Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Slashkill View Post
    Every second of my life, everything in Russia is absolutely alien to me. Alcohol, whores being a common sight, moody people with hostile glares every morning/day/evening, being paid $560 a month with a 1-room apartment costing $420 000+, car costing $20 000+, actually spending around $400+ a month on food etc... Overall hostile environment.
    Wow you literally just described Germany for me rofl. I came from a town in California *begins life-story* (jk jk xD)... and my neighborhood wasn't rich it was just a middle-low class area and honestly, the streets were so clean you could walk barefoot without the fear of stepping on glass or anything. Extremely safe place... and in America in general, some states have some extremely amazing and "normal" people around. Not to mention the easy ability to travel all over just by car or foot. It made me realize how alive and beautiful the world can be once you travel across it. x) But alas due to family reasons, I moved to Germany and I've missed America ever since. It's all about alcohol for lunch/breakfast/dinner, whores, the night-gang life, filthy streets filled with broken glass, cigarettes, drugs, and puke, people are hostile/moody/messed up physically or psychologically, everyone is constantly sick (doctors are normally booked for half a year or longer if they require an appointment), expensive and poor service along with things being very unorganized and difficult for its citizens or people who want to become a citizen. Most of the time the weather is a massive downer too... it's such a depression-sweep compared to the sunny-beauty of California or the wide-sky's of Texas, the warm-rains of Arizona, or even the misty mountain ranges of Canada! Definitely want to move to Canada one day.

P.S. - No hate to anyone who's into the modern rave of Germany. My passion just lays on a different continent.
    Last edited by mmocce3b0014ca; 2014-08-15 at 02:47 PM.

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account
    I just wish it was more populated, really. There's also a ton of people who have some really jacked up views here, as well.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziragosa View Post
    Wow you literally just described Germany for me rofl. I came from California and my neighborhood wasn't rich it was just a middle-low class area and honestly, the streets were so clean you could walk barefoot without the fear of stepping on glass or anything. Extremely safe place... and the states in general has some extremely amazing and "normal" people around. Not to mention the easy ability to travel all over just by car or foot. It made me realize how alive and beautiful the world can be once you travel across it. x) But alas due to family reasons, I moved to Germany and I've missed America ever since. It's all about alcohol for lunch/breakfast/dinner, whores, the night-gang life, filthy streets filled with broken glass, cigarettes, drugs, and puke, people are hostile/moody/messed up physically or psychologically, everyone is constantly sick (doctors are normally booked for half a year or longer if they require an appointment), expensive and poor service along with things being very unorganized and difficult for its citizens or people who want to become a citizen. Most of the time the weather is a massive downer too... it's such a depression-sweep compared to the sunny-beauty of California or the wide-sky's of Texas, the warm-rains of Arizona, or even the misty mountain ranges of Canada! Definitely want to move to Canada one day.

P.S. - No hate to anyone who's into the modern rave of Germany. My passion just lays on a different continent.
    America must be a nice place. A lot of people around the globe keep trying to get in. You do not see any mass effort to move out of it. This in spite of our rights to have guns for self defense. The Media is to blame primarily for the negative parts about violence. What most see is the reference to violence in some select cities, when the great majority of the country is safe and peaceful.

Quote Originally Posted by Reg View Post
    In my opinion, it's the greatest city in the world. I can do pretty much whatever I want whenever I want all within the confines of the city limits. For the few things I may not be able to do, the surrounding tri-state area can fulfill that.
    I do love New York City but I don't want to stay here forever. I love the mish-mosh of ethnicities in Brookyln, and I love the attitude that everybody seems to have about valuing their own time.

I miss seeing more than 12 stars at night though.

Quote Originally Posted by TZK203 View Post
    Is New Zealand accepting of Americans, by chance?

Also, is the weather there... unstable?
    As long as you have serviceable skills you'll be fine. The weather on the North Island is to die for, South Island can get a little colder. Mind you, in winter the North Island can get pretty chilly too.

http://www.newzealandnow.govt.nz/why...ew-zealand/usa
    Call me Cassandra

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    America must be a nice place. A lot of people around the globe keep trying to get in. You do not see any mass effort to move out of it. This in spite of our rights to have guns for self defense. The Media is to blame primarily for the negative parts about violence. What most see is the reference to violence in some select cities, when the great majority of the country is safe and peaceful.
    Tell me about it. It's amazing how much stereotypes/media/etc reflect people's view on a country. You can't really say for certain until you've been there for yourself though. o=

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    America isn't a nice place. It's an extremely diverse place. So some areas are extremely nice. Others aren't. Some are full of people and some are empty (see: where I live). Some are cold, and others are extremely hot (also see: where I live). Some cost a fortune, and others cost nothing to live in. The difference between where I live and somewhere like the north east is staggering.

Quote Originally Posted by Annoying View Post
    America isn't a nice place. It's an extremely diverse place. So some areas are extremely nice. Others aren't. Some are full of people and some are empty (see: where I live). Some are cold, and others are extremely hot (also see: where I live). Some cost a fortune, and others cost nothing to live in. The difference between where I live and somewhere like the north east is staggering.
    I always get the feeling that there are like 5 countries in the US. The Northeast, The West Coast, The South, the Midwest, and the Great Void.
    Call me Cassandra

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anyael View Post
    I pose this question to the MMO-C forums because this is something deeply ingrained in me. From an early age I was on the move, always looking for the next place I could safely call my home. It kind of made me lose pride in the sense of where I come from and so I have always moved around.
    Sure. There are lots of places I'd rather live than Houston, but this is where my work is, and those other places tend to be pretty expensive.

It's alright though, since I get to travel a lot.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

The Lightbringer Conspicuous Cultist's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anyael View Post
    I always get the feeling that there are like 5 countries in the US. The Northeast, The West Coast, The South, the Midwest, and the Great Void.
    That's actually a pretty correct assessment and it's so fascinating.

Quote Originally Posted by Shakadam View Post
    You and I should switch places :P

Bundling up in furs and having it warm and cozy by the fireplace is all fine and well in the winter, the problem is that it's less than 0,01% of the time. The rest is spent not seeing the sun for days (pitch black when you wake up, pitch black when you get home from work), getting up in the morning when you're cold and miserable and having to scrape your car free from ice and snow while your fingers are freezing to the point where it feels like they might fall off, water pipes occasionally freezing when it's really cold, sitting in a freezing car for a long time before you start getting any heat in it. Even something as simple as going to the nearby store is a fucking chore in winter, in summer it's literally find some shoes and off we go, in winter it's plough through your wardrobe to find about 4 layers of clothing so you don't fucking freeze your ass off, then plough through the snow and shit outside your door and try not to slip on some ice and break your leg on the way to the store.
    I could go on but suffice to say that every menial task that requires you to do something outside takes soooo much longer and is about 50 times more of a chore.

Snow and cold is all fine and dandy if you're on vacation, but when you have to deal with it daily it just fucking sucks, imo.
    Oh my god I forgot about frozen water in the pipes. It rarely gets that cold here in Texas but it did one time and it sucked so much balls.

Yeah, you're right. I probably should just visit instead before my fantasy of the winter gets tainted with "Oh my god, I hate this single digit weather and I need to scrape so much ice off of my damn car." I guess it's just the absence of something makes the heart grow fonder, eh?
    Last edited by Conspicuous Cultist; 2014-08-15 at 04:30 PM.