Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Einsz View Post
    "The new price for recurring subscriptions will be £9.99 for 30 days, £28.17 for 90 days, and £52.14 for 180 days. The suggested retail price of the 60-day prepaid time card will be £20.99."

No content for 14 months, 800k players leaving -> np lets milk the cash from EU
    No no no no no no no no no my friend

The milking of EU? Nope. The Milking of UK? Yep.

You could have had the Euro a couple years ago. You decided to be the cool kid on the block. Now you pay more for your subscription You don't get to call the "team thing", when you deliberately didn't want to be part of the team ^^
    -== Worgen Rageface makes me laugh ==-

Quote Originally Posted by Exileos View Post
    Pay the same as the rest of us or gtfo.
    No questions.
    I'd love to, us sub price is $15, no?
    That's around £8.99, which was our old price.

Honestly not that big a deal with the 2 year spacing if you have a recurring sub, with the direction the game is going then it'll either
    a) Be worth the price hike
    b) Have stopped being worth the sub
    since they seem to be going in some pretty ballsy directions with class design that I'll either grow to deal with or resent enough to quit.

Can't say I'm sure WHY the game deserves a price increase when it seems to be in decline more than anything though, the expansion increase was surprising enough for me, let alone a monthly one for the poor saps who aren't saved by the recurring sub deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorzzara View Post

You could have had the Euro a couple years ago. You decided to be the cool kid on the block. Now you pay more for your subscription You don't get to call the "team thing", when you deliberately didn't want to be part of the team ^^
    You're aware the sub fee is already higher than the dollar in euros, right?
    Last edited by Nagassh; 2014-08-15 at 07:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by regelord View Post
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...y_average_wage

This pretty much shows who should pay less and who should pay more.
    That's not really how it works.

Scarab Lord
    Quote Originally Posted by Hazori View Post
    You can look at it from 300 different angles. Still doesn't change the fact that the UK paid less than the EU. From a consumer pov, it's only fair.
    From a consumer pov the fair thing to do would be to reduce the EU price as a gesture of good will and apology for the long contentless period, and for the cutting of stuff from new expac.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamyz View Post
    Who cares, UK has their weird money anyhow. So not really a EU issue.
    & you lot have your monopoly money.
    you can shove that euro crap where the sun dont shine!!

Infracted.
    Last edited by Gehco; 2014-08-16 at 12:57 PM.

That's because there is no EU "TEAM". There is Germany, then everyone else who gets propped up by Germany.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluejam View Post
    That is definitely not how it works. Just shows how generalization of prices to pounds/euros hurt countries which have their own currency even tho they belong to EU.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluejam View Post
    Especially considering it doesnt take into account taxation rates

After the price increase, the UK price is STILL cheaper than the price in euros. That's the funny thing about all the people whining about this >.>

Quote Originally Posted by Hazori View Post
    You can look at it from 300 different angles. Still doesn't change the fact that the UK paid less than the EU. From a consumer pov, it's only fair.
    I am not arguing what you referred to. I quoted what I disagreed with.

But for your point, as a consumer, not from the U.K., I don't find it fair; I do find the attitude kind of spiteful though. Fair for me would be for the rest of us to pay less as well.
    Last edited by Drithien; 2014-08-15 at 07:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kae View Post
    After the price increase, the UK price is STILL cheaper than the price in euros. That's the funny thing about all the people whining about this >.>
    That's because its still an 11% price increase. Who pays more and who doesnt is a completely separate issue.
    People never like price increases. Especially with flaky reasoning

An increase of £7 a month to £10 a month over 10 years is well within the realms of reasonable inflation. You complain that is an 11% rise this year, but ignore all the previous years when there was no increase at all.
    A comparison of charged between the UK, EU and US has to taken into account local taxation rates and currency fluctuations.

It's still one of the cheapest out there.
    Last edited by Smurflord; 2014-08-15 at 07:08 PM.
    Gorbag - Elemental Shaman since Nov 2004
    Guild leader of <Lost Society >
    Tarren Mill EU

Quote Originally Posted by wych View Post
    From a consumer pov the fair thing to do would be to reduce the EU price as a gesture of good will and apology for the long contentless period, and for the cutting of stuff from new expac.
    Yep as I said, you can look at it from a lot of angles. But that model is very orthodox and you'll rarely see a company do a move like that.
    ----

WoD Launch date on 28/10 OR 11/11 OR 18/11. Updated on 01/08/2014.

----

Quote Originally Posted by regelord View Post
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...y_average_wage

This pretty much shows who should pay less and who should pay more.
    High net value means nothing. You could have very high net value and very high taxes..
    You'd still have less than the one with lower net value and taxes.
    ----

WoD Launch date on 28/10 OR 11/11 OR 18/11. Updated on 01/08/2014.

----

Quote Originally Posted by Motherbrain View Post
    How come brits complain about this? Aren't they still paying the smallest price in whole Europe?
    this has been answered so many times its beyond tiresome

How come brits complain about this? Aren't they still paying the smallest price in whole Europe?
    And yet it is still the exact same price people in the US pay. Rather than bitching at each other about this, we should be asking why Blizzard didn't lower the Euro price to bring it in line. Other than the fact that would be just a nice thing to do ofc...

Rarely updated...

Mechagnome
    http://www.oanda.com/currency/converter/

9.99 brittish pound is according to this website 12.4655 EUR so wtf are you complaining about? Maybe they should just remove the option to pay with pounds and let the UK pay with 12.99 Euro like the rest of EU. Even here in Sweden we can't use our own currency on battle.net.

There are plenty of websites where you can buy prepaid codes in dollars.

Quote Originally Posted by Axelond View Post
    http://www.oanda.com/currency/converter/

9.99 brittish pound is according to this website 12.4655 EUR so wtf are you complaining about? Maybe they should just remove the option to pay with pounds and let the UK pay with 12.99 Euro like the rest of EU. Even here in Sweden we can't use our own currency on battle.net.
    As stated so many times. It doesn't matter who pays what. The issue is an 11% price hike for "reasons" Why people think anyone should be ok with a price increase is beyond common sense. And the whole "eu pays more" argument has been beaten to death already. It holds no water at all.

I did mention the whole making all EU based transactions Euro only. But then UK would still pay less on currency conversion and people would still cry about it

- - - Updated - - -

Ah, so you think it's ok that brits pay less than rest of entire Europe?
    You think its ok to just throw an 11% price hike in? Who pays more is irrelevant to the discussion. It's a very very weak argument to try and justify it

wow who wouldve thought. its just blizz being greedy for $$ since that's all they care about. nothing new here
    hey