Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ...
    The sheer amount of entitlement and dishonest some of you are posting is astounding. Thankfully the original video and quotes have been posted to expose the bullshit some of you are posting.

I've done it all. Being the GM of a very large, top tier raiding guild in vanilla through bc, bring it down to a tighter group in wrath and cata, and spending more time doing personal things and friendship things in MoP. Each and every period was great but I do not long to go back to the past. We all know more about the game now. What kept up entertained would not work now. The sheer amount of grinding in the past would dramatically drop subscriptions at this point as people have moved on. If original WoW came out today, it would not be the success it was again. Times have changed and the expectation of people have changed.

So far, I'm enjoying WoD. I've been in beta the whole time. There are lots of nice mechanics, the polish is good, the questing is pretty awesome with lots of new additions and tweaks. Many of the old-style grinding quests are now optional content that shows only when you're in a given area. The garrisons are fun and have great potential for the future as they continue to iterate. Dungeon and Raid content has some interesting mechanics that is a bit inconsistent at the moment for difficulty but that will be nailed out. There are a LOT of changes and a lot of improvement in the game to found.

WoW is one of the "greats" because of this passion so many have. That's a great, great thing. But it's important to remember things in reality. So many are overlooking things. They're overlooking that past expansions had LOTS of content cut and axed. They're overlooking the countless issues and broken features that were patched and fixed much later. They're overlooking single mode raids. They're conveniently forgetting the randomness, not talent, involved in so many of the things folks like to brag about. I could go on for days. We all know this is true. BC is so fondly remembered because of the time and distance we have from it now. There were plenty of issues and drama at the time.

One of the best things the whiners could do is make *constructive* posts on Blizzard's forums or even use the feedback mechanisms provided. Then, vote with your wallet. Just let the game go for a while. If you're truly that unhappy and that sick of things, show them by not playing. (And don't point to overarching trends in subscribers to make your point, any game that is 10 years old is going to be waning, regardless of how good it is.) When you unsubscribe, point out why in intelligent terms. Don't resort to exaggerations and dramatic language. Make it simple and clear and support it with facts, not hyperbole.

In the end, it's a game. Yes, that old annoying phrase. But it is true. As it is a game, when you no longer find it fun, you move on to other games or do other things with your free time. Resorting to ridiculous and misleading comments in a random forum is not helpful and is akin to political junkies posting in echo chamber forums.

Quote Originally Posted by notorious98 View Post
    Yeah, I think this is something people need to really come to grips with. 5 and 10 levels are arbitrary numbers. The real numbers come from the amount of XP needed to achieve a level along with the amount of XP given per accomplishment (harvesting, questing, killing mobs, exploration, etc.) If the 5 levels need a total of 5 million XP, but you're only getting an average of 500 XP per accomplishment while 10 levels need a total of 10 million XP and you're getting 2,000 XP per accomplishment, it's going to take longer to attain that 5 level goal as opposed to the 10 level.

So the claims that 10 levels automatically means longer leveling than 5 is dumb.

I also think they said leveling will be faster than it was in MoP... even though its 10 levels

No it isn't. You still only have two trinket slots and there have always been on use trinkets. In PvP using two on use trinkets was almost always better options for non-humans for burst damage (and CC breaker, of course.)
    Not saying they are not useful or even better as you can control it, but it goes against the ability pruning idea. They want to make so we have less abilities on our bars by making more of these trinkets? Don't make any sense. This kind of trinkets only confuses inexperienced players. Hell, they took off Heroic Strike from warriors saying that it was too confusing, and there was no need for two rage dumpers, but then they will add two trinkets with use? Yeah, what a smart pruning... For PvP there's not much of a choice, but for PvE, there is. Well, i actually prefer these trinkets because i can control it, but again, it goes against the ability pruning idea.

Mists of Pandaria is $9.99 US now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Updating Kara is possible, but you have to think outside the box. The Stables or the Guardian Library are admittedly quite cramped for a 25 person raid.

Quote Originally Posted by thefuga View Post
    Not saying they are not useful or even better as you can control it, but it goes against the ability pruning idea. They want to make so we have less abilities on our bars by making more of these trinkets? Don't make any sense. This kind of trinkets only confuses inexperienced players. Hell, they took off Heroic Strike from warriors saying that it was too confusing, and there was no need for two rage dumpers, but then they will add two trinkets with use? Yeah, what a smart pruning... For PvP there's not much of a choice, but for PvE, there is. Well, i actually prefer these trinkets because i can control it, but again, it goes against the ability pruning idea.
    Inexperienced players are more likely to pick whichever trinket they like the best. Experienced players will choose whichever trinket is proven to be the best DPS/HPS/Damage Mitigation booster. Either way, at maximum, it will add two buttons to your bar that you will only use, at best, once a minute. And they will typically not be redundant aside from boosting the flavor of your role. It definitely doesn't fly in the face of ability pruning. Considering you could already equip two on-use trinkets, I'm not sure what the big deal is. Make more of them and give more choice, but keep the number of keybinds the same. Adds the ability to differentiate yourself even more.

