Update (1:15 PM EST): Added some additional clarifications from Watcher and UK Subscription price changes.
Gamescom Interview - Raid Release Schedule
Our friends over at Vanion had the chance to talk to Tom Chilton again during Gamescom and came away with some interesting details. The highlights of the interview are below.
- Raids will open roughly two and a half weeks after the expansion releases. This will give players time to level and enjoy some dungeons and other content before they move on to raiding.
- Normal and Heroic will open first, with Mythic and LFR starting to open the following week.
- Blackrock Foundry will open some number of weeks later. (4 weeks for MSV before HoF opened was too short - WatcherDev)
- Grommash is really the final boss! When players get to the Grommash fight, they will see that it is a completely different fight from the Garrosh fight in Siege of Orgrimmar.
- There will be more than just Orcs in the raids. For example, there will be a heavy Legion influence in the raid that has Grommash Hellscream.
- The legendary items (other than the ring) will most likely come from defeating really difficult content.
- Warlords will have more activated trinkets compared to Mists of Pandaria.
- Challenge modes will reward players with transmog weapons for Gold, a mount for Silver, and a title for Bronze. (WatcherDev)
- Challenge modes will have a daily quest that can reward Raid Finder quality loot. This will give players a reason to do Challenge modes while they wait for raids to open. (WatcherDev)
- Depending on what buildings your Garrison has, there will be different relevant content out in the world.
- If you build the Inn, you will have a dungeon daily quest in the Inn, similar to the Wrath of the Lich King dungeon daily quests.
- There are four tiers of Garrison missions for your followers, giving followers increased item levels and access to better missions each tier. Eventually you will have access to a mission that rewards raid quality loot every couple of weeks.
- Armistice Day is on the Tuesday of the release week, which is why they went with Thursday instead of Tuesday for release this time.
- The team has talked about doing an updated version of Karazhan, but it was created as a 10 player raid. There isn't space for 30 players.
Gamescom Dev Interview
Gamona also had an opportunity to talk to Tom Chilton at Gamescom. The highlights of the interview are below.
- Patch 6.0 is coming roughly a month before the November 13 release date.
- Warlords of Draenor took longer than anticipated to create, by roughly 6 months. Getting the new members of the team up to speed took longer than anticipated and slowed things down. A group is already working on the next expansion though, so hopefully there won't be another long gap next time.
- Moving your Garrison is still something that would be nice to do in a content patch. Players will most likely want the ability to move the garrison after they have had it in the same place for a few months.
- Rather than armor dyes, the team has made multiple color variations of armor sets and provided different ways for players to earn them. A dye system might cause the team to lose a little bit too much control over the way the world looks. Players coming into the game shouldn't see everyone wearing crazy neon colors or something like that.
UK Subscription Price Increase - Secure Your Current Price for Two Years
It looks like UK subscribers have a price increase coming, but players can lock in their price for two years if they keep their subscription active.
- 30 Days - Increased to £9.99 from £8.99.
- 90 Days - Increased to £28.17 from £25.17.
- 180 Days - Increased to £52.14 from £46.14.
World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria – Now Only €9.99!
The new $9.99 price is not reflected in the US Shop just yet, but will likely appear soon.