Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ...
5
6
7
8
9
17
... LastLast
  1. #121
    Moderator Gehco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    FEEL THE WRATH OF MY SPANNER!!
    Posts
    7,950
    Quote Originally Posted by Dispersedshadow View Post
    Someone do the math:

    If they don't release new content during the last 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, or 15 months of those 2 years, is the renewing subscription really a better deal?

    Seems more like they're attempting to come up with a deterrent to keep the money-wise amongst their players from unsubscribing when they can't manage to release new content.
    Sounds a little too much tinfoil on that. We can't know about the time of their release of course but really isn't much. It is their product afterall. They aren't forcing you to unsub or stay subbed. Current 'deal' isn't a deal but an offer to the ones who is still subscribed, you can stay with what you have or update to what others are paying.

    I have 2 accounts going, one pays in pounds and the other in euro. Sucks to pay 1 pound more in a way but in the end, 1 pound isn't much for example where I am from.
    If you disapprove of moderation, seek an Admin or Global Moderator.
    Stuff can be fixed, just get enough glue or duct tape!
    R.I.P Project 'Titan' - My curious mind will still think of you!

  2. #122
    They're just taking the piss at this point. First the unjustifiable rise in service charges and now a more than 10% increase in the cost of playing the game. What a fucking joke. CCP reduced their sub fees for UK subscribers, so all that "oh but it's been the same price since 2004" crap is laughable.

  3. #123
    Bloodsail Admiral Jamyz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    1,125
    Who cares, UK has their weird money anyhow. So not really a EU issue.

  4. #124
    Moderator Gehco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    FEEL THE WRATH OF MY SPANNER!!
    Posts
    7,950
    Quote Originally Posted by Hazori View Post
    Couldn't agree more. Now if they made it more expensive than any other region, I'd definitely get their anger and frustration.
    That is how I see it.

    It is only really the UK and/or UK accounts out in the world, rest is euro in europe. They are still cheaper than our prices. If they raised it across the border as you said, it would be reason it stare and growl.
    If you disapprove of moderation, seek an Admin or Global Moderator.
    Stuff can be fixed, just get enough glue or duct tape!
    R.I.P Project 'Titan' - My curious mind will still think of you!

  5. #125
    Quote Originally Posted by Thaladhrun View Post
    Well you said complaining doesn't work, not that it specifically must always effect price changes, which is a different kettle of fish. Sometimes it can, where the company can afford to absorb the losses.
    It still matters on what they reverted prices back on though.

    If it's a service under a contractual agreement, then yes reverting can make sense as you can cancel contracts whenever the costs rises, for free. But in case of blizzard, that same scenario doesn't make any sense. So that's why I'm asking if it's product or service related.
    Last edited by Hazori; 2014-08-15 at 06:36 PM.

  6. #126
    Quote Originally Posted by HavocPrime View Post
    That is harsh considering they have let us all spend 14 months with no new content.

    If there was regular, good content then I can understand a price increase but this is a bitter pill to swallow.
    Like it have been said many times before, the change won´t be applied from when WoD is released so you have new content.

  7. #127
    Quote Originally Posted by lyandria View Post
    Brittish logic: We pay less for sub in EU, get a price increase and still pay less than EU --> Complain

    Dat logic brits... dat bloody logic
    I don't know you, but i guess you are quite young. You don't understand the value of money. You realize that the salary in UK and rest of EU is quite different. Hell, even EU countries suffer from the sub prices. Eastern EU countries pay A LOT for subs because of paying in euros. Friend of mine from Poland pays 85 zl for 2 months of sub. And 85zl is a lot for them.

  8. #128
    Quote Originally Posted by lyandria View Post
    SEK is not weak at all, it's a very powerful and stable currency, learn your facts right again, teenagers these days...

    And you poor brit still pay less than rest of EU, currency is irrelevant in this matter, and you my friend have no idea what you are talking about but funny that you still complain about increase when you STILL pay less than rest of Europe.

    Brits can't afford dentists, and now they can't afford WoW, I feel sorry for brits


    Currency is far from irrelevant. By your argument everything should be put u in price in the UK because poor delicate EU population have to pay more because they have a weak ass currency.
    So the UK players should just sit back and be all ok because EU still pays more. Nice lack of argument.