Deleted
    In eu that's only 2 weeks and 6 days from release, that means ppl Can have A alt rdy too. Hate the restriktions, why not let ppl who wanna raid, do that When they feel they are rdy... If they really wanna let some ppl get time to lvl why isn't 1 week 6 days enough. Always been max 1week . Like we haven't waited enough already...

Quote Originally Posted by Buck-Shot View Post
    I also think they said leveling will be faster than it was in MoP... even though its 10 levels
    Show that WoD's leveling rates are double those of Cata and MoP or QFT.

Deleted
    Tenner a month? They've lost me then. It's alllll over. I un-subbed the other day to take a break but fuck that shit.

Quote Originally Posted by klit33 View Post
    In eu that's only 2 weeks and 6 days from release, that means ppl Can have A alt rdy too. Hate the restriktions, why not let ppl who wanna raid, do that When they feel they are rdy... If they really wanna let some ppl get time to lvl why isn't 1 week 6 days enough. Always been max 1week . Like we haven't waited enough already...
    just quit whining - u had your MoP with extremly casual unfriendly appraoch catering to top 1 % with no nerfs through expansion - and it costed them 3 mln subs - now they clearly decided to take different path - u still can grind off your butt for those 2 weeks in CM- for lfr quality loot hwich is like 4-5 itlv higher then hc dungeons to get that extra edge compared to rest of normal players

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    just quit whining - u had your MoP with extremly casual unfriendly appraoch catering to top 1 % with no nerfs through expansion - and it costed them 3 mln subs - now they clearly decided to take different path - u still can grind off your butt for those 2 weeks in CM- for lfr quality loot hwich is like 4-5 itlv higher then hc dungeons to get that extra edge compared to rest of normal players
    No nerfs? T14 got 10% nerf when t15 got released and t15 got nerfed by 20% when t16 launched. And how was mop for 1% only? We had lfr for every tier and flex got implemented in t16. If those are aswell for 1% then I have no idea what sort of content should be made for the rest.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    MoP was far more casual than any other expansion. I'm not particularly sure what you believe the term "casual" means. Aside from the serious lack of 5 mans, there was a ton of content with scenarios and dailies (ugh) and you were able to see every single raid in the expansion with LFR.

But by, what seems to be, your definition, TBC was the least casual friendly expansion and it gained 4 million subscribers.

MoP was far more casual than any other expansion. I'm not particularly sure what you believe the term "casual" means. Aside from the serious lack of 5 mans, there was a ton of content with scenarios and dailies (ugh) and you were able to see every single raid in the expansion with LFR.

But by, what seems to be, your definition, TBC was the least casual friendly expansion and it gained 4 million subscribers.
    Casual yes, alt-friendly no, not during 5.0. They've backslid a bit, but for example my alt mage has enchanting but none of the 'good' enchants because those require rep and I WILL BE GOD DAMNED TO HELL IF I WILL DO THOSE DAILIES AGAIN.

Deleted
    One great point made is worth repeating a thousand times: vote with your wallet, this is the one and only feedback that has any chance of working to any degree.
    For any valid concern you raise there will be 3 different types of dripface fanbois saying you're just whining.

As a thank you for current World of Warcraft subscribers, we guarantee that players with recurring (auto-renewing) subscriptions at the time of the price change will retain their current price for two years, as long as they remain in the same recurring subscription without interruption.

This made me chuckle. Thank you so much Blizzard! /facepalm

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by markdall View Post
    Casual yes, alt-friendly no, not during 5.0. They've backslid a bit, but for example my alt mage has enchanting but none of the 'good' enchants because those require rep and I WILL BE GOD DAMNED TO HELL IF I WILL DO THOSE DAILIES AGAIN.
    /facepalm

It was a mistake coming here again...

Quote Originally Posted by markdall View Post
    Enchanting recipes aren't really content. The content is what leads you to getting those enchanting recipes. There was a lot of casual friendly content. Some of the necessary steps in achieving some rewards weren't particularly alt friendly. But what does that have to do with how casual friendly the expansion was?