Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamie71 View Post
    Heres a radical Idea , lower the European price to match the UK
    Yeah but then the same UK ones that cry now that the price is increased will cry even more that EU prices are lowered but not the UK ones.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    So after 10 years of no increase, UK players are asked to pay 10% more. Tell me..how have the prices for rent, gas, food, water developed in the last 10 years?
    This ridiculous argument needs to stop being brought up. Technology has not gotten more expensive in the last 10 years, it's gotten cheaper. World of warcraft was designed with the intention of supporting itself at 500k subs, they have millions. There is absolutely no justification for a price increase beyond increasing profit margins, this is not a reasonable result of inflation.

Don't white knight anti-consumer corporate behavior, it is in no way beneficial to you.

Quote Originally Posted by oplawlz View Post
    World of warcraft was designed with the intention of supporting itself at 500k subs, they have millions. There is absolutely no justification for a price increase beyond increasing profit margins, this is not a reasonable result of inflation.
    As a EU player, I've always found it incredibly unfair that we have one area of europe, playing on the same servers, that gets much cheaper monthly sub.
    UK income levels are compareable to rest of the Europe - why the hell do they get cheap monthly sub?

I see this price alignment as a good thing - even with £1 raise, the UK sub is still cheaper than rest of EU. Maybe they should look into dropping the sub price in rest of the EU with €1 to bring us even.

Why do ppl keep bringing in the US 14,99 arguement, do ppl not know that in US they are allowed to advertise prices to consumers Ex. VAT. While as fas as i know consumer prices in EU have to be advertised Inc. VAT by Law, only Business to Business can advertise Ex. Vat. in EU as far as i know. The few US players i know all pay $16,xx (differs per state, as VAT is statewide there, not country wide).

Which is alot closer to the new 9.99 UK price point and the 12,99 EU pricepoint. The 8.99 price point in UK just had become pretty cheap compared to other West european and even most US prices Inc. VAT. I dont see it as weird at all that they bring the pricepoints more in range of eachother, and even then UK can still enjoy a discount for the next 2 years if they commit to the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamyz View Post
    As a EU player, I've always found it incredibly unfair that we have one area of europe, playing on the same servers, that gets much cheaper monthly sub.
    UK income levels are compareable to rest of the Europe - why the hell do they get cheap monthly sub?

I see this price alignment as a good thing - even with £1 raise, the UK sub is still cheaper than rest of EU. Maybe they should look into dropping the sub price in rest of the EU with €1 to bring us even.
    Seriously? As a consumer paying a billion dollar company more money should never be a good thing. This thread is amazing. They raise the price just because and people defend it. What sort of consumers are you people?
    I'm a Forsaken. I kill firstborns while their mamas watch. I turn cities into salt. I even, when I feel like it, rip the souls from little girls, and from now till kingdom come, the only thing you can count on in your existence is never understanding why.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadite View Post
    Seriously? As a consumer paying a billion dollar company more money should never be a good thing. This thread is amazing. They raise the price just because and people defend it. What sort of consumers are you people?
    Bleh, that "billion dollar company" argument again.
    I don't really care how much money Blizzard makes as long as they don't exploit their market position.
    I enjoy their products and services - I have the disposable income needed.

What pisses me off though, is that people who live in the same region and have similar disposable income level get the exact same service much cheaper.
    That's not fair consumer practice.

Bleh, that "billion dollar company" argument again.
    I don't really care how much money Blizzard makes as long as they don't exploit their market position.
    That ship sailed a long, long time ago.

Quote Originally Posted by D4NNYB0Y View Post
    That ship sailed a long, long time ago.
    Yeah? Link me the lawsuit please?

Quote Originally Posted by lyandria View Post
    Totally this...

You brits still pay lower than rest of whole eu, why are you so mad at this price increase that REST OF WHOLE EU already is paying?! :S
    You make me exhausted in my brain...
    Why is it some can call us 'Brits' and 'Britland' yet anything against US gets immediately infracted?