    Nice attempt at nation bashing there too. Such a shame you couldnt come up with anything original and had to fall back on a tired US joke.

  9. #129
    The Patient lyandria's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Sweden, Norrköping
    Posts
    223
    Quote Originally Posted by regelord View Post
    I don't know you, but i guess you are quite young. You don't understand the value of money. You realize that the salary in UK and rest of EU is quite different. Hell, even EU countries suffer from the sub prices. Eastern EU countries pay A LOT for subs because of paying in euros. Friend of mine from Poland pays 85 zl for 2 months of sub. And 85zl is a lot for them.
    I am 30 years old my little teenager friend.

    And as I said earlier; Brits can't afford WoW with 1 pound increase and still pay less than rest of eu... pathetic
    You don't earn less than Swedes do, you earn pretty good with shitty jobs.

  10. #130
    Scarab Lord UnifiedDivide's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    4,158
    Quote Originally Posted by Hazori View Post
    It's still a very long time at the same price though, I've rarely seen companies raise their prices from so far ahead and certainly not giving you a 2 year duration at the lower price point. Unless it's with contracted things like internet and such, but even they never give you 2 years, even if you've been customer for a decade.
    I agree to some extent. Netflix are doing the same right now actually. Their price is going up by £1/2 but people using the service before the raise can still to paying the normal price for the next 2 years, even if you cancel and then restart the subscription.

    Even at the current price, many people will want to keep their sub going simply because it will be cheaper for them while they do. As soon as they cancel, they know they will have to pay more to start playing again. So it can be somewhat psychological and get people to keep subbed for 2 years just so they can have the lower price. It's pretty genius on Blizzard's part, imo.

    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Well, you don't bind to a contract of 2 years, it is a maximum of 2 years. The new prices only seem to slice at the people who is already at an expensive choice of paying game time, sadly.

    Though, 9.99 pounds, still cheaper than 12.99 euro as I pay (At todays exchange rate). I find this a little odd to the strike, I mean, this much aggressive reaction for a product that is more expensive other places.

    And I don't really think this is a 'pay for more because we say' as so many think it is.
    I think the aggression comes from the simple fact people have to pay more money. Nobody likes that lol It doesn't matter what any other country pays really. As soon as one of the countries has to pay more, a lot of those people won't be happy.

    Personally, I'm not too bothered. It's only an extra £1 each month.

    I think it is extremely poor timing to announce it too. So long with content and the service prices recently went up too. I'm sure people don't feel as though they're getting their money's worth.
    Last edited by UnifiedDivide; 2014-08-15 at 06:43 PM.

    Sometimes updated...

  11. #131
    The Lightbringer Zathrendar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    The land of eternal grey
    Posts
    3,037
    Quote Originally Posted by Hazori View Post
    It still matters to what they reverted prices back on though. If it's a service under a contractual agreement, then yes reverting can make sense as you cancel contracts whenever the costs rises, for free. But in case of blizzard, that same scenario doesn't make any sense. So that's why I'm asking if it's product or service related.
    Yes, Blizzard is far less likely to capitulate on their prices than many other companies, but they do on features like the new models. I'm not really sure they will have much of a choice though if a lot of consumers keep cancelling their subs. That is a very overt form of complaining.
    Start trying to work out who deserves what, and before long you’ll spend the rest of your days weeping for each and every person in the world.

  12. #132
    The Patient lyandria's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Sweden, Norrköping
    Posts
    223
    Quote Originally Posted by Ogedai View Post
    Currency is far from irrelevant. By your argument everything should be put u in price in the UK because poor delicate EU population have to pay more because they have a weak ass currency.
    So the UK players should just sit back and be all ok because EU still pays more. Nice lack of argument.

    Nice attempt at nation bashing there too. Such a shame you couldnt come up with anything original and had to fall back on a tired US joke.
    You sure are a moron, pathetic moron : /

    12.99 euro in pound is: 10.42 pounds.

