolving until eventually it turns into shit that's so ridiculous that you can't help but just laugh at it. Deathwing was an orc, pandaren were really orcs in disguise, every boss in every raid and dungeon was an orc, all mobs in all zones are orcs, our characters are all orcs when we pvp, we pick up quests from orcs to find more orcs and orc related things, our items and gear are all orc themed, all factions are orcs. Yeah. See my point?

so you are saying now the last three expansions weren't orc based?
    cata was all about thrall
    mop was all about garrash
    wod is all about garrash going into an alternate universe and trying to stop the blood orcs

how is that not all orc based?

Why wouldn't they be happy? I wouldn't say MoP was a failure, they are going to lose subs no matter what they put out there, however MoP was also far from a successful expansion, the worst one so far imo.

Quote Originally Posted by quras View Post
    Lets put it this way, when your last expansions looses roughly 2 million subs or more, everyone is happy to see it go, even the creators.
    Thinking that WoD will change the decline that comes with old age is naive.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MaxJr View Post
    Why wouldn't they be happy? I wouldn't say MoP was a failure, they are going to lose subs no matter what they put out there, however MoP was also far from a successful expansion, the worst one so far imo.
    In your opinion doesn't mean for a fact...and over 6 million people still playing it this far into a final tier is pretty damned good I'd say.

Quote Originally Posted by Tucci View Post
    I don't remember them saying that. Maybe they did somewhere, but I don't remember it at all. I do remember them saying that about WoD however. And judging by the cinematic, I think they're telling the truth.
    Their whole point pre-MoP was that they wanted people to know it would be more then just going around hugging Pandas... since everyone seemed to judge the expansion based on the Pandarian race alone. They said something along the lines that we'd be interfering with Pandarian and cause bad stuff to happen,etc. Most of the crap they say at Blizzcon/etc is just to satisfy the ridiculous community that bitch and moan about everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    he only said what everybody knew right from the beginning.

How about no. The players who loved and could appreciate it disagree with that. Me pretending that the best expansion I've experienced so far as a whole package didn't exist? That'd just be weird.

People that disliked it for whatever reasons, even if over such a silly things as "pandas", are free to ofc. Sucks to be them though since the Pandaren will always be around. ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Phuongvi View Post
    MoP would have been cool if it stopped at 5.2,

An ok expension, but alot better than Cataclysm, I have no hate for MoP.

All of Cataclysm zone should be removed so I could not remember this pile of poo

mop could have been the best expansion ever if we didn't get Soo for now 14 months.
    let see added flex raiding nice
    pet battling nice
    farm which was nice
    timeless island and thunder islands which were nice
    shared tags on bosses which is nice

just S00 lasting 14 months was a joke

Deleted
    I thought the same, it felt like they kinda rued the decision to even do Pandaria.

Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    I thought the same, it felt like they kinda rued the decision to even do Pandaria.
    That's probably what negative people HOPE, but I have a hard time thinking that this awesome expansion came from people that were unhappy working on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    he only said what everybody knew right from the beginning.

Why? The story, quests, and raid content we got during Mists are some of the best we've had. It was a terrific expansion that's just been scarred by the length of the final tier and the typical panda hate.

Hell starting in 5.1, the Pandaren became more of side characters than anything with the story focusing on others.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

Quote Originally Posted by Bullettime View Post
    Why? The story, quests, and raid content we got during Mists are some of the best we've had. It was a terrific expansion that's just been scarred by the length of the final tier and the typical panda hate.
    Some people are just too shallow. There are people that never even tried this expansion "cos pandas". My most vivid memories of Pandaren from this expansion are the Shado-Pan (badass skilled warriors), the Halfhill market and Lorewalker Cho. Other than that, I remember Mogu, Trolls, dinosaurs, Garrosh, Sha corruption and Horde vs Alliance conflict + overall VERY high quality raid content. Yeah, not Warcraft enough durr.

Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    Pandaria was necessary to recharge their batteries, and ours, and to provide a change of pace for an expansion. The endless Dragonball Z format was getting incredibly stale for longtime players and I imagine the devs themselves.
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Thinking that WoD will change the decline that comes with old age is naive.
    Thinking the sub loss was largely old age is stupidity.

Quote Originally Posted by quras View Post
    Thinking the sub loss was just old age is stupidity.

- - - Updated - - -

Thinking the sub loss was largely old age is stupidity.
    Except it basically is. People will find out even in Warlords with it going all "dark and gritty" again. Subs will rise at the start then over the course of the expansion, will taper off to even lower than they are now. WoW will likely see this until it dies.

More market competition and the age of the game is hurting it. People who would have been interested in WoW would have already played it and moved on while the longtime players slowly begin to leave due to burnout or real life. They could have given us some wtfawesome Burning Legion expansion and pull out all the stops and it STILL would have seen a decline.

Quote Originally Posted by PrairieChicken View Post
    14 months of SoO, who would NOT want it to end?
    problem is, the expansion is largely orc themed, so you'll have another 2 years of SoO