Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluejam View Post
    That's not really how it works.
    Especially considering it doesnt take into account taxation rates

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorzzara View Post
    You could have had the Euro a couple years ago. You decided to be the cool kid on the block. Now you pay more for your subscription You don't get to call the "team thing", when you deliberately didn't want to be part of the team ^^
    After the price increase, the UK price is STILL cheaper than the price in euros. That's the funny thing about all the people whining about this >.>

Quote Originally Posted by Hazori View Post
    You can look at it from 300 different angles. Still doesn't change the fact that the UK paid less than the EU. From a consumer pov, it's only fair.
    I am not arguing what you referred to. I quoted what I disagreed with.

But for your point, as a consumer, not from the U.K., I don't find it fair; I do find the attitude kind of spiteful though. Fair for me would be for the rest of us to pay less as well.
    Last edited by Drithien; 2014-08-15 at 07:08 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kae View Post
    After the price increase, the UK price is STILL cheaper than the price in euros. That's the funny thing about all the people whining about this >.>
    That's because its still an 11% price increase. Who pays more and who doesnt is a completely separate issue.
    People never like price increases. Especially with flaky reasoning

An increase of £7 a month to £10 a month over 10 years is well within the realms of reasonable inflation. You complain that is an 11% rise this year, but ignore all the previous years when there was no increase at all.
    A comparison of charged between the UK, EU and US has to taken into account local taxation rates and currency fluctuations.

It's still one of the cheapest out there.
    Last edited by Smurflord; 2014-08-15 at 07:08 PM.
    Gorbag - Elemental Shaman since Nov 2004
    Raider of Logic Tarren Mill EU

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by wych View Post
    From a consumer pov the fair thing to do would be to reduce the EU price as a gesture of good will and apology for the long contentless period, and for the cutting of stuff from new expac.
    Yep as I said, you can look at it from a lot of angles. But that model is very orthodox and you'll rarely see a company do a move like that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by regelord View Post
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...y_average_wage

This pretty much shows who should pay less and who should pay more.
    High net value means nothing. You could have very high net value and very high taxes..
    You'd still have less than the one with lower net value and taxes.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Motherbrain View Post
    How come brits complain about this? Aren't they still paying the smallest price in whole Europe?
    this has been answered so many times its beyond tiresome

http://www.oanda.com/currency/converter/

9.99 brittish pound is according to this website 12.4655 EUR so wtf are you complaining about? Maybe they should just remove the option to pay with pounds and let the UK pay with 12.99 Euro like the rest of EU. Even here in Sweden we can't use our own currency on battle.net.

Deleted
    There are plenty of websites where you can buy prepaid codes in dollars.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Axelond View Post
    http://www.oanda.com/currency/converter/

9.99 brittish pound is according to this website 12.4655 EUR so wtf are you complaining about? Maybe they should just remove the option to pay with pounds and let the UK pay with 12.99 Euro like the rest of EU. Even here in Sweden we can't use our own currency on battle.net.
    As stated so many times. It doesn't matter who pays what. The issue is an 11% price hike for "reasons" Why people think anyone should be ok with a price increase is beyond common sense. And the whole "eu pays more" argument has been beaten to death already. It holds no water at all.

I did mention the whole making all EU based transactions Euro only. But then UK would still pay less on currency conversion and people would still cry about it

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Motherbrain View Post
    Ah, so you think it's ok that brits pay less than rest of entire Europe?
    You think its ok to just throw an 11% price hike in? Who pays more is irrelevant to the discussion. It's a very very weak argument to try and justify it

wow who wouldve thought. its just blizz being greedy for $$ since that's all they care about. nothing new here

Deleted
    You can look at it from 300 different angles. Still doesn't change the fact that the UK paid less than the EU. From a consumer pov, it's only fair.
    Which consumer? The UK consumer which didn't go with the Euro or the rest of the EU/ Europe which decided to go with the Euro.

In the mind of the UK consumer why should they pay more when they didn't go with/ forced to use the Euro. Now it would not matter they updated the price every month so one month the Pound would have to spend more then preveous months but it doesn't. Blizzard decided to increase the price because they wanted the price to be "fairer" when it isn't in the view point the the UK citizen.

Deleted
    Console prices used to be 29.99 10 years ago, now it's over 59.99 for most. Yeah they definitely haven't gone up.
    Many of the SNES games I bought/got back in 92/93 costed 799 SEK (swedish currency) so with todays rate that is ~87€ or ~70£

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowmidgit View Post
    Which consumer? The UK consumer which didn't go with the Euro or the rest of the EU/ Europe which decided to go with the Euro.

In the mind of the UK consumer why should they pay more when they didn't go with/ forced to use the Euro. Now it would not matter they updated the price every month so one month the Pound would have to spend more then preveous months but it doesn't. Blizzard decided to increase the price because they wanted the price to be "fairer" when it isn't in the view point the the UK citizen.
    The static EU wide price isnt even fair to actual Euro users either

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wych View Post
    Woah what the fuck?

14 months no content, a more expensive expansion pack release, and now they're increasing the price of subs.

What the hell is going on?
    I'm going to assume you don't realize how pricey shit is anymore. Wages have gone up, gas has gone up, food in general has gone up, housing has skyrocketed- and this is all within the USA. I can't imagine how crazy the EU is right now.

Deleted
    I just find it amazing.....can only put it down to ACTIVISION CO wanting another mega million bonus

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mighty Blue Bear View Post
    I'm going to assume you don't realize how pricey shit is anymore. Wages have gone up, gas has gone up, food in general has gone up, housing has skyrocketed- and this is all within the USA. I can't imagine how crazy the EU is right now.
    so why is yours not going up then ????????

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ogedai View Post
    The static EU wide price isnt even fair to actual Euro users either
    Which is why they should update all of the subscription fees so it doesn't feel like Blizzard is just targeting the UK. Which is most likely why the other UK posters seem so annoyed is because blizzard was targeting one country/ countries. Or they could atleast update all of Europe.

You would think that after once again leaving us without content for a year they'd be doing their best to ingratiate themselves with their customers instead of trying to milk us harder.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowmidgit View Post
    Which is why they should update all of the subscription fees so it doesn't feel like Blizzard is just targeting the UK. Which is most likely why the other UK posters seem so annoyed is because blizzard was targeting one country/ countries. Or they could atleast update all of Europe.
    Yeh but why do that when you can squeeze part of your player base under the guise of "fairness" and soft people will support them for invalid reasons