Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by GarGar View Post
    Yeesh, do people not understand how inflation and currency exchange works? The GBP has been in decline for a while, so they've been losing money on UK subscriptions each year it has. If anything, the UK has gotten the much better end of the deal for many years. 1 pound increase isn't even close to enough to cover that cost.

Also worth mentioning, according to US government data, $15 (US monthly subscription) in 2004 would be almost $19 today, so if anything, the US subscription should also be going up.
    The GBP has not been in decline for a while.. wish people would stop pushing this incorrect information. It has been gaining up until today's dip.

looking beyond reality; LA; Complainerville
    Yeesh, do people not understand how inflation and currency exchange works? The GBP has been in decline for a while, so they've been losing money on UK subscriptions each year it has. If anything, the UK has gotten the much better end of the deal for many years. 1 pound increase isn't even close to enough to cover that cost.

Also worth mentioning, according to US government data, $15 (US monthly subscription) in 2004 would be almost $19 today, so if anything, the US subscription should also be going up.
    You don't understand. We, the World of Warcraft community, no longer play games to enjoy them, so to reflect the change in our priorities now, we make up stuff to entertain ourselves.

Hence why we now go out of our way to be outraged at stuff. It never occurred to them to just simply stop doing it, and do other things. No, get angry.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Gandhi

We could live life without understanding the full scope and magnitude of the consequences of our actions - and that's the beauty of it. It is up to us to take responsibility for our actions, and to do what is best, that is completely within the course of our actions.

I don't see the need for Blizz to change it for us, change it for everyone, or don't change it at all =/

Quote Originally Posted by Ratatosk View Post
    While on principle I agree it's quite surprising the price increase comes at a time like this, it's still peanuts compared to what eastern European countries pay.

Take my country for example: 12.99EU = 800den. The average salary is around 9,000den. Feel free you keep the "don't play if you can't afford it" shit to yourself. I'm not complaining here, simply stating facts.
    This is exactly why the static pay model doesn't work.

Quote Originally Posted by Einsz View Post
    "The new price for recurring subscriptions will be £9.99 for 30 days, £28.17 for 90 days, and £52.14 for 180 days. The suggested retail price of the 60-day prepaid time card will be £20.99."

No content for 14 months, 800k players leaving -> np lets milk the cash from EU
    Thats not EU eu has allways been 12.99€ UK have been cheap as hell with their £s

Quote Originally Posted by shadowmidgit View Post
    Let me rephrase my comment. They should update both the UK sub and EU sub together instead of one at a time. It would be easier to make them both cost similar (I presume that anyway).
    Yeah absolutely. Adjusting prices region-wide would make more sense and create less disgruntled feelings about it. As someone else mentioned though, look up a 60-day card from online shops. I just found one that offers it for €20,98 which is €10,49 a month. Even for a 180-day sub you pay €10,99 a month if you buy it in the Blizzard store.

You still pay less than Sweden, lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

Quote Originally Posted by Mouri Kogorou View Post
    i thought people are smart enough to buy game time from 3rd party for waaaaay cheaper price.
    How much is "waaaaay cheaper"?

Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    How much is "waaaaay cheaper"?
    Blizzard store per month:

€12,99 for a 1-month sub
    €11,99 per month for a 3-month sub
    €10,99 per month for a 6-month sub

Online 3rd party: €20,98 for a 60-day card (€10,49 per month)

Edit: 4,5% to 19% cheaper

And that's just a Dutch online shop. I would be surprised if there aren't any cheaper out there.
    Last edited by Mystrome; 2014-08-15 at 07:52 PM.

£2.50 a week is a single pint of beer, hardly what I would call price gouging.
    Where are you still buying pints for £2.50?
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Zyalo/advanced (Retired March '13 - Beginning of Throne of Thunder)

Quote Originally Posted by Mystrome View Post
    They actually did a few years ago, 1 month sub went from €11,99 to €12,99
    Nope. Back in 2006 the price was the same as it is today for Euros.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyalo View Post
    Where are you still buying pints for £2.50?
    Pretty much anywhere outside of London or Weatherspoons, the smaller pubs usually charge less.

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    indeed, why isn't the US sub going up to $16.67, thats what £9.99 gets you.
    I'm fine with paying 63 cents more. But the value of my dollar hasn't dropped in recent years either.

Quote Originally Posted by Ogedai View Post
    The GBP has not been in decline for a while.. wish people would stop pushing this incorrect information. It has been gaining up until today's dip.
    I'd be interested in your source for this? I'm not talking day to day, but year to year over a decade in relation to the US dollar (since Blizzard is a US company).

It costs more money to ship the pixels from Irvine, California to Europe.

I'd be interested in your source for this? I'm not talking day to day, but year to year over a decade in relation to the US dollar (since Blizzard is a US company).
    Does thee BBC count if so Does the BBC count if so then this will show you that the UK economy has increased.

Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    Well hang on isn't there that thing where you just buy it at us.battle.net and then gift it to your EU accounts?

I know lots of friends got themselves "free" upgrade to deluxe edition WoD or something recent at least, simply by paying in dollars and gifting it to themselves. The price of DE in dollars = price of normal version in ££.

Silly Blizzard.
    People shouldn't have to do this, though. If the currency conversion causes the subscribers to have to pay more in their native currency than it would if they were paying with the game's native currency (US dollars since it's a US game) then there's something wrong. I figured they were upping it because £9.99 was closer to the $15 I pay due to currency conversion. If that's not the case, this price increase makes no sense.
    Some noses just don't belong on some faces! #SaveTheSnoots!

Exhibit AExhibit BOfficial MMO-C Feedback PostOfficial Beta Feedback Post

£2.50 a week is a single pint of beer, hardly what I would call price gouging.
    Jesus only £2.50 a pint!? What cat piss are you drinking.

Thats fucking douchey, considering we've had nothing for over a year.

You pay more but it comes with universal healthcare for your toons.