Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Here's the Euro prices:

Google says £9.99 is currently about 12.44 Euro, seems like they are just matching the prices across the region.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raven View Post
    About time then.
    Yet the US still says at approx £8.99? Flawed logic is flawed.
    Quote Originally Posted by mysticx View Post
    LFR can be too easy for individual players, but individual players get lumped with 24 other random people, and it's pretty much certain that in 25 random people you'll have at least one guy who makes you wonder how he managed to switch his computer on.

Deleted
    http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/3...for-two-years/

a link to the blue post.

It feels a bit crappy that they've increased the price, pretty much every mmo uses the 8.99 sub fee. Although in my mind I always thought of it as £10 anyway. As Rich said though £10 really isn't much, £1 is a bag of sweets, or 1 reasonably sized chocolate bar.

Quote Originally Posted by wych View Post
    That's not true, the pound is stronger against the dollar and Euro than it was a couple years back
    This is true. Have to keep upping us and euro costs on my companies products because of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

So basically the UK will now pay the same (nearly) as the rest of EU... the poor things.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Dont really care tbh... I dont know how much I pay for subscription anyways, for all I know they could be taking £20.99 out of my bank each month and I would be non the wiser...

Quote Originally Posted by Mozez View Post

a link to the blue post.

It feels a bit crappy that they've increased the price, pretty much every mmo uses the 8.99 sub fee. Although in my mind I always thought of it as £10 anyway. As Rich said though £10 really isn't much, £1 is a bag of sweets, or 1 reasonably sized chocolate bar.
    It's not so much the money itself, I mean £1 really is fuck all, I'll spend £10 on shots on a night out without even thinking about it.

It's more the principle of it all, especially with all the shit that's been cut from WoD

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    funny thing is £8.99 works out $14.99

£9.99 is $16.67

so i'd like to pay for my sub in dollars please blizzard.
    serious question. do you guys pay sales tax? cause almost every state, except delaware i think, in the US does so we pay more than $14.99 anyway. For instance, in NJ i paid $16.03 and NY pays about $16.25. granted its still more the EU but its not that far off.

Also you guys can lock in the current price for 2 years. only catch is you can't unsub during that time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marxman View Post
    I think many people use the word "scale" the same way the smurfs use "smurf".

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mozez View Post

a link to the blue post.

I just find their logic idiotic. Rather than make a HUGE amount of players happy by dropping EU sub costs to match, the piss off a section of the player base by raising the cost instead. This is the second set of price changes to hit the UK in not so many months.

I think its more the principle of the increase rather than by how much.

Deleted
    That 1 pound per month is really gonna hurt you. Oh wait. Get a job and stop living of your parents.

1 pound is like the equivalent of 10 mins work at the minimum wage. Oh lord, the sky is falling.

10+ Year Old Account
    An extra doll hair oh no!!!

Infracted.
    Last edited by Lochton; 2014-08-15 at 07:01 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by wych View Post
    It's not so much the money itself, I mean £1 really is fuck all, I'll spend £10 on shots on a night out without even thinking about it.

It's more the principle of it all, especially with all the shit that's been cut from WoD
    If the principle bothers you then just quit, an extra 25p a week wont even buy me a cup of tea and as such is hardly worth complaining about.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hazori View Post
    That 1 pound per month is really gonna hurt you. Oh wait. Get a job and stop living of your parents.

1 pound is like the equivalent of 10 mins work at the minimum wage. Oh lord, the sky is falling.
    Because everyone unhappy lives of their parents. Condescending dick. If you have nothing constructive to say don't speak

They timed that reveal very well haha. Not too big a price increase, I don't mind so much.

Quote Originally Posted by marcackermann86 View Post
    serious question. do you guys pay sales tax? cause almost every state, except delaware i think, in the US does so we pay more than $14.99 anyway. For instance, in NJ i paid $16.03 and NY pays about $16.25. granted its still more the EU but its not that far off.

Also you guys can lock in the current price for 2 years. only catch is you can't unsub during that time.
    Taxes are included in the price in EU.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackelyn View Post
    Dont really care tbh... I dont know how much I pay for subscription anyways, for all I know they could be taking £20.99 out of my bank each month and I would be non the wiser...
    same here. a few months ago i noticed i was being charged $14.99 twice a month and it went on for 9 months. i had no idea i was paying for two subs for almost a year. luckily i called them and they refunded all of the extra charges.

Quote Originally Posted by Hazori View Post

yes but you realise the prices of everything goes up right? food electricity gas petrol VAT rent etc etc.

soon £12 a year on 1 thing is £1000 across the board, it's never good news to hear price increases.

Quote Originally Posted by sebun View Post
    Taxes are included in the price in EU.
    so then its not really that far off when you look at the average price the US plays. Everyone just about pays at least $16 with taxes. i can understand the frustration though. however its not the end of the world and if £12 more a year really break the bank for you then you shouldn't really be playing.

Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    If the principle bothers you then just quit, an extra 25p a week wont even buy me a cup of tea and as such is hardly worth complaining about.
    That's a slippery slope you start on when you start letting companies take more and more without kicking up a fuss.

I did quit.

Yea. They have made so much and will make even more extra free profits via 14 months WOD delay, that they really should offer WOD for free, but they're rising prices by 10$ instead. And after that they also rising sub prices and trying to blackmail their customers? Don't you think, that it's too much?
    Sorry for my bad english.
    WOW Signature.(Warning! 10.9Mb gif animation!) MWO Signature.(Warning! 3.9Mb gif animation!)
    I think it's really easy and even attractive to people to daydream about worst case scenarios©Bashiok
    "No flying - no sub" Club "No tiers in LFR - no sub" Club