Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Huehuecoyotl View Post
    So how do you now feel about the US being out of alignment with the rest of the world? They are getting their sub cheaper than both the EU and UK once this goes through.

The UK and US were in line; only the EU wasn't. Blizzards solution was to increase the cost of the UK, still leaving a discrepancy, rather than reducing the EU, which would have left everything in line.

Strange how they went for the the "unfair" solution that makes them more money, rather than the "fair" one that would make them less, isn't it?
    This is the bit that people don't understand. Blizzard aren't doing this to bring it into alignment with the other currencies, they are doing it because they can.

Give it a few months and then the EU and the US prices will increase as well, how people can defend Blizzard is a joke to me.

Do you think the increase in cost will deliver content any quicker? Do you think you will get any better service? They are doing this just to make more profit.

The UK and EU are different economies as well. Yet the difference in prices there seemed to upset you. It's almost as if you have no cogent argument at all, and are just coming down on the side of "anything Blizzard does is the right thing".
    They're not different economies. Don't be silly.
    They're all within the European Union, UK just doesn't have the currency, not all EU countries do.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Europea..._animation.gif

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by AppleBelly View Post
    Give it a few months and then the EU and the US prices will increase as well, how people can defend Blizzard is a joke to me.
    If you don't think their product/services are worth your hard earned money - here's something: Unsubscribe. Vote with your wallet.
    Plot that down as a reason in your exit survey - that's the only reliable way to get Blizzard to re-think.

So your poor, buhuhuhu noone cares, just Unsub if you don't like it.. no need too create several pages long threads just because you can't afford a few extra coins

Quote Originally Posted by Jamyz View Post
    They're not different economies. Don't be silly.
    They're all within the European Union, UK just doesn't have the currency, not all EU countries do.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Europea..._animation.gif
    UK and EU aren't different economies? Despite the fact they have different currencies, set their own interest rates. Collect their own taxes, drive their own economic policy.

All you are showing is that you don't actually understand what an economy is. A trading group does not make it one giant economy. Even those countries that are using the Euro are still individual economies, that share a currency.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.

The volume of new game features and content in MoP is a direct consequence of people cancelling subscriptions during Cataclysm. You're welcome.

Even those countries that are using the Euro are still individual economies, that share a currency.
    Indeed, and still only UK has a special, lower sub fee. About time to align it.

Considering the loss of subs and age of the game, perhaps they should've lowered it for the rest of the EU to match the value of the UK price.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul360 View Post
    Considering the loss of subs and age of the game, perhaps they should've lowered it for the rest of the EU to match the value of the UK price.
    That would have been great - thought not very surprised they elected to raise the price. Very much a typical Blizzard decision, I think.
    They should take a leaf from Valve's book. Especially now that they have other ancillary products live (Hearthstone) or close to it (Heroes). Dumping sub price together with the expansion would most likely see surge of people in WoW - and - get them a ton of revenue from those other products as well.
    Last edited by Jamyz; 2014-08-16 at 12:46 PM.

Indeed, and still only UK has a special, lower sub fee. About time to align it.
    So why not align EU with US and UK, which were inline? Oh wait, we are back to you saying "because they are different economies".

Amusing as it is having this circular argument with you, I will give it up at that point. You can't argue with someone that is using both sides of the argument at the same time, and doesn't even appear to realise it.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.

The volume of new game features and content in MoP is a direct consequence of people cancelling subscriptions during Cataclysm. You're welcome.

It's kind of sad when people aggressively defend a company that's decided to charge them an extra 11% for no reason.

So why not align EU with US and UK, which were inline? Oh wait, we are back to you saying "because they are different economies".
    Because American market is not European market.
    UK market is much closer to European market than America is (it is in fact part of the European market and legistlation).
    Yes, there are differences within EU member countries, but America is not in that scope. If you believe it is, you're delusional.

The EU market needs to align. There can't be EU and UK prices, that's shit.

And yes, it would have been great if they'd gone the other way and lowered the EU sub to UK level. But they didn't - I'm happy we're going to have somewhat normalized European prizes at least.

Because American market is not European market.
    UK market is much closer to European market than America is (it is in fact part of the European market and legistlation).
    Yes, there are differences within EU member countries, but America is not in that scope. If you believe it is, you're delusional.

The EU market needs to align. There can't be EU and UK prices, that's shit.

And yes, it would have been great if they'd gone the other way and lowered the EU sub to UK level. But they didn't - I'm happy we're going to have somewhat normalized European prizes at least.
    but the prices are not "normalised" Polish people still pay "more" than French or Germans. The single currency model across EU is very bad and doesn't work as it doesn't take into account individual markets.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluejam View Post
    It's kind of sad when people aggressively defend a company that's decided to charge them an extra 11% for no reason.
    So the fact that the sub fee is cheaper in the UK than the rest of europe is not a valid reason to raise the price to bring it in line?
    "any man shaving for a woman should relinquish ownership of his testicles aswell"

Wait, what? You still pay less than the rest of EU, so what's the fucking problem? You're mad that you're actually being treated equally as the rest of the EU? Wow, speaking of entitlement...

Quote Originally Posted by Bluejam View Post
    I still pay the same amount I used to pay. I don't have a problem.

lol, doing this after 14 months of no content is disgusting.

Stop wanking, I pau €12.99 for 30 days and €26.99 for a 60-day prepaid card since Vanilla.
    I am the one who knocks!

Quote Originally Posted by Emophia View Post
    lol, doing this after 14 months of no content is disgusting.
    The game has lots of content. Just because you're not interested in it doesn't mean it doesn't exist. Plus, you shouldn't really think of it as 14 months. It was released 14 months ago, but you didn't consume all of it within a day. If something, you should start counting it after the progression was over for YOU. I don't think you've cleared normal/heroic on the very day it was released, did you? If so, you must be a godlike player.

Quote Originally Posted by malletin View Post
    So the fact that the sub fee is cheaper in the UK than the rest of europe is not a valid reason to raise the price to bring it in line?
    No. Why would it be?

A lot of people in this thread don't seem to understand basic economics.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Bring on a life-long sub for a fixed price.
    This PLEASE!

If you can't afford an extra £1 a month you shouldn't be paying for an MMO anyway

Big sub loss last quarter + price increase = no panic amongst stockholders