Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by blasterion View Post
    I can't see what's so bad about it better than practically no animation at all
    It makes you look like your having some sort of fit toon like totally spaz's out lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Chaos View Post
    It makes you look like your having some sort of fit toon like totally spaz's out lol.
    It's a shout
    Nyaaaa~

Yeah the way our rotation works on beta is completely lacking feel and depth. Its fucking boring. The non stop spam animation of blood boil is so stupid and annoying. I like rolling blood being baked in, but they need to find a way to approach it much better. I see two options.

Bring back Runic Strike, Heart Strike or Blood Strike. Probably blood strike makes the most sense.
    Give it all the effects that blood boil has but its a 2h strike animation and does the pestilence animation automatically when you strike a target with diseases.

OR

Keep Blood boil, and then add either blood strike or Heart strike back in that hits a single target and it does the same thing Blood boil does but only on a single target. The cost is the same as blood boil but it hits harder since it only hits one target. That way you use BB when you are aoeing and you use Blood Strike on a boss fight or single target mob and get a little extra dps.

PROBLEM SOLVED. Wow SO fucking hard blizzard. Dont have to add really anything new but give all the flavor back to the blood dk spec.

Quote Originally Posted by Grishnok View Post
    Yeah the way our rotation works on beta is completely lacking feel and depth. Its fucking boring. The non stop spam animation of blood boil is so stupid and annoying. I like rolling blood being baked in, but they need to find a way to approach it much better. I see two options.

Bring back Runic Strike, Heart Strike or Blood Strike. Probably blood strike makes the most sense.
    Give it all the effects that blood boil has but its a 2h strike animation and does the pestilence animation automatically when you strike a target with diseases.

OR

Keep Blood boil, and then add either blood strike or Heart strike back in that hits a single target and it does the same thing Blood boil does but only on a single target. The cost is the same as blood boil but it hits harder since it only hits one target. That way you use BB when you are aoeing and you use Blood Strike on a boss fight or single target mob and get a little extra dps.

PROBLEM SOLVED. Wow SO fucking hard blizzard. Dont have to add really anything new but give all the flavor back to the blood dk spec.
    Far to hard for them to do unfortunately... Had exactly the same idea i think allot of people do also. But they are intent on cutting down ability bloat even if that means screwing it all up.

I kinda hate the fact that our singletarget/aoe/burst rotation are all identical thanks to the removal of heartstrike. they should have just changed it in some way to make it to another small offensive ability with a defensive extra or a big singletarget strike that does more dmg than BB.
    Ability removing is fine but HS removing was too much

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't see why they can't rename Blood Boil to Heart Strike and just change the animation but keep the beta mechanic identical.

Maybe you spread diseases by cleaving so hard the blood splatters from your diseased target onto every else like some horrifying botched AIDS blood transfusion.

Just brainstorming here.
    Steve Irwin died the same way he lived. With animals in his heart.

Yeah, most of us have already come up with solutions that would solve the problem, but Blizzard doesnt give two shit about it. What they want is what they make until they notice a certain spec or class drop way low in representation. Then they go "wtf WAI GIEZ? " and we say we think the way you changed the class sucks and its boring. We told you this during beta but you stubborn fucks wanted it your way and didnt listen. Then they finally add one strike back and say "we were wrong. Sorry." It happens at least once EVERY xpac. All the information and dislike for something is right in their faces all during beta and they flat out dont listen.

Blizzard devs suck at their job. Bottom line.

You think they would notice how their "ability prune" has made it so a melee class now has ONE melee attack and the rest are ranged spells. Every other DK in the universe sees it, they simply dont.. Or do and dont care. Its blizzards game and they will fuck it up if they want too.

None of the changes I mentioned would be hard to do. They changed pestilence to bb in a single build. That is all we are asking for heart strike or blood strike. Give us another swing animation and bake the same effects we already have into one. Jesus.

I can't stand blood boil. I really miss heart strike. I rolled a DK tank because I wanted to swing a 2h weapon around, not shout like a bitch with an annoying sound and a bad animation since 4.1 (I believe..). I won't be touching my DK tank in WoD. Good thing Brewmasters use their weapons now.

