Deleted

This is how the High King matter should have been handled!

I just watched the first episode of the Lords of War, and I must say that this is how the High King matter should have been handled.
    For those who didn't see it on first page:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LG3RVCEwCPg

from 0:00 to 1:30 is the part I am talking about.

Varian sits there looking at figurines thinking that this is the Horde that attacked his kingdom and killed his father when he was but a boy and he wonders if there is a way to defeat it. Maraad comes and starts bringing him wisdom about the warlords so he may better defeat them. And this is the whole issue. The leaders of the Alliance races should have been the ones to teach Varian a thing or two, and when he would have shown that he learned what they had to say, they would have given him the command of their military (in the end, High King means he's just the military commander, if someone again tries to say that he's the full leader of the Alliance, like a warchief, here are some links showing that he's merely the supreme army commander:
    https://twitter.com/ChrisMetzen/stat...59705844957184
    https://twitter.com/DaveKosak/status/260962040292720641).

That would have made him a much more liked leader by the people playing Alliance. I mean, if you'd have seen Varian in A Little Patience going how orcs are brutes and have to be slaughtered and we should charge in, for he can handle a bunch of orcs, in the end, he's bested them in the arena, but then Tyrande started saying that yes, they are brutes and need to be murdered but she'd explain to him how orcs would expect that he's charge in and the only way to battle them in this position would be to lure them out into a trap for the orcs lack patience and Varian shouldn't act the same, then Varian actually did this and Tyrande would say at the end that she feels it's great that he has learned patience, and while he still has much to learn, the night elves are willing to support him and she is willing to place her army under his command in joint operations.
    Wouldn't that have been much better then Tyrande raging and Varian going "yea, sit still, we've got this"?

Disclaimer: I still think that the Alliance should be a federation, but a supreme commander should exist, and if that is Varian... well... good enough. He should have been named supreme commander though, not high king, at least from my opinion.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowraven View Post
    Disclaimer: I still think that the Alliance should be a federation, but a supreme commander should exist, and if that is Varian... well... good enough. He should have been named supreme commander though, not high king, at least from my opinion.
    No...he shouldn't.

Humans are the most pwoerful and most visible member of the Alliance.
    Not only should there be a Supreme Commander - not High King - but it should be a position used to give another race some screentime.

Jarod Shadowsong would make a decent Supreme Commander.

EJL

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    No...he shouldn't.

Humans are the most pwoerful and most visible member of the Alliance.
    Not only should there be a Supreme Commander - not High King - but it should be a position used to give another race some screentime.

EJL
    He's got my vote!

And I agree that whole High King thing was poorly handled. I hope they keep making these videos in the future. They are a good way to get the lore out and everything. Now if only Blizz would make one to show the whole Garrosh imprisonment and escape to Draenor to clear a lot of player's questions regarding the whole time stuff.
    Black Lives Matter

Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post

EJL
    This.. Whenever you think of the Alliance, does the first thing that comes to your mimd... is it dwarves? No. Ironforge? No Is it elves? Darnassus? No. Space goats? Their crystal spaceship? No. Humans? Yes. Stormwind? Yes.

When you think of great Alliance leaders, you never immiedietly think of Kurdan or Maraad; it's always going to be like: "Great Alliance hero?" Anduin. Turalyon. Varian. Captain Rogers. Admirial Taylor. [Insert random pink skin here] .

By putting up a non pinkskin as Supreme Commander for once (Clarification: Varian is not the official supreme commander, even though he litterally is. Bolvar was the last official one), people might begin to think of the Alliance as a whole, rather than just Stormwind backed by 5 lesser nations and an assimilated culture.

Great ideas for supreme commander: Jarod Shadowsong (It's a shame that most people have never heard of this dude; seriously, why isn't he running Darnassus? He's 100x more qualified as a racial leader of the elves of Tyrande or Antlerman), Muradin (Oh man, the baddassitude!) and Maraad (the only awesome Draenei with character development ever other than Velen).

Deleted
    I agree that Jarod Shadowsong should have gotten the supreme commander rank. Especially since the night elves feel like the race most detached from the Alliance in a way, while they are still one of the most powerful members. It would also be great as monarchs don't have much time to run the armies, they need to take care of internal and economical problems, despite what Varian might want, his kingdom is going to shit when he goes to fight or lead some army, seen in places like Westfall or the such.