10+ Year Old Account

Concerning Resonating Power Glyph for Prot

Hey guys, just a quick question for the mathies!

So everything that i will eb talking about is in regards to the MOST OUTPUT (dps). I do not care about survivability.

My question is in regards to glyph choices. Of course, we have HtL and Heavy reps, but what about the third glyph?

I see some top parsers using Unending, as i would think this gives me ample time to recognize when i have 90+ rage and i can bleed it off for heroic strikes while still having enough for a block SS combo, but some are using Resonating Power. I would think it would be less forgiving on rage management, but for what bosses is RP a better choice for boss dps, and how will it fit into my rotation? Before Devastate but after Revenge?

Thanks!

Replacing the 3rd devastate after a shield slam while glyphed will be a dps up - even single target. Two or more targets, if you're looking for dps, keep trumping devastate with TC.

Depending on your gear levels... 4 targets TC is likely better than revenge, 5 it is likely better than SS.

10+ Year Old Account
    So what are you saying?

Which bosses should i be using Resonating Power on? And during these bosses, how would thunder clap fall into my rotation?

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Okay. With glyph TC replaces Devestate as a filler. So if neither shieldbash nor revenge is up and TC is ready,m press thunderclap instead of Devestate. The usual go-to third glyph is unending rage. If you have mastered your spending of rage, you will not cap with a max-100 ragebar, so you are free to pick something else. Theoretically you could then use resonating power on everyboss, unless your tactic requires something else.

Note that the damage increase is minimal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I've done nothing wrong. I'm not the one with the problem its everyone else that has a problem with me.
    Quote Originally Posted by MilesMcStyles View Post
    I don't care that other people don't play the content that I enjoy.

10+ Year Old Account
    How minimal are we talkin?

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    replace every now and then a devestate with a slightly stronger devestate which happens to aoe. that minimal. Most damage is generated through optimal usage of the heavy repurcussion glyph.
    I've done nothing wrong. I'm not the one with the problem its everyone else that has a problem with me.

Deleted
    I wouldnt say its slighty stronger. Glyphed TC hits twice as hard as devastate does.

I would suggest the following GCD usage:

1. SS
    2. dev
    3. dev
    4. TC
    5. repeat with 1.

Reason to skip the 3. dev and replace it with TC exactly at that place is: The possible SS proc from devastate at the 4th gcd has no benefit because SS would be ready anyways at the next GCD. But replacing dev for TC before the 4th GCD could cost you a SS proc.

Of course you always do the prio:

SS > revenge > devastate all the time.

That means if you have a revenge open for 2. or 3. and even 4. gcd you use it.
    SS procs have always top priority and will reset your GCD list mentioned above.

So altogether we go:

1. SS
    2. REV > DEV
    3. SS proc > REV > DEV
    4. SS proc > REV > TC
    5. repeat with 1.
    Last edited by mmoc51b1e9c51e; 2014-08-11 at 04:47 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    You're nuts Moxie!

thank you,

I was looking at TC - seems to me that the AP modifiers really shine on high vengeance fights

Deleted
    At the same time though shield slam procs from devastate plus if devastates crits it gives you rage PLUS if shield slam crits it wil give you ultimatum so the dmg increase of resonating power is questioneble really.

And it really depends on what, if any viable other glyphs they come up with. We still have a lot of broken/useless glyphs which has limited our options. I hope they fix glyphs, add a couple more back to our pool to compensate for the lost ones, but at this point I highly doubt it.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Von Bosch View Post
    At the same time though shield slam procs from devastate plus if devastates crits it gives you rage PLUS if shield slam crits it wil give you ultimatum so the dmg increase of resonating power is questioneble really.
    Actually it is not questionable. That a glyphed TC outpaces a Devestate as a filler is calculated. Proccchances taken into account.