Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Have You Ever Wanted to Live Somewhere... Different?

I pose this question to the MMO-C forums because this is something deeply ingrained in me. From an early age I was on the move, always looking for the next place I could safely call my home. It kind of made me lose pride in the sense of where I come from and so I have always moved around.
    Call me Cassandra

10+ Year Old Account
    Every...freaking.....day...... It sucks being a "liberal democrat"/video gamer/introvert in this redneck state. The reason I stay is because I have a very good job and friends here.

7+ Year Old Account
    I'm moving across the country in a few months now that I'm finished with school. Been wanting to live somewhere different for 11 some odd years and now the time is finally showing up.

I just hope WoD isn't as enticing as previous WoW expansions so I can get out and meet new people since the day I planned to leave is right around the time the expansion hits.

I was happy to get away from the place I grew up. Grew up in London, decided to go to Bristol to study at university. Ended up moving to Sweden to live with my GF. If I'm staying in Sweden I'd love to move to a bigger city (Stockholm ideally) at some point, if not will probably go back to London I guess!

Well, I sort of have to be here for the next 10 months, but after that I can return to my home.
    The earth is not a cold dead place

15+ Year Old Account
    Yes, part of the reason why I'm currently traveling to the other side of the world to settle there (left 5 months ago, arrival planned in 5 too )
    Oh, hi.

10+ Year Old Account
    Never have, never will.

Quote Originally Posted by Reg View Post
    Never have, never will.
    Is it something about New York in particular? I'm not a native and have encountered a lot of ethnocentrism among New Yorkers.
    Call me Cassandra

10+ Year Old Account
    Id either like to move back to Austin, or to Seattle. The environments of those areas just fit me better.

Yep. So I did. Lived in Peru for 3 months. Lived in New Zealand for 6 months. Lived in Thailand for a month. Sure, I count my time in months, but a new place, new life, new land, the days are full and the hours are long. I'll be gone a month, but it feels like a year. I love it.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

Nope, I live on a mountain range in California, its pretty nice here. Im between a pine forest and rolling hills with oak. If I want to go anywhere I just travel.

LA isn't super close but Its not too far either, so I can go to conventions and what not without having to plan much at all.
    Last edited by Sledfang; 2014-08-15 at 04:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Reg View Post
    Never have, never will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anyael View Post
    Is it something about New York in particular? I'm not a native and have encountered a lot of ethnocentrism among New Yorkers.
    I concur. Why would I want to live anywhere else?

Herald of the Titans RaoBurning's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It would be nice to live abroad for some length of time. England, Canada, Australia, Germany, maybe Japan. Unfortunately moving costs money and I don't have much in the line of marketable skills.

I can dream though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    This is America. We always have warm dead bodies.
    if we had confidence that the President clearly did not commit a crime, we would have said that.

All the time. My area has nothing to do in regards to my interests, and no feasible way to get into the only career field I have any real interest in.

But alas, I would feel like a fish out of water if I left my family, friends and everything I know behind. So here I stay, despite hating it.

Herald of the Titans BarelyLegalBear's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Every SINGLE damn day i think about this. The only thing Florida offers are the nice beaches and babes. Just about it, oh and don't forget the humidity, my god its horrible here. I've been here all my life and all i want to do is get the hell out of here. I don't want to be in this State any longer, i really want to go and live in California though, that'd be awesome!

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Recently, yes. I tend to be very comfortable where my friends and family are, but it's difficult since they are in 3 different places all over the world. I just figure I've been in my current location long enough, and I've come to the end of my purpose and meaning there. So I'll be moving to New Zealand in about half a year...

Where can I find good food in Auckland?

7+ Year Old Account
    Sure.

A place that was a bit more multicultural, but enforced its immigration laws.

A place where extreme conservatism and religious radio stations were a rare sight.

A place where taxes were not so high that even the most basic things were expensive.

A place where the national government was not so big and bloated and expensive to maintain--where debt and deficits are controllable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TZK203 View Post
    Sure.

A place where extreme conservatism and religious radio stations were a rare sight.

A place where taxes were not so high that even the most basic things were expensive.

A place where the national government was not so big and bloated and expensive to maintain--where debt and deficits are controllable.
    Yes, why not live with the Elves and Pixies in La La Land.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Here: http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-...ampaign=buying

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TZK203 View Post
    Sure.

Australia?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    Australia?
    If you want to be spat on by the federal government for making les than 200k a year, sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.