On topic, this is just another reason to not resub for me.
    Last edited by svenforkbeard; 2014-08-16 at 09:37 AM.

It's called "captive customer". Why captive? Because the rest of the games in the genre are terrible.

I wonder how much the Scottish will ahve to pay if they leave the UK.

So how do you now feel about the US being out of alignment with the rest of the world? They are getting their sub cheaper than both the EU and UK once this goes through.

The UK and US were in line; only the EU wasn't. Blizzards solution was to increase the cost of the UK, still leaving a discrepancy, rather than reducing the EU, which would have left everything in line.

Strange how they went for the the "unfair" solution that makes them more money, rather than the "fair" one that would make them less, isn't it?
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.

The volume of new game features and content in MoP is a direct consequence of people cancelling subscriptions during Cataclysm. You're welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by Huehuecoyotl View Post
    So how do you now feel about the US being out of alignment with the rest of the world? They are getting their sub cheaper than both the EU and UK once this goes through.
    How is the US sub out of alignment?
    It's $14.99/month exl. sales tax.
    The UK is £8.99 including VAT.

Add some sales tax to the US price and you'll find it's more expensive than the UK sub.
    Other than that - don't really care about US/EU comparison. Diffferent servers, different economies/disposable income
    Last edited by Jamyz; 2014-08-16 at 09:46 AM.

How is the US sub out of alignment?
    It's $14.99/month exl. sales tax.
    The UK is £8.99 including VAT.

Add some sales tax to the US price and you'll find it's more expensive than the UK sub.
    Other than that - don't really care about US/EU comparison. Diffferent servers, different economies/disposable income
    The UK and EU are different economies as well. Yet the difference in prices there seemed to upset you. It's almost as if you have no cogent argument at all, and are just coming down on the side of "anything Blizzard does is the right thing".
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.

The volume of new game features and content in MoP is a direct consequence of people cancelling subscriptions during Cataclysm. You're welcome.

they arent milking the EU, just the UK

besides it is only 1 pound a month more lol

Quote Originally Posted by Lethora View Post
    And Russia pays 9.94$
    Why don't people whine about that? We still play on EU realms but pay almost 40% less.
    how much you pay for 60 day prepaid?

UK players still pay less than the rest of Europe does, and have been for some time now. This just evens the gap a little bit.
    My addons:
    Announce Interrupts: Announces in chat when you interrupt a spell.
    Tol Barad Reminder: Reminds you to queue for Tol Barad by printing a message when the battle is approaching.
    EasyLogger: Turns on /combatlog inside raid instances, and off outside.
    Simple class resource bars: Paladin Rogue Shaman Monk Priest

"OMG I have to pay £12 a year moah to play!! Immediate unsub incoming!!"

Get a grip. The UK have been paying less than the EU for their sub for years. If you are really upset about paying £12 a year for WoW, then obviously you are just thinking of an excuse to stop playing. If you have auto-renew, the increase doesn't even affect you for TWO years anyway.

Well.. in Europe the british have had the cheapest sub fee for a long fucking time so bringing their sub price in line with the rest of europe seems fair.
    "any man shaving for a woman should relinquish ownership of his testicles aswell"

Quote Originally Posted by Crainial View Post
    Lets bring math into this... just for the fun of it
    Minimum Wage US: 7,25$ per hour
    Minimum wage UK: 6,31£ = 10.54$ Per hour

US 1 Month Subscription, 14,99$ = 2,06 Work hours
    UK 1 Month Subscription, 9,99£ = 1,58 Work hours.
    In Poland min wage is 1.3£ or 2.2$ or 1.6€ per hour.
    1 Month Sub is 12.99€ = 8.1 work hours
    In other eastern eu countries minimal wage is even smaller and we all pay for wow in € not national currency.

so yeah... people in UK should stop bitching.