There is a new Animation, and Heart strike is not badass, It's a swing with a tiny red trail behind it. Blood Boil has a red mist of blood exploding around you
    Nyaaaa~

HS is an AoE, so is blood boil or pest. I'm fine with not having HS it's really not an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Mornmagor View Post
    I don't really like Blood Boil. Aesthetics wise, i think it's borderline Warlock territory. Blood, in Blood DKs, is the macabre part of the undeath, blood&bones. And it's always about infusing ones body with powers of blood, like, vampiric abilities as vampiric blood, and not to control another's blood, which is usually a mage's or a lock's thing.

We are not blood mages. We are Death Knights. The macabre part of undeath is still our territory, but blood boil i don't like at all. Blood Infestation, yes. Something that corrodes the blood of the opponent indirectly, like your diseases or something similar, yes. But Blood Boil? I don't know, i never liked it.

AT LEAST, make it have a targeted cast animation or a new animation, not this damn taunt animation. Yikes.
    blood boils from your diseases :P

Bloodboil already does Heart strikes job so I don't see why we need it.

Quote Originally Posted by yussef View Post
    HS is an AoE, so is blood boil or pest. I'm fine with not having HS it's really not an issue.
    HS is a cleave, and cleaves have never = AOE.

Quote Originally Posted by malletin View Post
    Bloodboil already does Heart strikes job so I don't see why we need it.
    Not if they redesigned it to be more interesting. The lack of engaging gameplay with a 3 button rotation when mitigating isn't a priority has driven me away from blood. A mindless rotation that doesn't change during aoe has left the spec a shell of its original glory. Getting DC back on the rotation felt very wrath, and left me with high hopes for blood.

We've lost the theme of aggressive physical damage, and self healing as a sacrifice for proactive mitigation, which also breaks away from the theme.

If HS became stronger for ST damage than BB, gave you a small hot, then we would differentiate ST damage, and during AoE we would have the opportunity to sacrifice damage (bb) for the hot of HS.

All problems solved. Sigh.
    Last edited by Aezral; 2014-08-31 at 08:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aezral View Post
    HS is a cleave, and cleaves have never = AOE.

Not if they redesigned it to be more interesting. The lack of engaging gameplay with a 3 button rotation when mitigating isn't a priority has driven me away from blood. A mindless rotation that doesn't change during aoe has left the spec a shell of its original glory. Getting DC back on the rotation felt very wrath, and left me with high hopes for blood.

We've lost the theme of aggressive physical damage, and self healing as a sacrifice for proactive mitigation, which also breaks away from the theme.

If HS became stronger for ST damage than BB, gave you a small hot, then we would differentiate ST damage, and during AoE we would have the opportunity to sacrifice damage (bb) for the hot of HS.

All problems solved. Sigh.
    What we lost in Physical damage we gained in magical damage, we're death knights, not warriors
    Nyaaaa~

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Scabior View Post
    I can't stand blood boil. I really miss heart strike. I rolled a DK tank because I wanted to swing a 2h weapon around, not shout like a bitch with an annoying sound and a bad animation since 4.1 (I believe..).
    Yeah, Heart Strike had a really cool visual and a badass sound effect. Except that it hadn't.

What we lost in Physical damage we gained in magical damage, we're death knights, not warriors
    You're right. BLOOD DKs. The only time we were magic tanks was in wrath when we could unholy or frost tank. Bloods always had emphasis on the rune weapon and hitting things with it. It's disheartening, pardon the pun, to have 1 strike now, and lose a strike that's been there forever

Quote Originally Posted by Zka View Post
    Yeah, Heart Strike had a really cool visual and a badass sound effect. Except that it hadn't.
    Blood boil did. Not heart strike. Durrr

Quote Originally Posted by Zka View Post
    Blood boils sound effect is horrible when spammed. The /roar animation it uses looks spazzy depending on the race.

There is a new Animation, and Heart strike is not badass, It's a swing with a tiny red trail behind it. Blood Boil has a red mist of blood exploding around you
    Uwaa!!~~ Are you saying that they readded the Cata BloodBoil animation? The one that is a red explosion of blood coming outwards from you instead of the battlehorn/hammeroftherighteous wannabe soundwaves emenating from your character?!

Pls be tru

Quote Originally Posted by Pickwickman View Post
    Uwaa!!~~ Are you saying that they readded the Cata BloodBoil animation? The one that is a red explosion of blood coming outwards from you instead of the battlehorn/hammeroftherighteous wannabe soundwaves emenating from your character?!

Pls be tru
    Nyaaaa~