    That's what we pay, we are rich in rest europe compared to apparently brits who can't afford a wow subscription lol pathetic.. u make me laugh so hard

  13. #133
    The Lightbringer Zathrendar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    The land of eternal grey
    Posts
    3,037
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    As soon as they cancel, they know they will have to pay more to start playing again. So it can be somewhat psychological and get people to keep subbed for a while 2 years just so they can have the lower price. It's pretty genius on Blizzard's part, imo.
    Yes, I think this has more to do with it, in light of their subs falling even farther.
    Start trying to work out who deserves what, and before long you’ll spend the rest of your days weeping for each and every person in the world.

  14. #134
    Quote Originally Posted by lyandria View Post
    I am 30 years old my little teenager friend.

    And as I said earlier; Brits can't afford WoW with 1 pound increase and still pay less than rest of eu... pathetic
    You don't earn less than Swedes do, you earn pretty good with shitty jobs.
    HAHAHAHAHA yeh ok. You try living on minimum wage (shitty jobs) when the cost of living is 40% higher than what you actually earn as a wage. "earning pretty good" compared to Poland/Romania for a shit job, is very very far from earning a decent wage.

    Stop with the condescension as-well you arrogant prick. For someone claiming to be "30" you sure as hell post like a sexually frustrated teenager

    Infracted.
    Last edited by Gehco; 2014-08-15 at 06:41 PM.

  15. #135
    And the funny thing is, all the Americans telling people to suck it up or quit...hmm, I doubt you'd be singing that tune if Blizzard raised OUR prices.

    I feel bad for you guys, I really do. This game just isn't worth the cost increase. Well, I don't feel it's worth the original cost to begin with, so raising it is just that much worse. This is going to chase off even more players, and Blizzard is really getting down to the point where they can't afford to lose much more. I wonder if this price increase has anything to do with the loss of players they just experienced?
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .

  16. #136
    Quote Originally Posted by lyandria View Post
    I am 30 years old my little teenager friend.

    And as I said earlier; Brits can't afford WoW with 1 pound increase and still pay less than rest of eu... pathetic
    You don't earn less than Swedes do, you earn pretty good with shitty jobs.
    1. Pretty mature calling me 'little teenager' for 30y
    2. 'earn pretty good with shitty jobs' - because you've been there and you worked here. No questions.

  17. #137
    Quote Originally Posted by lyandria View Post
    You sure are a moron, pathetic moron : /

    12.99 euro in pound is: 10.42 pounds.

    That's what we pay, we are rich i europe except apparently brits who can't afford a wow subscription lol pathetic..
    As with every other post you made, you are too bloody stupid to understand the issue. feel free to GTFO of the thread. "But EU pays more" is not a valid argument

  18. #138
    Quote Originally Posted by Thaladhrun View Post
    Yes, Blizzard is far less likely to capitulate on their prices than many other companies, but they do on features like the new models. I'm not really sure they will have much of a choice though if a lot of consumers keep cancelling their subs. That is a very overt form of complaining.
    The subs have dropped by 1.3 million during some point in mop, prices didn't go down. I doubt prices will go down now.

  19. #139
    The Patient lyandria's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Sweden, Norrköping
    Posts
    223
    Quote Originally Posted by Ogedai View Post
    HAHAHAHAHA yeh ok. You try living on minimum wage (shitty jobs) when the cost of living is 40% higher than what you actually earn as a wage. "earning pretty good" compared to Poland/Romania for a shit job, is very very far from earning a decent wage.

    Stop with the condescension as-well you arrogant prick. For someone claiming to be "30" you sure as hell post like a sexually frustrated teenager
    Haha you are one hell of a fucking idiot, go die please you pathetic fucking teenager

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Ogedai View Post
    As with every other post you made, you are too bloody stupid to understand the issue. feel free to GTFO of the thread. "But EU pays more" is not a valid argument
    I can't believe how stupid you are, you must have some kind of record of being poor and stupid.. how's your teeth brit?
    Teeth falling out?

    Infracted.

  20. #140
    Quote Originally Posted by lyandria View Post
    Haha you are one hell of a fucking idiot, go die please you pathetic fucking teenager

    - - - Updated - - -



    I can't believe how stupid you are, you must have some kind of record of being poor and stupid.. how's your teeth brit?
    Teeth falling out?
    And this is example of 30 years old WoW players. Pretty mature.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •