Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    In the UK sub price has been £8.99 since the game released in 2005... With inflation that means the cost of the sub has actually been going down continuously since release. I don't like paying more for something any more than anyone else but the price of everything else has gone up in the last 10 years so why wouldn't WOW ? It's amazing they kept the price the same for almost a decade...

Increasing the sub does nothing more than bring it back to what we were actually paying in 2005 with inflation taken into consideration.
    Last edited by Paulosio; 2014-08-15 at 07:35 PM.

Deleted
    In WoD it will change apparently.

So...
    US pays 15$
    UK will pay 16,68$
    Europe pays 17,40$

Stop whining!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowmidgit View Post
    Which is why they should update all of the subscription fees so it doesn't feel like Blizzard is just targeting the UK. Which is most likely why the other UK posters seem so annoyed is because blizzard was targeting one country/ countries. Or they could atleast update all of Europe.
    They actually did a few years ago, 1 month sub went from €11,99 to €12,99

i thought people are smart enough to buy game time from 3rd party for waaaaay cheaper price.

Quote Originally Posted by Rebslack View Post
    It hasn't changed for 10 years. Why now?
    Be happy it didn't. People should be happy the price stayed the same for so long. The cost of everything else goes up every year.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mystrome View Post
    Its more about the fact that 1euro is a lot more valuable in say, Poland than it is in Germany. Looking at it in a very crude methiod, Polish pay "more" because it actually costs them "more" in actual value than it would in Germany

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mystrome View Post
    Let me rephrase my comment. They should update both the UK sub and EU sub together instead of one at a time. It would be easier to make them both cost similar (I presume that anyway).

Considering Blizz have been charging more for game related services (transfers etc) and a cash shop, I am very surprised that they're upping the subscription fee for the UK. Those price rises and the inclusion of the cash shop should have been subsidising subscription fees. I also expect people that pay in pounds are quite a small number (I'd say a million tops) so it's not going to generate that much more relative revenue. It makes very little sense, and price rises always put people off a product and stop them from partaking in it.
    RETH

Deleted
    Be glad that you don't have to pay in EUR though. We almost always get a 1 USD = 1 EUR conversion. On the other hand, if I were from the UK and had a running subscription, I would ask myself if they had lost their mind - not releasing any content for over one year and then really daring to increase the monthly rate?

Yeesh, do people not understand how inflation and currency exchange works? The GBP has been in decline for a while, so they've been losing money on UK subscriptions each year it has. If anything, the UK has gotten the much better end of the deal for many years. 1 pound increase isn't even close to enough to cover that cost.

Also worth mentioning, according to US government data, $15 (US monthly subscription) in 2004 would be almost $19 today, so if anything, the US subscription should also be going up.

10+ Year Old Account
    While on principle I agree it's quite surprising the price increase comes at a time like this, it's still peanuts compared to what eastern European countries pay.

Take my country for example: 12.99EU = 800den. The average salary is around 9,000den. Feel free you keep the "don't play if you can't afford it" shit to yourself. I'm not complaining here, simply stating facts.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by GarGar View Post
    Yeesh, do people not understand how inflation and currency exchange works? The GBP has been in decline for a while, so they've been losing money on UK subscriptions each year it has. If anything, the UK has gotten the much better end of the deal for many years. 1 pound increase isn't even close to enough to cover that cost.

Also worth mentioning, according to US government data, $15 (US monthly subscription) in 2004 would be almost $19 today, so if anything, the US subscription should also be going up.
    The GBP has not been in decline for a while.. wish people would stop pushing this incorrect information. It has been gaining up until today's dip.

Quote Originally Posted by GarGar View Post

You don't understand. We, the World of Warcraft community, no longer play games to enjoy them, so to reflect the change in our priorities now, we make up stuff to entertain ourselves.

Hence why we now go out of our way to be outraged at stuff. It never occurred to them to just simply stop doing it, and do other things. No, get angry.
    Whoever loves let him flourish. / Let him perish who knows not love. / Let him perish twice who forbids love. - Pompeii

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't see the need for Blizz to change it for us, change it for everyone, or don't change it at all =/
    Shath'mag vwyq shu et'agthu, Shath'mag sshk ye! Krz'ek fhn'z agash zz maqdahl or'kaaxth'ma amqa!
    The Black Empire once ruled this pitiful world, and it will do so again! Your pitiful kind will know only despair and sorrow for a hundred thousand millennia to come!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ratatosk View Post
    While on principle I agree it's quite surprising the price increase comes at a time like this, it's still peanuts compared to what eastern European countries pay.

Take my country for example: 12.99EU = 800den. The average salary is around 9,000den. Feel free you keep the "don't play if you can't afford it" shit to yourself. I'm not complaining here, simply stating facts.
    This is exactly why the static pay model doesn't work.

Quote Originally Posted by Einsz View Post
    "The new price for recurring subscriptions will be £9.99 for 30 days, £28.17 for 90 days, and £52.14 for 180 days. The suggested retail price of the 60-day prepaid time card will be £20.99."

No content for 14 months, 800k players leaving -> np lets milk the cash from EU
    Thats not EU eu has allways been 12.99€ UK have been cheap as hell with their £s

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowmidgit View Post
    Let me rephrase my comment. They should update both the UK sub and EU sub together instead of one at a time. It would be easier to make them both cost similar (I presume that anyway).
    Yeah absolutely. Adjusting prices region-wide would make more sense and create less disgruntled feelings about it. As someone else mentioned though, look up a 60-day card from online shops. I just found one that offers it for €20,98 which is €10,49 a month. Even for a 180-day sub you pay €10,99 a month if you buy it in the Blizzard store.

You still pay less than Sweden, lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mouri Kogorou View Post
    i thought people are smart enough to buy game time from 3rd party for waaaaay cheaper price.
    How much is "waaaaay cheaper"?